PA on Talkshite

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I really hope he does. There's not a soul among us who is willing him to fail.

I'm just extremely wary of the whole thing. I don't think it's going to play out well. I suppose it wasn't playing out very well anyway, but in what already appears to be a cursed season, there's still plenty of time for it to get worse.
I take your point, having said that I think there are a lot of supporters want him to fail.

I did not like Mccabe to be honest. However, he would never got The Blades in a transfer embargo, etc. The prince should sell up and leave ASAP.
Very true.
Our wage bill would never have reached that level and we would never have spent anything like the fees we paid in a vain attempt to get players who might have kept us in the PL 🤔

Prince did say he would like to work with hecky again, so he obviously has no plans on selling us
The only time PA will sell, is when relegation is confirmed mainly because he will be losing money, stay up 😂 and he's still here for the cash.

I did not like Mccabe to be honest. However, he would never got The Blades in a transfer embargo, etc. The prince should sell up and leave ASAP.
Unfortunately he did for a short period of 3 weeks when a temporary embargo was imposed. This only came to light during the Court Hearing when it was revealed both PA and KM agreed to each invest a pre determined amount of money to assist cash flow. PA kept his end of the bargain but KM decided at the 11th hour to insist on a new condition before making payment. That was the removal Jim Phipps from his post. PA refused and a stand off ensued affecting club finances. Eventually KM relented and agreed to meet the terms of the agreement but not before he drip fed the money into the Club rather than pay one lump sum.

Both owners are tainted by the fact under their tenure the Club was placed under an embargo. The difference was PA's was down to poor financial management. KM's was down to him being a narcissist

Do you think Hecky hasn't already been told formally that he's no longer manager?
Or is it only 'official' after the fans and the press are informed?
After each individual fan is informed all at the one time so we all know in unison
And can then comment
The bloody cheek off the guy that owns the club

It’s very early to talk about that but I can assure you one thing: me and Chris are on the same page when it comes to January and after January
“It’s very early to talk about that but I can assure you one thing: me and Chris are on the same page when it comes to January and after January”
In other words- “I’ve made it clear that we ain’t spending jack matey….”

Me too according to the missus. Personally, I think I’m a dead ringer for Michael Buble….

I tend to find rock classics like Wishing Well and Honky Tonk Women work best in the Orville voice, but I do give it more of a Sheffield accent.

How did people find out before the internet?
The club issues a statement, then the print media devour it, before putting their own spin on it.

Hecky had been informed, along with his staff, which is why none of them turned up to take training.

PH remains a true gentleman, usurped by the unusual and disgraceful conduct of the Prince. The Prince retains his status as an amateur narcissist.

We support the team whatever happens, and whoever is in charge. PH was not dismissed because of results, but because of performances. The playing squad is not nearly as unified as they were.

Wilder has a very tough job to do, and a very short time in which to do it. GLTTL

Putting on my UN Peace Keeper hat….A few pause and reflect observations….

1. Despite the rhetoric about the Prince, he is clearly a successful businessman in his field. In business the correct decisions, for the business, aren’t always going to be the most popular decisions. Often it is a case of making the least worst decision! As a previous poster said ‘If you retained Ndiaye and Berge we wouldn’t be in this situation’ versus ‘if you let them walk away on a free, this is the same as Lundstram’. It is really difficult in the moment of making a judgement call that will either earn your accolades or result in you being chastised - each of us do our best and act with best intentions (in the given moment) yet none of us have the benefit of a crystal ball to predict the ‘here and now’; for how we will now be judged.

2. Regarding Kevin McCabe, it is all too easy to remember the more ‘recent’ history (al la Robson, court case etc). Recent memories are really important for us all, yet recent history may not always portray the whole picture. Whilst many of us recall ‘if only if….’ or ‘remember the time when…’, these do not always paint the fuller picture. Putting my UN hat back on it is always easy to seek to point the blame at a single person for a set of circumstances (some may call it ‘throwing them under the bus’), whereas the reality is always much more complex. Some of you may call me pro-McCabe (what you think is inconsequential to me as I‘m seeking to be balanced in my views, opposed to offering knee jerk reactions). All too often Kevin McCabe is remembered for balancing the books, player sales, unfortunate managerial appointments and the court case with the Prince.…. Certainly there were errors, yet at that moment in time when decisions were made, I wholeheartedly believe these were made with best SUFC interests at heart. (Even the ‘most ITK’ are rarely truly ITK when it comes to the whole picture/situation).

3. The recent ‘collective’ history. A lot of narrative on here is of ‘the more recent past’ or the ‘back in the day past’ (with little recognition of what went in-between). A number of us are of an age where our collective histories go back a little further…. Whilst many of us can recall ‘the previous managers, their regime and shortcomings’, we don’t always apply the wider situation and context. Despite the rhetoric about Kevin McCabe, a lesser discussed fact on this forum is a reflection of the man who was one of a few people to be bold, brave and prepared ‘to put his wallet where his mouth was’ back in the days of Mike McDonald and Charles Green. This was a time that many would frame as ’a turf war between the Manchester mafia and the local SUFC supporters’. Many will recall Dave Bassett’s interviews in the tabloid press over the dispute of his pay-off where ‘Green offered to sort it out in the car park, but Bassett called his bluff and Charlie Green backed down’.

Where are we now?… Wilder has returned, it is a blank new page in the future of SUFC. Whilst the past may ‘wish to write the future’, we all know, ‘if we allow the past to define us we will never progress and our past will become our future!’ A blank page (regardless of history) is always a blank, unwritten page.

Pro Prince/Anti Prince… Pro McCabe/Anti McCabe… Pro Hecky/Anti Hecky… Pro Wilder/Anti Wilder…. What does it really matter right now? Whatever our personal views and stances; we now have an opportunity to live by our badge and be UNITED! Individually we can blame/apportion blame, however, this is rarely helpful and rarely achieves our collective aims.

I’ve followed this forum for many years without being a regular poster. For many years, this forum used to be a source of debate, respectful opinion, sharing and positive banter. Over the last 2 years, these positive aspects have been eroded by ‘who is most ITK’ …‘how can I discredit the previous poster?’’who has (or is!) the biggest c**k on the forum?’ (Before anyone posts, this isn’t open hunting season to post c**ks, roosters or any other pseudonyms). We are an awful lot of pages away before we enter t*ts territory! Lol

This season isn’t lost, yet we all acknowledge it is a really difficult uphill battle… Here is lies my final point… Most battles are won or have a positive history by those who were UNITED! Let’s all try to embrace this and be a little kinder to our club’s situation and on here too!

^ The Prince is not a successful businessman. He failed to achieve his business goals and lost his paper trade through his own incompetence.

His attitude to control over SUFC, is epitomized by his childish refusal to announce the removal of one manager, and the appointment of another.

The change was needed but was publicised by default on a radio talk show. Basic errors such as this mark him as a narcissist.

^ The Prince is not a successful businessman. He failed to achieve his business goals and lost his paper trade through his own incompetence.

His attitude to control over SUFC, is epitomized by his childish refusal to announce the removal of one manager, and the appointment of another.

The change was needed but was publicised by default on a radio talk show. Basic errors such as this mark him as a narcissist.

Watched A Rainy Day In New York the other day and felt compelled to read that in the voice of Woody Allen. 😄

Back
Top Bottom