PA on Talkshite

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

“We were negotiating with more than one party to sell the club, the club is worth much more in the Premier League than relegated."

What do you mean "were" you cretin, is this you saying you're not selling up or can't find a buyer?

Pretty much reads that way.

Thanks for transcribing this! Not sure how selling the 2 best players was unselfish but hey ho

It means.....as a fan he wanted to keep them for the final year.
He loved N'Daiye and his heart was saying "keep them, make them both stay".

But then his business head came along and said "stop being emotional"
Look at the bigger picture, the safety and security of the club is more important than individual players.
Also keeping players against their wishes can backfire, where players become disillusioned and stop giving 100%.

If we have kept N'Diaye and Berge and still struggled then most of our fans would be complaining saying

"Why didn't we sell N'Diaye and Berge when we could, fancy losing 30 million, idiot owners. Also did they not learn from Lundstram fiasco, everyone knows when a player has decided they want to leave their form drops massively...sack the board"

“Chris is practically an honour of the club, he’s part of Sheffield United history. One thing I always like to do, not just in football but all of my businesses, is to keep a good relationship with my ex-employees no matter how it ended, I think you should get over it.

“At the end of the day we’re all passionate about what we do and we believe Chris is the right man for the job.

"Chris has done great things for the club and in my opinion he’s the best guy on planet earth to take over the club right now in these circumstances.”

Asked what he would say directly to Blades fans about the call, the Prince said: "Listen to Chris.

“Chris is very optimistic he can save the season, he doesn’t think it’s easy, but he thinks it’s still possible.

“When you look at the table it's a very special year, a very weird year when it comes to the standings, so it’s still early, the season is still long and we have every chance to achieve our goals.”

“We will look at where we are in the table and what we can do.

"It’s very early to talk about that but I can assure you one thing: me and Chris are on the same page when it comes to January and after January.

"We know what we have to do, we’ve looked at all scenarios and we know we’ve made mistakes in the past but if we need to do anything at any time we will do it."

"I really have a lot of respect for Paul and everything he did for the club, he’s a very classy guy.

“I’ve been at the club for five years and we changed one manager and that was Slav [Slavisa Jokanovic], so we believe in sticking with the manager and supporting him.

"But I felt like after the last few games it was a necessary decision and the replacement has done great things for the clubs and knows the club, so I feel good about the decision in one way but I really have a tremendous respect for Paul."

“If I was an owner looking only at my interests I would have not sold the two players,” he said.

“We were negotiating with more than one party to sell the club, the club is worth much more in the Premier League than relegated.

“We all knew that if we kept Iliman and Berge we would have had a better chance of staying in the Premier League and getting a better price, but I looked at the long-term interests of the club, not only me, and that’s why I’m very proud of the club.

“We came to the decision that with one year left on their contracts we looked at the long term interests of the club, we didn’t look at only this year and think ‘who cares about next year we won’t be here?’ we couldn’t keep those players and lose the club a lot of money

“Everything we do is for the benefit of the club. We have not taken money out of the club."
He's fucking crackers! Like the rest of the board, sell your best players after promotion!the lunatics are running the asylum😒

The bigger picture, the safety and security of the club is more important than individual players.
Also keeping players against their wishes can backfire, where players become disillusioned and stop giving 100%.
Not sure that last lines up with the owners infamous "players try harder in the last year of their contract" plan

….”but I looked at the long term interests of the club”

Fuck off, just fuck off….this is the club you’re trying to sell, right?
Looking after the long term interest of the club… by giving even the tiniest time of day to Dozy - then saying “well, the EFL will check if he’s dodgy or not”

Simon Jordan pointed out after the interview that he found it all to be very ridiculous that one of our best players ( Berge ) could be attracted to a similar size club Burnley and we were obviously not prepared to match the wages / contract on offer.

good point, well made
We were prepared to. Sander did want to sign a new contract until the old one expired. Therefore, we gat a fee for him

The bigger picture, the safety and security of the club is more important than individual players.

Well we kept Lunny for his last year and he started phoning it in.

Not saying Ndiaye or Berge would have but you are gambling that they won't.

The actually owner of the club confirming it yet some not happy till Ryan on work experience is tweeting it from the club account 😂
That's actually a very good point.
Is it even official though without initials? A moody video? Or some modern emoji? 😮‍💨🔥

He's fucking crackers! Like the rest of the board, sell your best players after promotion!the lunatics are running the asylum😒
Omg, he’s clearly explained why….. We didn’t want to lose the 30 odd £m

The absolute downfall was that the decision wasn’t made a couple of weeks after the season ended and that the money wasn’t fully invested in the team to bring in appropriate replacements with sufficient time, not scrabbling around a couple of weeks the season started.

Possibly. Or sold to the Burley lot and in the Prem or Championship. Point is we wouldn't be run like a fucking National League North/Fantasy football team.
I wouldn’t be too high on those Burnley owners. They bought the club with a leveraged buyout. When they get relegated this season they could be in the shit with the amount of debts they will have.

What radio station does he go on when Wilder is sacked in April?

The actually owner of the club confirming it yet some not happy till Ryan on work experience is tweeting it from the club account 😂
I'm more not happy that the club is being run in an unprofessional manner. This on it's own looks decidedly amateur but no harm, no foul. But the fact that we laugh at Chansiri for doing this crackpot stuff on a local fans forum but don't mind our owner doing it on national radio is baffling to me.

Possibly. Or sold to the Burley lot and in the Prem or Championship. Point is we wouldn't be run like a fucking National League North/Fantasy football team.

Yeah with a lot of leveraged debt that would need us to get of the Championship instantly.

I was listening to "Jimmy Ramble" (or who ever) on Utube this morning saying "whatever the outcome of CW coming back, one thing for certain is he will galvanise the club and the fans will believe they have their club back again"

I'm afraid Mr. Ramble doesn't speak for me. Bringing back a club hero in desperate times, seemingly based on emotion rather than (recent) professional merit, doesn't make me feel like I've got my club back.

It feels like a noisy smokescreen to try and divert attention away from the real issues at the club, and if performances don't improve immediately (which I don't think they will due to the lack of quality in the squad) then it has the potential to turn a bit nasty.

I have incredible memories of Wilder's tenure here. He left in strange circumstances but I've made my peace with it and moved on. I fear for his legacy if things don't improve.

The Prince lacks professionalism as a businessman, and as the owner of a football club.

He is childish and petulant about the way this has been handled. His conduct brings shame on the club he wants to sell.

I’d rather it come directly from the owner with the additional info we have than some lame official club website statement. Some people really need to grow up in terms of moaning about how it’s been announced, I heard there’s also a press conference at 1;30pm too.

With some hindsight I think this is a very smart move from PA, a gamble ? yes, but a calculated one.
I was listening to "Jimmy Ramble" (or who ever) on Utube this morning saying "whatever the outcome of CW coming back, one thing for certain is he will galvanise the club and the fans will believe they have their club back again"
I totally agree with that assessment, Bramall Lane will be rocking tomorrow night whatever happens,

Maybe, just maybe Chris Wilder is the messiah we have all been hoping for.

Rock on guys & gals we are going to be fine.

UTB
Dream on not a chance it will be rocking.
You'll probably get some half hearted rendition of the Wilder and Knill song but after 30mins in when Liverpool have just scored their 3rd that will stop.

Infact Wilder being made manager is more than likely too make not bother going.

We aren't going too be fine the nightmare is just beginning with Wilder in charge.
Simon Jordan was spot on with his assessment of Wilder.

Our only hope is and it is a slim hope is that we get taken over by someone who knows football and kicks Wilder out via which ever door he chooses.

Back
Top Bottom