That team tonight

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

the only bright spot set the standard for last night with some utterly abysmal defending for the first, and then turned around and started pointing at others.
Commented before on a thread. You’re done as a player if you’re a pointer. Got promise in a slow team with a patient build up, but once he started pointing he was done for me.

Of course there’s a lack of fight.

A number don’t want to be here next season.
A large number won’t be here next season.

Ahmedhodzic will force a move, maybe Souza or Hamer as well
Archer will return to Villa
Mcatee will return to City
Most of those out of contract will be released

This leaves about 10 players who will likely be wearing red and white next year.

Why bust a gut to fight an unwinnable fight, maybe get injured in the process?

Imagine you worked in an office where redundancy was on the horizon and you knew workforce was getting cut by 50% and if you were ‘lucky’ enough to stay you’d get 50% wage reduction. You wouldn’t give a fuck.

This season is simply the chickens coming home to roost after a few years of dodgy financial footings an owner who wants out and complete lack of foresight and planning.

Season is done and has been for months.

For those we want to keep, give a deadline on signing. Those that don’t sign drop to reserves.

Fuck it, send Mcatee back, send Archer back.

Play only players who want to or will be here next term. We’ve concede 1 million goals in the last month, literally cannot get any worse.
Yep. Lowe decided he was injured and not available some months ago. Mc Burnie has been trying to be injured for some considerable time. He’s played it canny. Always try to come back, but just can’t make it back long enough. Archer has got can’t be arsedaboutititis. Brereton Diaz isn’t daft. He’s preserving his value and sucking up to Forest. Anel is just in I’ve got a few games to go until I can pull a sicky mode and leave this shower of shit. Holgate………suspect he’s too thick to try and swing the lead, just crap. Who will want to be here?

Makes me wonder why 'the management' busted a gut to get promoted, but never had any intention of making a fist of it when they got there....Might as well as stayed in the championship, built a team over say three seasons, that could complete in the top league, then try to get into the Premier League and give it a go. Not surrender from minute one and turn the club into a laughing stock.
They needed the PL money to survive

Booker4 is right though Revolution. Bad as we are, and we are absolutely awful at this level, we remain on the same points as Burnley. That's the Burnley that walked the Championship last season, and then strengthened with a £90m net spend.
Whilst I agree it's difficult to see how we might compete next year, those facts above indicate we would likely be in with a decent chance of competing for top 2 or at least top 6.
We have no idea who will be in the team next year. None at all.

Not just tonight but let's break that starting eleven down.

 Grbic. Too early to form an opinion. Looked nervous early on after he signed, looks shell shocked now and who can blame him. Comes into the Premier League and has to play behind the worst defence to ever play at this level. Would Wes be better? He wouldn't be worse.
 Bogle. One of the worst right backs we've ever had. He's slow, he can't read the game, he's soft and he doesn't try to tackle. Runs up and down on occasion but offers nothing. A liability.
Anel. thought he'd make the transition but hasn't, look at Premier League centre halves, they're big and they use that bulk. Anel's like a skinny kid getting bullied by the fast lads. So slow of mind and foot, I thought he'd be one for the future, probably wrong after this season.
Robbo. Very limited player, gives 100%, likes a tackle but strangely enough, not a leader. He sulks (see the Souza incident), doesn't get the players around him at it and looks a bit of a one man wrecking ball.
Trusty. Oh dear, I really wanted to like him. Thought he'd be decent after reading the Brum fans reviews but he's been abysmal. Centre half he's not smart or big enough, left back he's a disaster. I think we bought a lemon here.
McAtee. Not ours, plays for himself when he's in the mood and not what we need when we're struggling.
Norwood. He's done.
Souza. Sorry this doesn't fit the narrative but this lad's been the only bright spot. He cares, he tries and is one of the few with the right attitude. Looks a bit raw but single handedly trying to carry that midfield he doesn't stand a chance.
Davies. A poor Everton let him go for a reason, he's not Premier League standard. He'll run about a but without really doing much. Can't tackle, can't do much really.
Hamer. Think we were all happy to see this lad sign......he's been atrocious. Has bundles of skill but does fuck all. Runs as slow as me, doesn't show for the ball and disappears.
McBurnie. Constantly injured, coming back from an injury, carrying an injury, about to get injured again. Likes a feight but even he's got fuck all to feight about any more.

Bottom line with that lot, compared to limited teams we've had before is attitude. No real leaders in that team, no fight, no heart and losing by 5 or 6 goals doesn't hurt them enough. Wilder said in his interview that 'there's some fragile players in that dressing room' well boo fucking hoo. Winners don't get fragile, they get motivated and they don't hide, this lot hides. Winners use adversity to get stronger, this lot get weaker and on and on it goes.

