PA on Talkshite

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ISZA ⚔️

Reaction score
“Chris is practically an honour of the club, he’s part of Sheffield United history. One thing I always like to do, not just in football but all of my businesses, is to keep a good relationship with my ex-employees no matter how it ended, I think you should get over it.

“At the end of the day we’re all passionate about what we do and we believe Chris is the right man for the job.

"Chris has done great things for the club and in my opinion he’s the best guy on planet earth to take over the club right now in these circumstances.”

Asked what he would say directly to Blades fans about the call, the Prince said: "Listen to Chris.

“Chris is very optimistic he can save the season, he doesn’t think it’s easy, but he thinks it’s still possible.

“When you look at the table it's a very special year, a very weird year when it comes to the standings, so it’s still early, the season is still long and we have every chance to achieve our goals.”

“We will look at where we are in the table and what we can do.

"It’s very early to talk about that but I can assure you one thing: me and Chris are on the same page when it comes to January and after January.

"We know what we have to do, we’ve looked at all scenarios and we know we’ve made mistakes in the past but if we need to do anything at any time we will do it."

"I really have a lot of respect for Paul and everything he did for the club, he’s a very classy guy.

“I’ve been at the club for five years and we changed one manager and that was Slav [Slavisa Jokanovic], so we believe in sticking with the manager and supporting him.

"But I felt like after the last few games it was a necessary decision and the replacement has done great things for the clubs and knows the club, so I feel good about the decision in one way but I really have a tremendous respect for Paul."

“If I was an owner looking only at my interests I would have not sold the two players,” he said.

“We were negotiating with more than one party to sell the club, the club is worth much more in the Premier League than relegated.

“We all knew that if we kept Iliman and Berge we would have had a better chance of staying in the Premier League and getting a better price, but I looked at the long-term interests of the club, not only me, and that’s why I’m very proud of the club.

“We came to the decision that with one year left on their contracts we looked at the long term interests of the club, we didn’t look at only this year and think ‘who cares about next year we won’t be here?’ we couldn’t keep those players and lose the club a lot of money

“Everything we do is for the benefit of the club. We have not taken money out of the club."

So confused. Can't we just make it official?! I was about to post a who else could we have as manager thread, but if its definitely Wilder then I want to move on and get behind the team.

Love this club, what ever decisions are made, no matter how bad, stupid, how much I disagree, I will always see that badge and have pride in the blades.

“Chris is practically an honour of the club, he’s part of Sheffield United history. One thing I always like to do, not just in football but all of my businesses, is to keep a good relationship with my ex-employees no matter how it ended, I think you should get over it.

“At the end of the day we’re all passionate about what we do and we believe Chris is the right man for the job.

"Chris has done great things for the club and in my opinion he’s the best guy on planet earth to take over the club right now in these circumstances.”

Asked what he would say directly to Blades fans about the call, the Prince said: "Listen to Chris.

“Chris is very optimistic he can save the season, he doesn’t think it’s easy, but he thinks it’s still possible.

“When you look at the table it's a very special year, a very weird year when it comes to the standings, so it’s still early, the season is still long and we have every chance to achieve our goals.”

"It’s very early to talk about that but I can assure you one thing: me and Chris are on the same page when it comes to January and after January.

"We know what we have to do, we’ve looked at all scenarios and we know we’ve made mistakes in the past but if we need to do anything at any time we will do it."

"I really have a lot of respect for Paul and everything he did for the club, he’s a very classy guy.

“I’ve been at the club for five years and we changed one manager and that was Slav [Slavisa Jokanovic], so we believe in sticking with the manager and supporting him.

"But I felt like after the last few games it was a necessary decision and the replacement has done great things for the clubs and knows the club, so I feel good about the decision in one way but I really have a tremendous respect for Paul."

“If I was an owner looking only at my interests I would have not sold the two players,” he said.

“We were negotiating with more than one party to sell the club, the club is worth much more in the Premier League than relegated.

“We all knew that if we kept Iliman and Berge we would have had a better chance of staying in the Premier League and getting a better price, but I looked at the long-term interests of the club, not only me, and that’s why I’m very proud of the club.

“We came to the decision that with one year left on their contracts we looked at the long term interests of the club, we didn’t look at only this year and think ‘who cares about next year we won’t be here?’ we couldn’t keep those players and lose the club a lot of money

“Everything we do is for the benefit of the club. We have not taken money out of the club."
Thanks for transcribing this! Not sure how selling the 2 best players was unselfish but hey ho

Simon Jordan pointed out after the interview that he found it all to be very ridiculous that one of our best players ( Berge ) could be attracted to a similar size club Burnley and we were obviously not prepared to match the wages / contract on offer.

good point, well made

Sums up how this club is run. Going on Talksport to talk about the new manager before thanking and announcing the old manager has left. Really piss poor that.
Sure the old manager will have been talked to the prince and received his severance pay and thanked behind closed doors

Is PA trying to say that he is in Love with CW ?

