PA on Talkshite

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think I can officially say I'd rather McCabe had won the court case now. Kevin Fucking McCabe.

Let there be no judgement more damning than that.
Can I just remind you that it was Kevin McCabe who was happy to see Warnock go (who many of our fans want back, and he's had several promotions since he left us) with Bryan Robson! Then you've got the fact that McCabe would have sold the club to Alan Pace who ought Burnley with his leveraged buy out and when they go down, they'll be in a much bigger mess than we are currently (they also were in a transfer embargo last season).

So with respect, there's no way we'd be better off with McCabe/Pace in charge.

The Prince does things a certain way re talking to the media, I don't agree with a lot of his decisions but I think getting back Wilder could prove to be a masterstroke. Not many thought Hecky should have been appointed, me included, but overall he did well. McCabe appointed David Weir as well as Robson and sacked Micky Adams who he appointed afterr just five months in charge. When he appointed Danny Wilson, Mark Robbins was also out of work and was linked but McCabe chose Wilson who wasn't a popular choice, I seem to recall it was a chance meeting with Wilson on McCabe's holiday that got Wilson the job!? Granted Wilson did well as I thought he would, but we should have gone for Robbins and he would have been my choice to replace Hecky but in reality we probably wouldn't get him.

Overall McCabe has made a lot more errors than the Prince has, granted McCabe had much longer in charge but I think overall the Prince has done ok, he's made errors, but I still trust his judgement more than McCabe's.

I'll say one thing on McCabe. He's never deserved the hatred some have given him, he developed the ground and training ground and the Prince hasn't done either, and both, particularly the training ground need developing but that costs serious money.

Last edited:
How about releasing a statement on the official website and social media first of all. Radical I know.

Some won't care how it's released but yet again it's a disappointing and unprofessional way of doing things.

Chinese whispers over a period of time is bad enough, but even when it's happened, to still do it through social media friends and then national radio is piss poor for me.

What also sticks in my craw a little here, is that it's now obvious that the rumours of this happening for a while now have been true. On more than one occasion this season, Alan Knill has been sat directly behind the dugout with no Wales players on show. Sharing a mutual friend with him and having met him, he's a lovely decent fella and a different personality to Wilder, but I find it unedifying and disrespectful how this has come about.

It's happened now though so just got to get on board with the new management team and hope for the best.

How about releasing a statement on the official website and social media first of all. Radical I know.

Some won't care how it's released but yet again it's a disappointing and unprofessional way of doing things.

Chinese whispers over a period of time is bad enough, but even when it's happened, to still do it through social media friends and then national radio is piss poor for me.

What also sticks in my craw a little here, is that it's now obvious that the rumours of this happening for a while now have been true. On more than one occasion this season, Alan Knill has been sat directly behind the dugout with no Wales players on show. Sharing a mutual friend with him and having met him, he's a lovely decent fella and a different personality to Wilder, but I find it unedifying and disrespectful how this has come about.

It's happened now though so just got to get on board with the new management team and hope for the best.
Beyond embarrassing. Just another example of the amateur way the Clubs operates off field with little regard to strategic communications. What other Club phones into a talk show on Radio and announces a new manager before officially confirming the departure of the previous one? Just looks unprofessional.

The last hour from a comms perspective has been shambolic. Owner goes off at a tangent speaks to national radio. Club comms hastily issue an official statement thanking PH for his services stating they hope to have a replacement before the Liverpool game. Within 30 minutes of this statement Club tweet appointment of CW. Sky confirm press conference at 1.30 pm. This after 24 hours of leaks and speculation. There was nothing to stop the official statement being issued at some stage yesterday. Blind leading the Blind again.

Those responsible for media at SUFC must be tearing their hair out at PA going off at a tangent Chansiri style on comms yet again. I suppose we should be thankful he hasn't given El Accounto the scoop on twitter.

The actually owner of the club confirming it yet some not happy till Ryan on work experience is tweeting it from the club account 😂
You do know there will be threads in the future querying what exactly Ryan has brought to the club and whether we really need him.