This season has been a shambles, we don't have many games left and I dread to think what'll happen with this fucking mob of losers. I'd hope one or two have an ounce of pride but I don't think they do. Wouldn't be surprised to see an 8 or 9 nowt before the season's over, how bad's that?
Bogle has had some really good games. Played very well when Wilder first came back in. But now he's back to being a defensive liability who can't attack. Weird kid, just zero consistency and no obvious reason for why his performance levels fluctuate so wildly.

Overall, really great descriptions of the players characters, if a little harsh on McAtee

Bogle has had some really good games. Played very well when Wilder first came back in. But now he's back to being a defensive liability who can't attack. Weird kid, just zero consistency and no obvious reason for why his performance levels fluctuate so wildly.

Overall, really great descriptions of the players characters, if a little harsh on McAtee
Is this a joke? The description of Bogle is 100% correct. I would certainly rather have Gus Uhlenbeek or Matt Hill.

I must say I thought his form had dipped, but my god we have missed Egan this season
Partially agree. The results would have been the same, but the scores a bit better. Egan isn’t the answer at this level but he’s better than what we currently have.

Where did it say he’d never had a good game? It said “one of the worst right backs we've ever had”. Can you read?
Why are you being a giant Bellend about one differing opinion in a post praising the OP? 😂😂

I disagree that he's one of the worst right backs we've ever had and he's had some good games. But on the whole, he's been a disappointment especially with how inconsistent he is

Why are you being a giant Bellend about one differing opinion in a post praising the OP? 😂😂

I disagree that he's one of the worst right backs we've ever had and he's had some good games. But on the whole, he's been a disappointment especially with how inconsistent he is
You’re making out Bogle is hit and miss. He really isn’t. He’s made 70 odd appearances and has had maybe a handful (at best) good games. 95% of the time he’s a liability.

Infact Carlton Blade I’m not sure he’s even had good games. He’s done some decent things in games but I’m struggling to remember him being a 9/10 in any game he’s played. A complete liability

You’re making out Bogle is hit and miss. He really isn’t. He’s made 70 odd appearances and has had maybe a handful (at best) good games. 95% of the time he’s a liability.
That's a reasonable response, no idea why you were so pissed off the first time.

I think it's more than 5% good but definitely he's a poor player more than half the time. I thought that maybe his form when Wilder came back had seen him turn a corner but he's back to what appears likely to be his career level now. Low end Championship player who has 4 or 5 game spurts where you see what he maybe could have been

Infact Carlton Blade I’m not sure he’s even had good games. He’s done some decent things in games but I’m struggling to remember him being a 9/10 in any game he’s played. A complete liability
Fair enough. I agree he's not a good player, I just disagree that he's been as bad as that as many times as you do

👍

Fair enough. I agree he's not a good player, I jyst disagree that he's been as bad as that as many times as you do

👍
Fair. It’s a funny one with him because he does look decent going forward and has always had a knack for a goal. I wonder whether he could have been converted into a midfielder like TAA and we might have seen more from him but he just can’t defend. I like my full backs to be a steady 7/10 and do the basics.

Fair. It’s a funny one with him because he does look decent going forward and has always had a knack for a goal. I wonder whether he could have been converted into a midfielder like TAA and we might have seen more from him but he just can’t defend. I like my full backs to be a steady 7/10 and do the basics.
Who knows. Club has an option to extend his deal I believe, no idea if they'll take it

Bogle has been here for 4 seasons now, and I'm still yet to see what the fuss is about.
Worryingly there are a number of players who have been here 3 or 4 years and you could say the same about each of them. We have signed some real dross.

Just when you think it can't get any worse it does.
What we have got is the culmination of poor decisions over a number of years. There are a lot of ingredients needed to produce a consistent and competitive team. There is no easy fix but there is a starting point irrespective of who owns the club.

Director of Football is required to create a long term strategy and overhaul how we do things.

Once in place then get rid of Wilder. The performances have been poor and it wouldn't surprise me if the dressing room is toxic. Wilder won't be able to turn this around. Losing lots of matches will have Wilder doubting players and players doubting Wilder. Plus his transfer dealings have been poor for a long time.

Make a move for Mark Robbins.

As well as players engineering a move,get the following out the door.
Bogle
Brewster
McBurnie
Osborn
Trusty.
Anel
Lowe
Slimane
Coullibaly
Grbic.
Wes.
Norwood.

Archer McAtee Larouci to go back to their clubs.

Just when you think it can't get any worse it does.
What we have got is the culmination of poor decisions over a number of years. There are a lot of ingredients needed to produce a consistent and competitive team. There is no easy fix but there is a starting point irrespective of who owns the club.

Director of Football is required to create a long term strategy and overhaul how we do things.

Once in place then get rid of Wilder. The performances have been poor and it wouldn't surprise me if the dressing room is toxic. Wilder won't be able to turn this around. Losing lots of matches will have Wilder doubting players and players doubting Wilder. Plus his transfer dealings have been poor for a long time.

Make a move for Mark Robbins.

