CONFIRMED Aaron Ramsdale returns to the Lane

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He's 22 and already a first choice at a Premier League Club. He's come through our youth system so knows us and we know him well. He's only likely to improve. I'd say it's a no-brainer. Worth £20 million if you can sign him up on a 5-year deal.
No a patch on Cakir. We might have to suffer slightly in his first season because of communication & physicality issues ie for, but trust me, if we get him, we'll quadruple the £20m he'll cost us in the long run if ever we need to cash in.

Bang on Bro 👊

I find all this Ramsdale v Turkish dude a bit like football managers in that most are wanting the young foreign keeper (trendy) that they know very little about that the rock solid English keeper (Untrendy)

well give me CW any day and therefore give me Ramsdale!!
Rock solid Ramsdale 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

A few people seem to be solely assessing the potential purchase of Ramsdale on paper i.e. whether it's a wise outlay/investment financially. For the position of GK, probably more so than any other position, I think the more important factor/criteria is whether he's good enough to play next season.

Regardless of PotS awards at Bournemouth, my gut feel is no but if CW wants him he'll certainly get my backing

Last edited:
No a patch on Cakir. We might have to suffer slightly in his first season because of communication & physicality issues ie for, but trust me, if we get him, we'll quadruple the £20m he'll cost us in the long run if ever we need to cash in.

What are you judging Cakir on?

seen every game since xmas

So not nearly enough to make the claim that Ramsdale isn’t anywhere near as good. You’ve also got to factor in that it’s much easier for a keeper to look good when they play in a team at the top of the division, rather than at the bottom.

EDIT: Just spotted the above

Last edited:
Rock solid Ramsdale 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Had an off day as most footballers do. It’s just looks worse as a keeper.

back off with the ‘humour’ and get behind CW unless you proclaim to know more about football/transfers than CW

Is he black, has he got pace, can he beat a man, can he score half chances ?

If we suffer in the first season he'll not get a second. We can't have a £20 million keeper who is actively costing us goals.

Can confirm he's been spotted in the area. A wendy mate of mine was having round of of golf at Birley Wood when one of the party was attacked by a Canadian goose. Who comes from nowhere to save the day before dissappearing back into the trees down the side of the 3rd hole?

Attachments

• 20200807071928.jpg
    20200807071928.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 51

Didn't Ramsdale concede the second most goals last season after Krul? (I think he did cos Bournemouth had the third worst defence, and Villa swapped 'keepers)

He's not a 'proven' anything, untrendy or otherwise.

To me it’s a clever offer by Wilder Given the likely sell on we have on him any other club would have to be bidding around 15 million to match our 12 million If we up it to 15 million then other clubs would have to be bidding 18-20 million I can’t see many doing that. How many in the Premiership need a keeper. From Ramsdale’s point of view if he wants Premiership football his best chance is us Wilder bid says that. Unless Bournemouth get back up next season Ramsdale would find it even more difficult to get a Premier Number 1 spot next summer. So he will be keen to move to us. Therefore it’s how much Bournemouth want to sell. Ramsdale will not be one of their highest earners so they won’t be worried about his wages. They have already got 40 million in from City and have some players they could cash in and save wages. Therefore I don’t think they will sell unless we pay over the odds

I’m just hoping this is all smoke and mirrors to keep others away from who we re really trying to sign... and/or allowing manure to form the impression we aren’t going to wait for Henderson forever

I've been a little bit disappointed with Ramsdale's development so far. That might sound ridiculous, but when he and Calvert-Lewin were sold I was tipping them to make it at the highest level to almost unanimous derision on here (particularly in regard to the latter). I thought Rambo was the best young keeper in the country and was disappointed that Long had got a big new deal in the pipeline as it seemed inevitable that this would hold Ramsdale back.
Ramsdale has proved me right in so much as he has reached the highest level, but I'm sorry to say his game hasn't come on as much as I thought it would .Everything that impressed me then is still there, but I still see most of the same areas of improvement. He's not really developed under the high ball, and he still gets beaten to low shots that are near him too easily. He was 22 in May so obviously still should have development in him, but for me I'm not convinced at that money. I think there's definitely an 'English' and 'played at prem level' premium at play here.

