Chris Wilder and rebuilding Sheffield United

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I know PA isn't on your Xmas card list Andy but you can't knock him for getting value for players. We got 24m-30m for Ramsdale!

McCabe days players were sold on the first offer.
Not sure it was that much a bargain as Arsenal claimed it was nowhere near the fee we wanted which was between 30 and 35 m. We sold originally and bought back for a significant amount and sold again for a second choice England player and a team who was vying for the title last season. If Aston Villa or any other club come sniffing for Arblaster I can’t see any other outcome. If Arblaster is sold i’d be surprised if any of the money would go to strengthening and cue the press release he went for wages, no shit sherlock.

I know PA isn't on your Xmas card list Andy but you can't knock him for getting value for players. We got 24m-30m for Ramsdale!

McCabe days players were sold on the first offer.
Mccabe according to a friend of mine who was close to him said he needed to recover 7m in signings a year in the championship to cover losses. He was a business associate of his.

Not sure it was that much a bargain as Arsenal claimed it was nowhere near the fee we wanted which was between 30 and 35 m. We sold originally and bought back for a significant amount and sold again for a second choice England player and a team who was vying for the title last season. If Aston Villa or any other club come sniffing for Arblaster I can’t see any other outcome. If Arblaster is sold i’d be surprised if any of the money would go to strengthening and cue the press release he went for wages, no shit sherlock.
PA wouldn't dare sell Arblaster after this season. IF he did they definitely would be funds available as CW and the fans wouldn't be happy.

They would be uproar.

It's a tough call - he's always divided opinion - but Wilder has emphasised the importance of being available , so imo it would be hypocritical of him to chase McB unless the medical prognosis is so good that we can insure him against repeats of his many & varied injuries.
That said , if we could get McBurnie's ELK , that would be the most muscular striker we ever had and no one would challenge him for a header with those antlers ...
And don't mock the idea - we once had a Moose , you know
Might be a handy player in the caribou cup

Oli McBurnie was slapping the badge on his club gear on Saturday in front of the Kop on the tour with the two boxers at HT.......he might want to sign a new deal,but do we risk a squad number on his injury prone body.
So has BBD , IN , SB , MGW , to name but some in their time

Means nowt

I cant see us selling Arblaster for £10m. If there's one thing you can say on the Prince it is that he drives a hard price for player sales. Not like McCabe did for example.
There’s plenty of things I can say about the prince.

But we are stuck with him

There is only one manager who ever did well coming back, indeed he never quite left; the late great John Harris.
Well he did move over to the dark side ! and then predicted our demise....which was accurate as it turned out .

How many loans can we have in the matchday squad next season ?
Has Wilder got any chance of PL loans ?
I don't want to see too many loans again. We need to build a squad that we own, with potential resale value.

We borrowed Henderson for two seasons and then had to spend a large chunk of the following seasons budget to replace him, leaving little money left to strengthen other areas.

We borrowed MGW who went to Forest for £35mil. What did we get from it because we didn't make money from that deal.

In the summer we didn't just lose Ndiaye and Berge, we lost Ndiaye, Berge, Doyle and McAtee. We ended up replacing McAtee with McAtee, but sadly an inferior and not as effective McAtee. But for a short period he has been poor on the whole. He doesn't track back, he doesn't make tackles. Off the ball he is as lazy as many others but never gets the same heat and criticism for it.

I don't want to see too many loans again. We need to build a squad that we own, with potential resale value.

We borrowed Henderson for two seasons and then had to spend a large chunk of the following seasons budget to replace him, leaving little money left to strengthen other areas.

We borrowed MGW who went to Forest for £35mil. What did we get from it because we didn't make money from that deal.

In the summer we didn't just lose Ndiaye and Berge, we lost Ndiaye, Berge, Doyle and McAtee. We ended up replacing McAtee with McAtee, but sadly an inferior and not as effective McAtee. But for a short period he has been poor on the whole. He doesn't track back, he doesn't make tackles. Off the ball he is as lazy as many others but never gets the same heat and criticism for it.
Exactly on loans replacing players with loans is only going one way now honestly I have no confidence well sign cheap as chips .princes best mate said we need to sell but makes no sense sel gamer that's us done for a few years .

Exactly on loans replacing players with loans is only going one way now honestly I have no confidence well sign cheap as chips .princes best mate said we need to sell but makes no sense sel gamer that's us done for a few years .
Sell a first teamer, replace with a loan player. Loan players returns to parent club and we're still without a replacement. Ah, but we still have the money from that sale. But do we, as it never seems to end this way. Replacing permanent players with loans is a recipe for disaster.

It’s a simple fact that there will be asset selling of high earners under contract to raise funds to avoid the additional 2 pts deduction. That means I doubt we will pay any fees. It will be frees and loans - so any cash available will be in wages. So hopefully decent loans from Premiership. Problem with that is that we may start the season with half a squad so a team of youngsters and whatever we have left. Expect most of the decent loan deals to be done in the last week of August.

I truly hope that I am wrong - but let’s see if The Prince does a better job this summer!

What else can we do?

We aren’t going to pay good money for players are we.

Loan and free market.
Free market and pick off some of the best players from League One. They rarely command fees above £5mil and there's some damn good players in that league.

Loan signings should supplement your team but when they're your best players, you've got problems.

Sell a first teamer, replace with a loan player. Loan players returns to parent club and we're still without a replacement. Ah, but we still have the money from that sale. But do we, as it never seems to end this way. Replacing permanent players with loans is a recipe for disaster.
Exactly it's what the clubs like Huddersfield do or replace with a academy prospect

Stop moaning, back wilder.
Why?
He's an employee of the club, and not a very effective one.
I'll continue to back Sheffield United, but I really can't back him. He's done nothing to demonstrate that he can make things better. I'm not going to get personal about him, but professionally he no longer seems to have what it takes, in all sorts of ways.

It’s a simple fact that there will be asset selling of high earners under contract to raise funds to avoid the additional 2 pts deduction. That means I doubt we will pay any fees. It will be frees and loans - so any cash available will be in wages. So hopefully decent loans from Premiership. Problem with that is that we may start the season with half a squad so a team of youngsters and whatever we have left. Expect most of the decent loan deals to be done in the last week of August.

I truly hope that I am wrong - but let’s see if The Prince does a better job this summer!
You can't be wrong if it's a fact

Yep …. And that has ended well for them has’nt it!
Well according. Princes mouthpiece were not done in selling as we are the 12th biggest spenders in last 5 years and have to balance books . I already say summer will be a total disaster

Back
Top Bottom