As well as players engineering a move,get the following out the door.
Bogle
Brewster
McBurnie
Osborn
Trusty.
Anel
Lowe
Slimane
Coullibaly
Grbic.
Wes.
Norwood.

Archer McAtee Larouci to go back to their clubs.
Looking at that list of players above, I don’t think many would disagree with it.

I must say I thought his form had dipped, but my god we have missed Egan this season
Did you watch Egan before he got injured? Egan and Ahmedhodzic were atrocious and our worst players before be got injured, constantly failing to mark players and letting people run past them. Nearly every goal we conceded in the first 6 games were down to errors made by both of them. I got so much grief on here for calling out Egan as a liability and crap, as it was easier to have a pop at Larouci and Robinson as Egan was good in the past.

Egan was awful before he got injured. Another busted flush who is too inconsistent. He's the Norwood of our defence. Can't run and it's too easy for players to run past him unopposed with over the top balls. Like Norwood, when he plays well we play well. When he plays bad our defence falls apart. He's massively over rated by our fans due to sentimentality. And that's part of our problem, our fans are too sentimental and hang onto the past too much instead of going with what is in front of them. Some of our fans wanted Sharp back for this season!

The likes of Egan, Norwood, Fleck, Stevens, McBurnie etc should've been replaced long ago but sentimentality by the club and manager meant that we clung onto them partly through desperation and have paid them hundreds of thousands of pounds a year to decline in ability and standards and now we're in a complete and utter mess.

Egan is another who can walk for free in the summer for me.

Where did it say he’d never had a good game? It said “one of the worst right backs we've ever had”. Can you read?
Daryl Westlake?

When we signed Bogle, he was a very good Championship right back. He still is and he showed it last season.

Did you watch Egan before he got injured? Egan and Ahmedhodzic were atrocious and our worst players before be got injured, constantly failing to mark players and letting people run past them. Nearly every goal we conceded in the first 6 games were down to errors made by both of them. I got so much grief on here for calling out Egan as a liability and crap, as it was easier to have a pop at Larouci and Robinson as Egan was good in the past.

Egan was awful before he got injured. Another busted flush who is too inconsistent. He's the Norwood of our defence. Can't run and it's too easy for players to run past him unopposed with over the top balls. Like Norwood, when he plays well we play well. When he plays bad our defence falls apart. He's massively over rated by our fans due to sentimentality. And that's part of our problem, our fans are too sentimental and hang onto the past too much instead of going with what is in front of them. Some of our fans wanted Sharp back for this season!

The likes of Egan, Norwood, Fleck, Stevens, McBurnie etc should've been replaced long ago but sentimentality by the club and manager meant that we clung onto them partly through desperation and have paid them hundreds of thousands of pounds a year to decline in ability and standards and now we're in a complete and utter mess.

I would expect the fact I said Egan's form had dipped would suggest I was aware, still doesn't change my opinion though that our defence wouldn't be this poor with him in it

Players downed tools along time ago. Owner doesn't give a shit anymore so why should the players ?

Makes you wonder what has actually been said or gone off behind the scenes ?
Very similar to the situation at man utd ( all be it on a vastly different scale and expectation level ). Distant , disconnected, disinterested foreign owners allow this attitude to seep down through every level of the club to the point where nobody really cares as long as you pick your wages up . Like Ten Haag , the players appear to openly disrespect this manager and Hecky by not applying what they've presumably worked on in training when they get out on the pitch and just do what they want . Dont underestimate the effect losing actual self managing leaders like Sharp and Bash from the dressing room has had on standards . Another worry is that exposing the young lads like osula and Arblaster to this wankers culture could be detrimental .

Nail on head

Nail on head
100% this, I got pelters for saying this last summer, they should of all been let go then.
Not just hanging on to them just because they’ve been good in the past. Where was the sentiment for Billy? If you were hanging on to anyone for that reason he’d be at top of the list.

Yet there are still people saying McBurnie and Norwood etc “could do a job” next season🤦‍♂️
This is the perfect opportunity to have a clear out.

100% this, I got pelters for saying this last summer, they should of all been let go then.
Not just hanging on to them just because they’ve been good in the past. Where was the sentiment for Billy? If you were hanging on to anyone for that reason he’d be at top of the list.

Yet there are still people saying McBurnie and Norwood etc “could do a job” next season🤦‍♂️
This is the perfect opportunity to have a clear out.
McBurnie had his best season for us last season but didn't even finish in the top ten goalscorers in the Championship. Why some of our fans laud a £17mil striker who is unreliable, a liability when it comes to discipline, injury prone, a poor goalscorer, useless at holding up the ball and has been nothing more than an utter waste of money for five seasons I will never know.

The big let down for me with Egan, before he got injured, was just how poor he’d been doing the basic centre half’s job of anticipating the ball coming into the box at height and powering into the headed clearance. He was nowhere to be seen.

Back
Top Bottom