The Ramsdale Effect - Should this now be the season's focus...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He cost less than 50% of that.
If you know that then that’s good itk as both Transfer markt and football transfers have him at £12m

If it is £6m then fair play to recruitment dept as he’s now just about holding his own in the EPL

Good age, physical and currently 2nd in league for tackles
IMG_3448.jpeg
IMG_3446.jpegIMG_3447.jpeg

Well it's understandable given last seasons embargo for non payment, and this seasons lack of spending to know that we were skint, however surely we've done enough to balance the books now considering this years TV money and the parachute payments? Accounts expert Sean Thornton might be able to shed more light?

There’s no “were” about it.
We couldn’t afford to pay creditors due to income not being enough to support a championship club.
We will be a champ club again, however now needing to recruit 6-8 players minimum. They will need paying, and the level of player we get will be indicative of the fact we ARE skint!

Gus Hamer looking at himself in the mirror right now.

Transfer markt have Souza at costing us £12.5m and worth £12m, which I would say is about right, even if someone comes in with a £15m bid if he’s happy to stay id keep him

He will be a monster in the Championship, and his personality will be infectious in a winning team
Transfermarkt has Ramsdale costing us £18.5m when in reality it was £12.6m; and Mousset at £10m when the real fee was at most £7m. It's run by enthusiasts and bedroom-dwellers, don't read too much into it.

They'd also have you believe that Berge didn't cost Burnley £15m and Ndiaye didn't cost Marseille €20m up front... amateurs.

We couldn’t afford to pay creditors due to income not being enough to support a championship club.
We will be a champ club again, however now needing to recruit 6-8 players minimum. They will need paying, and the level of player we get will be indicative of the fact we ARE skint!

Indeed. I also thought that we'd borrowed money against next year's parachute payments to bankroll us through this year because the Prince can't/won't, meaning we'll be skint again when we drop down. I'll be happy if I'm wrong here...?

Out of the bunch below - what transfer fee do you think we'd generate based on their season with us so far ?!

Souza
Hamer
Trusty
Traore
Slimani
Archer - (probably irrelevant if it is true he's going back to Villa)

Archer goes back.
Sell or loan Traore.
Keep the rest

We need to bounce straight back up

Surely if we was "skint" we would have only gone for free transfers this window, makes no sense to sell then to buy again if we're that apparently financially unstable.

I am a bit confused by this thread but not sure if i am missing something?

If we sold the below players who actually would form the basis of a good championship side, who would we sign with the money?

Souza- I feel like is finding his feet in PL so should prove to be a strong asset next season
Hamer- is an excellent championship level player if we can find his previous form
Trusty- has shown glimpses this season, did well at Birmingham last season
Traore- unknown, could just be loaned out but has a very good touch and quick if he can cope with the physicality of English football
Slimane- another who has shown glimpses of being half decent for championship level

With these plus our academy players, plus those who are signed, I think our squad looks half decent for next season.

Get a couple of decent loan signings in to replace McAtee and I think we will compete next year.

My preference is that we don't bounce straight back up but top 6 finish good performances, build the squad back up, another 2 transfer windows to improve the squad ready for a proper season in the PL again following promotion in 2 seasons time.

My preference is that we don't bounce straight back up but top 6 finish good performances, build the squad back up, another 2 transfer windows to improve the squad ready for a proper season in the PL again following promotion in 2 seasons time.
Considering we only have two years of parachute payments instead of three we can't fuck about for half a year like we did under Slav.

Aaron Ramsdale had a dreadful first half to the season with us when he joined, but by the end managed to turn his form around to the point where we pretty much recouped the money we paid for him.

It sounds like we will need to generate serious transfer funds in the summer to address our financial issues. With a lot of our best players out of contract, most of our assets will be the players we recruited last summer.

With that in mind should our main aim now to just pick these players constantly week by week and try to play them in the positions that will highlight their talent (I appreciate we probably are already doing that in most cases).

Out of the bunch below - what transfer fee do you think we'd generate based on their season with us so far ?!

Souza
Hamer
Trusty
Traore
Slimani
Archer - (probably irrelevant if it is true he's going back to Villa)
How can we have "financial issues", with Prem Payt, 2 * parachute payments, TV money, 30000 average attendance? Just goes over my head.

Back
Top Bottom