Bettis radio sheff tomorrow

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And it seems he lost his mojo at a critical time for around 18 months? or so just as PH was appointed.

This , imo , resulted in the lack of focus and planning needed for the longer term hence we are suffering currently somewhat as a consequence of this .

I don’t dislike him for not having money , I dislike him for absconding
My understanding is that there were health reasons.

That reasoning doesn’t atone for the shite we bought before they went though does it ?

We had a budget so small that we couldn’t do anything until we sold our best players who both didn’t want to stay (and can you blame them) if we’d shown some ambition in recruitment Berge would have agreed a new contract and most likely Ndiaye regardless of his boyhood club
You point out yourself that we had a very small available budget prior to the sale of Berge and Ndaiye, so what kind of player were you expecting us to sign before then? We were shopping for development players, because that is all we could afford to do. For the main, they aren’t “shite”, but neither, by definition, were they ready for the Premier League. We had to invest for the future while realising we were in trouble in the short term. What would be your alternative strategy, short of producing money from thin air?
As soon as the money became available from the player sales, it was spent on players of a quality more likely to at least have some impact at Premier League level.
There’s been a great deal of discussion about the circumstances surrounding the departure of Berge and Ndaiye. At no point during that period, or since, have I ever seen any credible evidence that either player wished to leave because of our recruitment strategy.

By making his ownership of the club become so embarrassing on nationwide tv from crowd demos during game. You can’t sack a board obviously but our crowd never boos or calls him out.
Exactly, at one time we would have burnt the ground down, that'd show em!

I thought he spoke well, the first caller was a clown trying to sound intelligent and failing.

One issue did annoy me though, he indicated we got around £30m for Sander and Illiman, yet in the next breath said we’d never get another player like Illiman unless we spent tens of millions, begs the question why didn’t we charge them more, they wanted him, he wanted the move and we roll over
Was anyone offering more?
And would he have signed for anyone else or just stayed here while he saw his contract out and left for nowt anyway?

he might have been a decent contributor to this season, even if he did want away at the end
“Might” being the operative word. Hard to call really. Loved watching him in the Championship, where he was a class above in a team that was on a roll. Barely kicked a ball in the Premier League. Excellent against a weakened Spurs in the Cup, but anonymous against City in the semifinal ( apart from missing a sitter in the first couple of minutes). Sadly, we will never know if he is Premier League ability - he chose not to do the experiment.
Personally, I think he would have been OK - his technical skills and work rate would have helped him hold his own. That said, I thought that Anel would be fine in the Premier League, so what do I know!

Presumably the plot is up for sale with planning permission in place for a number of flats. So if the club are interested then they have to offer more than any builder / developer that might want to pay to build it out….and then hope that Scarborough are more interested in money than grudges. Time will tell.
When did Scarborough hive off these sections of land and for how much in the first place?

TBF everyone at the club would ultimately report to the CEO would they not?
Interestingly, I do know an ex-CEO of a football club so I was able to ask them about this.

The manager does report to the CEO but the CEO would offer no advice on any football matters. The CEO runs the day-to-day ops of the business, ensuring the playing team has everything they need for success.

They ensure the non-football management team support the football side to give them the best chance.

They are in dialogue with the manager and Head of recruitment as to what is needed for the club but mostly they are involved in the final stages of negotiations with the other clubs on fees and agents with the players.

So you are correct that people would "report" into the CEO but the CEO would have no real influence on the football side.

Back
Top Bottom