“Chris is practically an honour of the club, he’s part of Sheffield United history. One thing I always like to do, not just in football but all of my businesses, is to keep a good relationship with my ex-employees no matter how it ended, I think you should get over it.

“At the end of the day we’re all passionate about what we do and we believe Chris is the right man for the job.

"Chris has done great things for the club and in my opinion he’s the best guy on planet earth to take over the club right now in these circumstances.”

Asked what he would say directly to Blades fans about the call, the Prince said: "Listen to Chris.

“Chris is very optimistic he can save the season, he doesn’t think it’s easy, but he thinks it’s still possible.

“When you look at the table it's a very special year, a very weird year when it comes to the standings, so it’s still early, the season is still long and we have every chance to achieve our goals.”

“We will look at where we are in the table and what we can do.

"It’s very early to talk about that but I can assure you one thing: me and Chris are on the same page when it comes to January and after January.

"We know what we have to do, we’ve looked at all scenarios and we know we’ve made mistakes in the past but if we need to do anything at any time we will do it."

"I really have a lot of respect for Paul and everything he did for the club, he’s a very classy guy.

“I’ve been at the club for five years and we changed one manager and that was Slav [Slavisa Jokanovic], so we believe in sticking with the manager and supporting him.

"But I felt like after the last few games it was a necessary decision and the replacement has done great things for the clubs and knows the club, so I feel good about the decision in one way but I really have a tremendous respect for Paul."

“If I was an owner looking only at my interests I would have not sold the two players,” he said.

“We were negotiating with more than one party to sell the club, the club is worth much more in the Premier League than relegated.

“We all knew that if we kept Iliman and Berge we would have had a better chance of staying in the Premier League and getting a better price, but I looked at the long-term interests of the club, not only me, and that’s why I’m very proud of the club.

“We came to the decision that with one year left on their contracts we looked at the long term interests of the club, we didn’t look at only this year and think ‘who cares about next year we won’t be here?’ we couldn’t keep those players and lose the club a lot of money

“Everything we do is for the benefit of the club. We have not taken money out of the club."
Reading crap like this makes me realise why no one seriously considering buying the club would deal with such a cowboy.

Somewhat sorry to see Hecky go, as he's been a great manager for the club to get us promoted in the circumstances... but then those circumstances have clearly caught up with him, and we've been "found out" as a club. He got a pass for a while to bed in new players; new league etc etc but the loss to Burnley in that fashion was pretty much the final straw for me. Good luck to him in his future endeavours - i'm certainly not a Hater, but the time had come.

On the plus side, it means my forum avatar is relevant again.
Prince did say he would like to work with hecky again, so he obviously has no plans on selling us

Most of your post is actually irrelevant.
All that matters is this:

"It's happened now though so just got to get on board with the new management team and hope for the best."

Most of your post is actually irrelevant.
All that matters is this:

"It's happened now though so just got to get on board with the new management team and hope for the best."
Irrelevant to you maybe.

W
There's no way Berge was staying here after this season. Even if we did match Burnleys wages.

Unfortunately if we didn't sell him. He would have gone for nowt.
Why would we want to improve his wages? He was over paid for how he performed for us. Anyone who saw him Saturday could see He's still shite never did owt all game, sideways and backwards fuck knows what Anyone sees in him.

I'm afraid Mr. Ramble doesn't speak for me. Bringing back a club hero in desperate times, seemingly based on emotion rather than (recent) professional merit, doesn't make me feel like I've got my club back.

It feels like a noisy smokescreen to try and divert attention away from the real issues at the club, and if performances don't improve immediately (which I don't think they will due to the lack of quality in the squad) then it has the potential to turn a bit nasty.

I have incredible memories of Wilder's tenure here. He left in strange circumstances but I've made my peace with it and moved on. I fear for his legacy if things don't improve.
This.

I'm afraid Mr. Ramble doesn't speak for me. Bringing back a club hero in desperate times, seemingly based on emotion rather than (recent) professional merit, doesn't make me feel like I've got my club back.

It feels like a noisy smokescreen to try and divert attention away from the real issues at the club, and if performances don't improve immediately (which I don't think they will due to the lack of quality in the squad) then it has the potential to turn a bit nasty.

