How long do we let Weir carry on?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bladesman

The Great Grumbleduke
Reaction score
Early days still but is he the right man for the job?

Starting to think it was too risky appointing someone with no experience as manager.

I was just about to post the same.

There was one bit in the commentary where PW said that David Weir was running his hands through his hair - it just came across as a hopeless gesture.

He could be under far more pressure than we realise.

Just reminds me of the day Kevin Blackwell was sacked ...

I'd give him until about 5.05pm tonight. It's not working, its not looking like its going to work and IMO it won't work.

Weir is going to get us relegated.

Not good enough. Does Weir deserve to carry on? i think so, but the pressure must be on now.
I did not expect us to be were we are now.

Patience required we are in transition, sometimes you have to take two steps backwards to go three forward.
Would you accept taking a step back a full division? Because that is what is coming

He is out of his depth sadly, I think if he was managing good quality players in the Championship or PL he'd be an ok manager, but he has no clue at this level, if we are to stick with him we will do well to avoid the drop.

I'd hate it but Warnock has to come back :(

Why would you bring Neil back rather than a young manager who is doing well?
Do we have to constantly look backwards? Dino Neil is not the answer.

You are looking for too much at this stage of the season. We have new players, a new system, with a new manager finding his feet.

Clubs that keep changing their manager never do any good.

We may not make it this year, but to my mind we are at the beginning of a three - five year plan wherever this takes us.

Calls for a new manager are premature.

HH

Well he gives side a drive that we've lacked for many a year, everyone keeps going on about pretty football, but thats all well and good if you have the players, we don't and we won't be in a position to get them for a few years at least I reckon.

I hate to say it but moans across the city showed the way to get out of this division, pace, power and graft...none of which we have , or which I believe Weir would go for

you mean down to the fourth to come back up again.. no thanks

Look guys we're all pissed off. At times according to Dowie on SSN we were playing the better football but he has just done a report, talked about not enough leaders on the pitch, mentioned McMahon, Maguire and Doyle and er that's it. No game changers on the bench. Accused defence of ball watching.

What strikes me is that Weir has maybe little motivational skills.

Look at DB and NW. These guys got SUFC to punch well above our weight (no jokes about West Brom) so their skill was motivation imo. Perhaps what is needed is a motivational/footballing combo at BDTBL. Perhaps Weir worked at Everton because Moyes could motivate?

It is tempting to say bring back NW but other things being equal I suspect NW would want total control so that compromise might not work.

Maybe should be Morgs and Weir, but that'll upset Carsley? What role does Morgs play now (or have I missed something and he has gone)?

we simply have crap players.. end of.. no forwards to speak of.. porter couldn't make the shrewsbury first 11.. defence could be ok at this level with good organisation.. midfield consists of powder puff flynn and murphy and doyle who is monty who can pass .. a bit. rather than not at all..and he's captain. need to get rid of half the team

He is out of his depth sadly, I think if he was managing good quality players in the Championship or PL he'd be an ok manager, but he has no clue at this level, if we are to stick with him we will do well to avoid the drop.

I'd hate it but Warnock has to come back :(
Totally agree weir is totally out of his depth in this situation the side are playing with no desire or passion this comes from the manager I just don't think it's in him.
He's got his ideas how he likes to play football but for sure it dos'nt work at this level.

We tried to take a young manager who was doing well and he turned us down, then we turned to a young manager who was doing ok, and he turned us down, then we turned to another young manage out of work (Southgate) and he wasn't interested either.

Then we turned to a coach. He snatched our hand off.

We don't have time for patience and I expressed these concerns when we appointed somebody with no track record. We needed a proven manager who would get us out of this shit tip division. Then we can start to build something, but taking risks at this level is not good.

We tried to take a young manager who was doing well and he turned us down, then we turned to a young manager who was doing ok, and he turned us down, then we turned to another young manage out of work (Southgate) and he wasn't interested either.

Then we turned to a coach. He snatched our hand off.

We don't have time for patience and I expressed these concerns when we appointed somebody with no track record. We needed a proven manager who would get us out of this shit tip division. Then we can start to build something, but taking risks at this level is not good.

We're on course then!

We're on course then!

So it would seem, unfortunately.

People couldn't understand why I didn't hop on the wave of enthusiasm when Weir was appointed. I did my best to explain and I said I wanted to be proved wrong, but it isn't happening.

Nobody could get this lot promoted. What he needs is to show his willingness to get rid of players and the opportunity to bring better ones in. He's not really shown that so far though. He is clueless, but so would be most managers with the crap weve got. How do you score goals when the only strikers youve got cant hit a cows arse with a proverbial?
How do you stop conceding goals, when defenders or the keeper make silly mistakes? How do you boss midfield, when you've got nobody capable of doing it? Answers on a bogroll.

Some players have just been here too long and have stagnated, or got worse, depending on how you look at it. They have no ambition or desire. Is he the man for the job? Probably not, no. Can't see much point getting rid of him though. Not yet.

Whether it's fair, or whether he likes it or not, without a turnround in form he's gone at 5.10pm on Sat 19th October if we've lost. It's the golden rule.

Last time I saw united was the first game of the season on Sky Sports. United completely outplayed Notts county. We played crisp passing yet effective football just like the best of the Wilson era. Yet today we lose 3-1 to Rotherham. What has happend?!. Never rated Weir. When he was appointed I knew it would end in disaster. Get Danny Wilson back that's what I say.

I think we need to clear out Doyle, Collins, McMahon etc. they're just not of sufficient character to help the youngsters out and take the game by the scruff of the neck. Only Matt Hil seems to have a pair of bollocks and seem a good lad.

Weir needs a lot more time. He might turn out garbage but the team is just not there at the moment. We need some Semedos, Rob Jones, Ben Pringle type players. Players who are in your face and want it. We've got quality now and have had it over the last few years, but it's just working for yet another manager.

Im guessing our new co owner was there today?

I wonder what his thoughts were?

If i was him id be pulling Weir to one side & saying sort this out, or your out.

Back
Top Bottom