Which managers have United fans chanted to be sacked?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
I think it's time Heckingbottom went, but I couldn't being myself to join I the chants today. He deserves credit for last season and I hope that when he returns to Bramall Lane in future he will be remembered primarily for that achievement.
I don't think I've heard United fans calling for a manager's head during a game since Nigel Adkins in 2016 (deservedly). I also remember fans chanting against Danny Wilson, David Weir, Adrian Heath and Dave Bassett (again he had past his sell by date but ai couldn't bring myself to join in). Neil Warnock was a rare example of a manager who survived the fans chant (after Millwall at home in 2005, we were promoted the following season). I fear if Heckingbottom is still there on Wednesday we could see a return to the carpark protests we saw during the Porterfield and McEwan eras.

Mike Gray!!! Not a Blades manager, my manager back when I was working in Sheffield and he was a bit of a twat, so I used to walk round the office chanting about him.

My first Tesco manager was a proper nob; Newcastle fan as well. I didn't chant him out, though; I just stuck pins in an effigy of the twat.

My first Tesco manager was a proper nob; Newcastle fan as well. I didn't chant him out, though; I just stuck pins in an effigy of the twat.

Had a part time job stacking shelves at Fine Fare in my teens, manager was called Greasy Bill, can't remember his real name, he was a reyt nasty sod.

A few of us made up a song about him to the tune of "That's Matrimony" by Gilbert O'Sullivan. "I've no wish to hurry you but have you seen the time, it's quarter to six we're supposed to go at half five, half an hour for the pet foods, don't forget the Trill, who could it be, it's big Greasy Bill"

if the people in here calling for Hecks P45 if they had social media in the 60s onwards Id say every one of them

I would much prefer us to move on from Hecky, without totally shitting on his achievements…But that’s gonna be very difficult amongst this total and utter humiliation…He is currently ruining his own legacy…Shame really

There were a smattering of ‘Bassett out’ chants on the Kop when we went 2-0 down to Leeds in the season we got relegated from the Prem.

Warnock had his share at times. I remember a fair few during the awful 2004/05 season. Bryan Robson definitely got loads. I think his table was more popular with the fans, and more competent than him.

Back
Top Bottom