I have incredible memories of Wilder's tenure here. He left in strange circumstances but I've made my peace with it and moved on. I fear for his legacy if things don't improve.
I think Wilder will have an incredibly short honeymoon period. If things haven’t drastically improved by the end of The Luton game or there abouts I think the fans will start to turn on him. It has the potential to become very toxic, very quickly.
Fingers crossed he can turn things around but I’m not optimistic with the squad available to him.

The Prince should have sacked Hecky in the international break, it was easy to see he would not win another game. Wilder's job of keeping the club up, is now nearly impossible.

Dream on not a chance it will be rocking.
You'll probably get some half hearted rendition of the Wilder and Knill song but after 30mins in when Liverpool have just scored their 3rd that will stop.

Infact Wilder being made manager is more than likely too make not bother going.

We aren't going too be fine the nightmare is just beginning with Wilder in charge.
Simon Jordan was spot on with his assessment of Wilder.

Our only hope is and it is a slim hope is that we get taken over by someone who knows football and kicks Wilder out via which ever door he chooses.
Doom Monger, Look on the brightside, Let's see what happens

In some ways i agree, you should never go back, but i agree with PA if anybody can turn our situation around it's CW

I did not like Mccabe to be honest. However, he would never got The Blades in a transfer embargo, etc. The prince should sell up and leave ASAP.

“Chris is practically an honour of the club, he’s part of Sheffield United history. One thing I always like to do, not just in football but all of my businesses, is to keep a good relationship with my ex-employees no matter how it ended, I think you should get over it.

“At the end of the day we’re all passionate about what we do and we believe Chris is the right man for the job.

"Chris has done great things for the club and in my opinion he’s the best guy on planet earth to take over the club right now in these circumstances.”

Asked what he would say directly to Blades fans about the call, the Prince said: "Listen to Chris.

“Chris is very optimistic he can save the season, he doesn’t think it’s easy, but he thinks it’s still possible.

“When you look at the table it's a very special year, a very weird year when it comes to the standings, so it’s still early, the season is still long and we have every chance to achieve our goals.”

“We will look at where we are in the table and what we can do.

"It’s very early to talk about that but I can assure you one thing: me and Chris are on the same page when it comes to January and after January.

"We know what we have to do, we’ve looked at all scenarios and we know we’ve made mistakes in the past but if we need to do anything at any time we will do it."

"I really have a lot of respect for Paul and everything he did for the club, he’s a very classy guy.

“I’ve been at the club for five years and we changed one manager and that was Slav [Slavisa Jokanovic], so we believe in sticking with the manager and supporting him.

"But I felt like after the last few games it was a necessary decision and the replacement has done great things for the clubs and knows the club, so I feel good about the decision in one way but I really have a tremendous respect for Paul."

“If I was an owner looking only at my interests I would have not sold the two players,” he said.

“We were negotiating with more than one party to sell the club, the club is worth much more in the Premier League than relegated.

“We all knew that if we kept Iliman and Berge we would have had a better chance of staying in the Premier League and getting a better price, but I looked at the long-term interests of the club, not only me, and that’s why I’m very proud of the club.

“We came to the decision that with one year left on their contracts we looked at the long term interests of the club, we didn’t look at only this year and think ‘who cares about next year we won’t be here?’ we couldn’t keep those players and lose the club a lot of money

“Everything we do is for the benefit of the club. We have not taken money out of the club."
It was in the long term interest of the club to have a lesser chance of staying in the Prem ?
With an extra years Prem £ ?
Hmm ...

In some ways i agree, you should never go back, but i agree with PA if anybody can turn our situation around it's CW

I really hope he does. There's not a soul among us who is willing him to fail.

I'm just extremely wary of the whole thing. I don't think it's going to play out well. I suppose it wasn't playing out very well anyway, but in what already appears to be a cursed season, there's still plenty of time for it to get worse.

I did not like Mccabe to be honest. However, he would never got The Blades in a transfer embargo, etc. The prince should sell up and leave ASAP.
we were only in an embargo because he kept berge and ndiaye which won us promotion
mccabe would have flogged them for peanuts and we woukd now be where wednesday are

Back
Top Bottom