CONFIRMED Aaron Ramsdale returns to the Lane

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ramsdale always seemed likely to return one day.

I remember standing next to him in the away end at Oxford shortly after he left.

He seemed genuinely attached to the club, but had to leave when he got that offer.

He's a mate of a mate. Big Blade but like you said he couldn't turn down the move with the money on offer.

He's a mate of a mate. Big Blade but like you said he couldn't turn down the move with the money on offer.
Ask the mate if he knows anything about him having chats with the club?
It's from a source close to an ex-Blade, currently at Bournemouth... funnily enough

Maybe something the agent has done without his knowledge but I doubt it

Ask the mate if he knows anything about him having chats with the club?
It's from a source close to an ex-Blade, currently at Bournemouth... funnily enough

Maybe something the agent has done without his knowledge but I doubt it

Darius Henderson?! He'll either miss the opportunity or elbow someone in the face trying.

I think Etheridge only has a contract to 2021 so should be realistic in the summer.

I've never thought that Hendo was a realistic permanent option because Man U would want him back or there would be bigger clubs interested if he was available, which would probably be at about £20m. As much as I like Hendo, I think we'll be looking elsewhere next season.

I liked the look of Verrips yesterday, he showed some promise.

I think Etheridge only has a contract to 2021 so should be realistic in the summer.

West Ham seem to be signing Randolph so don’t expect this link to be correct. He’s not had a good season, but he may be available relatively cheaply.

I’ve got absolutely nothing against Bournemouth, and like Howe a lot, but I’ve now found I’m willing them to continue losing and go down so that we can swoop in for Ramsdale...

Apart from the penalty, Ramsdale kept Bournemouth in it today, pulled off some great saves.

If we cannot get Deano and they go down I could see us being interested.

He’s looking like a very good premiership keeper👍

Put to one side the fact he used to play for us, and it’s heading for the perfect storm..

We will need a keeper, B’mouth are looking like getting relegated, he’s a very very good young GK. if Burnley go down too there is also Nick Pope.

I can see why Henderson would want to go back to Man Utd and be No1 but I also don’t believe he will go back as a No2 the only reason he will be at Man Utd next season imo is if he’s promised a run of games as No1 they have a perfectly good No2 who is happy to sit there, they have a No1 who is on so much money that no one will want to take him the huge gamble to is De Gea is actually quality despite some shaky displays. The smartest thing Man Utd could do is sell to us on the cheap with a buy back option. £15m with a buy back of £25m 3 years time De Geas time is done they come back for a still very young Hendo and get England’s No1 for a snip..

All that aside I really do hope we invest in this area we’ve been very lucky past 3 seasons having two good young GKs on loan but we really need our own No1 and preferably young so he can make the position his for years to come.

Reyt display from the lad toneet.
Fuckingerrimin!

As a regular U18 watcher Ramsdale is by a long way the best keeper we have ever produced.
The old boy I used to stand with said he was the closest thing to Alan Hodgkinson he had ever seen.
Makes saves that seem impossible.

Believed then he would go to the very top, and that belief has been strengthened by his performances this season.
Will play for England, and hopefully will one day return to the Lane.

I seriously don't think we will be able to afford him. Hope I'm wrong though.

Before we all go in with both feet about the need for another keeper if Henderson doesn't come back next season. Do we know if this lad Verrips is any good or not ? UTB 🤷‍♂️

He would be my number 1 choice if we couldn’t get Deano.

Then I would like Sam Johnstone if not from WBA.

Before we all go in with both feet about the need for another keeper if Henderson doesn't come back next season. Do we know if this lad Verrips is any good or not ? UTB 🤷‍♂️
CW is trying to get Hendo for another season, which answers the question I would have thought.

It's a good question, and I am not sure that playing U23's matches and cup matches is enough to be ready to be thrown in at the deep end in the Premier League.

I am no expert, so could be wrong here and he may be almost ready to start, who knows.

It's a good question, and I am not sure that playing U23's matches and cup matches is enough to be ready to be thrown in at the deep end in the Premier League.

I am no expert, so could be wrong here and he may be almost ready to start, who knows.
None of us do. Wilder will have an idea though. I have a different mindset these days - I’m no longer ‘we should do this’. I just have faith in Wilder to get most decisions right and I’m happy to go along with it. It’s not like an Adkins situation where we’re failing and it’s clear he’s making huge mistakes. When does Wilder ever make a baffling decision? I’ve never known a manager at United who sees things the same as we do. It’s hard to get used to really.

It doesn't look like Bournemouth are done yet, but Ramsdale was their MoM against Brighton.

Training with Henderson can only be beneficial for Verrips so it will be interesting to see how he comes on.

Noticeably shaky in Bournemouth’s win yesterday. One cross where he went to punch he completely missed the ball and got the player. Another soft cross he hesitated on, decided to then come for it, got nowhere near and Villa scored. By all accounts he’s had a decent season, but was a bit concerned by what looked like a lack of command of his area – no doubt he’ll have a blinder at the Lane next game.

Back
Top Bottom