Last edited:
100% yes. Get him in. He's quality.

Yes, Deano has made some incredible saves and is a brilliant keeper (and we should do whatever it takes/costs to get him), but he had our brick wall in front of him and made the saves when he absolutely had to. He's also had a few howlers and let in a few soft goals too.

I'm confident that Ramsdale can excel with a solid and confident defence in front of him, and he has the right character which is hugely important in a CW squad

Didn't realise Ramsdale's dad was on here

I've been a little bit disappointed with Ramsdale's development so far. That might sound ridiculous, but when he and Calvert-Lewin were sold I was tipping them to make it at the highest level to almost unanimous derision on here (particularly in regard to the latter). I thought Rambo was the best young keeper in the country and was disappointed that Long had got a big new deal in the pipeline as it seemed inevitable that this would hold Ramsdale back.
Ramsdale has proved me right in so much as he has reached the highest level, but I'm sorry to say his game hasn't come on as much as I thought it would .Everything that impressed me then is still there, but I still see most of the same areas of improvement. He's not really developed under the high ball, and he still gets beaten to low shots that are near him too easily. He was 22 in May so obviously still should have development in him, but for me I'm not convinced at that money. I think there's definitely an 'English' and 'played at prem level' premium at play here.
Henderson is not great with high balls either, he stays on his line a lot, probably his style as he isn't the biggest for a gk but he does flap a lot when he is under pressure. Henderson also nearly always gets beaten at his near post which is a weakness. But both are young and will improve.

Henderson is not great with high balls either, he stays on his line a lot, probably his style as he isn't the biggest for a gk but he does flap a lot when he is under pressure. Henderson also nearly always gets beaten at his near post which is a weakness. But both are young and will improve.

You're right on the criticism of Henderson remaining on his line too much. I haven't seen him flap much, but he doesn't have the opportunity due to his aforementioned positioning. His distribution could also use some work, particularly if he's ever going to succeed at a big European or top premier league club as they invariably play out from the back these days. Henderson is by far more rounded of the two at the moment though, and this signing would be a clear regression in the short term at least.

You're right on the criticism of Henderson remaining on his line too much. I haven't seen him flap much, but he doesn't have the opportunity due to his aforementioned positioning. His distribution could also use some work, particularly if he's ever going to succeed at a big European or top premier league club as they invariably play out from the back these days. Henderson is by far more rounded of the two at the moment though, and this signing would be a clear regression in the short term at least.
I agree, but I think regardless of if its cakir or ramsdale I think it will be a regression in the short term. I admit though I haven't seen cakir apart from videos which makes everyone out to be a world beater. I just don't get the big NO! To ramsdale from most people.

Best 'keeper I have seen at the Lane under the high ball was Jamal Blackman. He used to claim the ball like he was plucking an apple from a tree.

I always liked Blackman - felt total confidence with him in goal when anything came in high.

... but anything drilled in low and it was like watching a felled oak tree fall.

People saying ramsdale isn’t worth it I don’t understand the logic

Ramsdale , player of the season in a premier league team relegated in his first season at 22 isn’t worth £12 million

Young Turkish goalkeeper with a good YouTube compilation with zero experience of the premier league definitely worth £20

In this market ramsdale for £15 million would be a bargain

Jordan Pickford has t-Rex arms and he went for £40/50 million he did the exact same with Sunderland winning player of the year in a relegated team.

Nick pope has been quoted £50 million + to Chelsea along with the other names touted

If we signed Ramsdale he could be no1 for the next 10 years + £15 million would be a great deal

I can’t think of many times Henderson has had to claim high balls, Egan normally mood them up for him.

Back
Top Bottom