Bettis radio sheff tomorrow

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

uptheblades12

Reaction score
Questions you would ask?

1. Billy Sharp. Why was he promised a new contract? Why was his exit dealt with so poorly? Why did you see fit to overrule Heckingbottom’s desire to keep him, only to leave the dressing room shot and leave us with the strike partnership of Osula and Traore for the first 2 games of the season?

2. Why was archer signed so late? Waiting for Ndiaye funds isn’t a valid reason as Archer either returns to Villa as an expensive loan or we stay up and he stays.

3. What’s stopping another Ndiaye situation occurring again if we ever get a new brilliant player from the youth setup? Is there a strategy or are we always doomed to let them leave for next to nothing?

Questions you would ask?

1. Billy Sharp. Why was he promised a new contract? Why was his exit dealt with so poorly? Why did you see fit to overrule Heckingbottom’s desire to keep him, only to leave the dressing room shot and leave us with the strike partnership of Osula and Traore for the first 2 games of the season?

2. Why was archer signed so late? Waiting for Ndiaye funds isn’t a valid reason as Archer either returns to Villa as an expensive loan or we stay up and he stays.

3. What’s stopping another Ndiaye situation occurring again if we ever get a new brilliant player from the youth setup? Is there a strategy or are we always doomed to let them leave for next to nothing?

Lack of funds...next question

That explains why Sharp was promised a new contract?

Yes it does, Sharp was on good money had a resale value of zero due to his age, PA didn't have the money to spend on wages and signing on fees for Sharp..

Ndyie left because the deal he was offered a year ago didn't reflect his worth..same with berge...

Going back to lundstram, we don't pay the going rate, it's basic stuff... lunny on 22k at rangers, we clearly offered nowhere near that..

How's John Egans contract negotiations going.... if he was offered 25k a week it'd be signed.. it's not signed is it as far as I know.

Edit : don't forget the transfer embargo, that was because we didn't have any money... it's not a small issue..

Are we committed to buy the training ground, and is it costed and funded?

How can we plan the necessary squad rebuild without a head of recruitment, a coach contracted beyond this season, and/or a director of football?

Just what is it about your eyesss, Stephen…

1710887729568.gif

Yes it does, Sharp was on good money had a resale value of zero due to his age, PA didn't have the money to spend on wages and signing on fees for Sharp..

Ndyie left because the deal he was offered a year ago didn't reflect his worth..same with berge...

Going back to lundstram, we don't pay the going rate, it's basic stuff... lunny on 22k at rangers, we clearly offered nowhere near that..

How's John Egans contract negotiations going.... if he was offered 25k a week it'd be signed.. it's not signed is it as far as I know.

Edit : don't forget the transfer embargo, that was because we didn't have any money... it's not a small issue
… so why promise him a new contract

… so why promise him a new contract

They shouldn't have... cause they didn't have the money for a player with no re sale value, this has been the prince's blueprint from day one..

Young re saleable players, on low wages, he's been upfront about that.

Your hanging onto the Sharp deal, so I'll ask you a question.

Do you think Billy is good enough for the premier league this season?

. Billy Sharp. Why was he promised a new contract? Why was his exit dealt with so poorly? Why did you see fit to overrule Heckingbottom’s desire to keep him, only to leave the dressing room shot and leave us with the strike partnership of Osula and Traore for the first 2 games of the season?
Is this the same Billy Sharp whose arse is presently glued to Hull's subs bench?

Personally I don’t think he would’ve been good enough this season, but I don’t think Traore was any better and he cost a few million plus Sharp has proved lots of us wrong before in terms of when we thought he was finished. And Heckingbottom wanted him to stay.

My main issue, though, is how the club dealt with the exit of a living Sheffield United legend. When promotion was confirmed, they should’ve been up front and told him it’s over, let the fans know and then we could’ve had the last 2/3 games giving him a good send off.

Instead they strongly suggested he’d get one more year and let him go through that ordeal with the parade at the end of the season.

I don’t think he’s ever been questioned on the handling of his exit and would like to hear his side. If they offered him a deal on less wages and he turned it down I’d get his side, but Sharp has since said he’d of played for any money, so who knows.

Personally I don’t think he would’ve been good enough this season, but I don’t think Traore was any better and he cost a few million plus Sharp has proved lots of us wrong before in terms of when we thought he was finished. And Heckingbottom wanted him to stay.

My main issue, though, is how the club dealt with the exit of a living Sheffield United legend. When promotion was confirmed, they should’ve been up front and told him it’s over, let the fans know and then we could’ve had the last 2/3 games giving him a good send off.

Instead they strongly suggested he’d get one more year and let him go through that ordeal with the parade at the end of the season.

I don’t think he’s ever been questioned on the handling of his exit and would like to hear his side. If they offered him a deal on less wages and he turned it down I’d get his side, but Sharp has since said he’d of played for any money, so who knows.
Right lads, we’ve got Bettis pinned down with a truth serum injected into the veins. what shall we ask him?
”Ok then, about Billy Sharp….”

Have a listen to this, his exit from the club is discussed here..

It was piss poor, the board overuled the manager..

The reason would be money.

IWhy ask questions about what’s happened in the past and can’t be changed?

Ask questions about future plans such as the training ground and whether the money is actually there now to pay for it or is it a pipe dream in reality?
Based on previous interviews it's just as pointless asking about future plans. There is no coherent plan in place. It has been an exercise of spin for the last few years.

Out of everything we’ve done in the last 9 months, the one thing that you want to ask Bettis about is why we didn’t give Billy another deal?!

I'd phrase it differently ...

Why did you over rule the manager on player selection...?

Edit : he'll say its to do with money.

I'd phrase it differently ...

Why did you over rule the manager on player selection...?

Edit : he'll say its to do with money.
The theory of not giving Sharp and Stevens new contracts was a sound one, the execution of it by replacing the contracts given to Stevens and Sharp with ones to Traore and then loaning Larouci/Thomas was piss poor.

Therefore I’d phrase it as:

“Why, despite a good few years of getting it wrong, does no one at the club seem to see a poor player and a bad deal when it comes along?”

1. WeEaRz MuNeH?

2. What's the plan re. Summer recruitment?

3. What's the realistic ambition next season?

4. Which players can you assure will not be sold?

5. What is being done to realistically facilitate the sale of the club?

6. How can the club be run better, in your view?

7. Is using a retired account on twitter for club communication appropriate?

8. Can you look down this camera, whilst wobbling your eyes and saying "Bettissss" please? Then I can finally retire this old snake gif. Ta.

Back
Top Bottom