The actually owner of the club confirming it yet some not happy till Ryan on work experience is tweeting it from the club account 😂
not happening unless we have a 1 minute video of Hecky leaving through a cloud of smoke, only for Wilder to appear in his place whilst singing Greasy Chip Butty song and drinking a bottle of Hendo's

Well, it's certainly different.

Noticed he never talks to BBC radio Sheffield or the local media.

The Prince has spoken directly, giving short interviews to Talksport several times in the past, must be Jim Whites charm ha ha.
He's also been on Nic and Hal's Sheffield United Way channel, saying he prefers this method when communicating with fans.

He says he's aware that his words could be twisted to fit a negative agenda so obviously prefers a level of control.

To be fair there are some points where he could be taken to task
but the vast bulk of what the Prince says has logic and seems fair
I like that he doesn't bare grudges, he might not even like Wilder but business is business and there's obviously a lot of mutual respect.

Also as mentioned before....it's not a case of "which manager would you pick...would you want Wilder"?
We find ourselves in a limbo situation, limited finances and the club up for sale, so there's zero point in long term planning
because any new owner will have their own ideas and quickly change it wanting to put their own stamp on he club.

So the job spec is we need a manager who is cheap and willing to accept a short term contract with little financial security.
This fact instantly rules out over 95% of all managers and we're left with the dregs of the management world.
So out of the dregs (the realistic options), don't think anyone can deny Chris Wilder is by far and away the best candidate.

Doubt he's the right choice for the long term...but he'll greatly improve us in the short term....that's good enough for me.

Looking forward to his sabre rattling, us against the world pre match interviews.
We've seen with our own eyes, an highly motivated Wilder can turn average players into a well oiled high performing team.
Still think we'll be relegated but with Wilder anything is possible, at least we now have hope.

Last edited:
Somewhat sorry to see Hecky go, as he's been a great manager for the club to get us promoted in the circumstances... but then those circumstances have clearly caught up with him, and we've been "found out" as a club. He got a pass for a while to bed in new players; new league etc etc but the loss to Burnley in that fashion was pretty much the final straw for me. Good luck to him in his future endeavours - i'm certainly not a Hater, but the time had come.

On the plus side, it means my forum avatar is relevant again.

….”but I looked at the long term interests of the club”

Fuck off, just fuck off….this is the club you’re trying to sell, right?

Simon Jordan pointed out after the interview that he found it all to be very ridiculous that one of our best players ( Berge ) could be attracted to a similar size club Burnley and we were obviously not prepared to match the wages / contract on offer.

good point, well made
Though could have made his argument stronger by pointing out he went to a much smaller club in Burnley

good point, well made

There's no way Berge was staying here after this season. Even if we did match Burnleys wages.

Unfortunately if we didn't sell him. He would have gone for nowt.

good point, well made

True but let's be right there is an upper limit to what we can offer a player. If that isn't enough for Berge to stay then he may as well go? Plus we had his international manager telling him to leave at every opportunity. Burnley obviously could offer a better deal but then that shows its less about football for Berge and more about money then.

With some hindsight I think this is a very smart move from PA, a gamble ? yes, but a calculated one.
I was listening to "Jimmy Ramble" (or who ever) on Utube this morning saying "whatever the outcome of CW coming back, one thing for certain is he will galvanise the club and the fans will believe they have their club back again"
I totally agree with that assessment, Bramall Lane will be rocking tomorrow night whatever happens,

Maybe, just maybe Chris Wilder is the messiah we have all been hoping for.

Rock on guys & gals we are going to be fine.

UTB

It's such a self-aggrandising piece of individual promotion - "Look at me, hard done by, always thinking of others.....yes, perhaps, maybe, we should have kept Illy and Berge, maybe another season in the Prem might have happened, but come on chaps, sometimes you just gotta do something, anything, to keep this boat afloat.......oh, as for the absence of communicating with the supporters, well they're so hooked they'll be unable to affect any decisions I make, after all it's my fiefdom and I'm Lord of the manor.....
as for the reported value that's been suggested, give me a fuckin' break, do you think that I'm motivated by money??? All I've ever wanted is for this club to thrive, and if this results in the club's value going through the roof, happy days I say, I mean, you wouldn't begrudge me walking away with a few quid, would you???"

Dare I say, Chansiri-esque

Sums up how this club is run. Going on Talksport to talk about the new manager before thanking and announcing the old manager has left. Really piss poor that.
Do you think Hecky hasn't already been told formally that he's no longer manager?
Or is it only 'official' after the fans and the press are informed?

“We were negotiating with more than one party to sell the club, the club is worth much more in the Premier League than relegated."

What do you mean "were" you cretin, is this you saying you're not selling up or can't find a buyer?

Back
Top Bottom