Norwood

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can we offer them out as a transfer window buy one, get one free special?

Fleck and Norwood both need to do one. Washed up has been wastes of time. Absolute garbage footballers. They might have been good in the past but they're beyond crap now. Both can rot in footballing hell as far as I'm concerned.

It's time to drop them, start Freeman and the kids if needs be. I was disheartened as soon as I saw the midfield today. Slav's starting line ups are starting to piss me off more than the poor performances and poor results. As soon as I saw his selection today I knew we wouldn't win.

Fleck Norwood please if you care about the Blades and you say you do. Then Monday morning go and see Slav and rip up your contracts.

Fleck and Norwood are the two most negative players .The opposition has an easy ride with our slow ,sideways, backwards midfield. They know Berge is the only midfielder that can drive forward so get at him as soon as the ball goes near him.
Norwood and Fleck only lead the team in trying to out point one another.

This is reappearing again thought Norwood had turned the corner and until recently I had labelled him as the best midfielder in the division what’s fucking happened

Dressing room lost faith in the manager, they certainly don't look like putting in any effort to keep him.

Defended Norwood and Berge, said Many a time when there gone will only show how much we will miss them, I’ll take that back a-midfield of fleck , Berge an Norwood ain’t firing us to the premier league.

we’ve been saying for a couple of seasons that if you suffocate Norwood you suffocate the team and the performance. It ain’t half fucking true. All teams need to do (and they do now) is stop Norwood dictating the pace of the game and that doesn’t just mean man marking him, it means man marking the wingbacks so Norwood can’t start the movement forwards and ignite our attacking play which he was doing pre-world cup. We don’t have the pace of ability to move up the thirds through the centre. So we end up chipping it down the flanks or into McBurnie and we lose it. We have the tactics of a relegation threatened side.

Dressing room lost faith in the manager, they certainly don't look like putting in any effort to keep him.
good point was thinking the same i think hes lost the dressing room these players are not busting a gut for the guy we lost to a bang average team today who are in a false position anyway and wont finish top 6 playing 5 at the back and 2 holding midfielders at home is an insult to this club and the fans

This is reappearing again thought Norwood had turned the corner and until recently I had labelled him as the best midfielder in the division what’s fucking happened

Norwood's had a good season overall. But we need to understand the dynamics of football. Things change and evolve all the time. Injuries, player relations, individual form, opposition tactics, everything changes and you can't rest, thinking you've got one formula that will keep on working.

After Doyle's wondergame vs Tottenham, maybe we really missed a trick, by not keeping him in the team? Things seemed to finally click for him, after struggling to make an impact as a LCM.

In Warnock's promotion season, Michael Tonge had to be patient and wait for his chance. When he finally got into the team he played really well and contributed heavily to us securing promotion. It had worked so well with Jags and Monty in central midfield, but eventually we found that Tonge had a role to play as a starter. The same season we tried to find improvements on Shipperley, but in the end we realised we were at our best when Shipperley was our main target man.

I think the lesson is to keep assessing objectively, look for improvements, and acknowledging the fact that dynamics in football change all the time.

Norwood's had a good season overall. But we need to understand the dynamics of football. Things change and evolve all the time. Injuries, player relations, individual form, opposition tactics, everything changes and you can't rest, thinking you've got one formula that will keep on working.

After Doyle's wondergame vs Tottenham, maybe we really missed a trick, by not keeping him in the team? Things seemed to finally click for him, after struggling to make an impact as a LCM.

In Warnock's promotion season, Michael Tonge had to be patient and wait for his chance. When he finally got into the team he played really well and contributed heavily to us securing promotion. It had worked so well with Jags and Monty in central midfield, but eventually we found that Tonge had a role to play as a starter. The same season we tried to find improvements on Shipperley, but in the end we realised we were at our best when Shipperley was our main target man.

I think the lesson is to keep assessing objectively, look for improvements, and acknowledging the fact that dynamics in football change all the time.
His body language isn’t right he needs energy around him Fleck doesn’t provide this.
I think there is a problem with his relationship with the management this needs addressing sooner than later

We have to expect Baldock and Osborn to start against Sunderland. Doyle to replace Norwood but with Berge and Ndiaye alongside.
Use McBurnie and Jebbinson for an attacking threat and more options for midfield outlets.
When is RND back? Can’t expect too many minutes until he is match fit again!

Norwood gets too much influence with free kicks and corners. It doesn’t work well often enough. Bench him. I don’t think we can trust Fleck, even as a sub.

PH does not like using loan players who might not be here next season! Is he picking Norwood and Fleck so they can get new contracts next season? If so, it’s not working and they are doing him, and themselves a disservice.

Picking the midfield that bested Spurs is a fallacy. That team was well relaxed because they were on a hiding to nothing. If they lose that game, so what?

Ndiaye is the key. Much more of a threat playing from deep, with forward options to finish his assists. It gives defenders a problem because Ndiaye can finish too, if the two forwards keep defenders busy.

Thrash Sunderland and all is forgiven. PH is running out of option and answers.

His body language isn’t right he needs energy around him Fleck doesn’t provide this.
I think there is a problem with his relationship with the management this needs addressing sooner than later
That’s interesting. I felt he didn’t look super happy with Hecky when he was subbed. I suppose no one should come off looking happy at 1-0 down at home, though.

Attachments

• IMG_9124.MOV
    14.5 MB
That’s interesting. I felt he didn’t look super happy with Hecky when he was subbed. I suppose no one should come off looking happy at 1-0 down at home, though.
I was watching from Belgium yesterday and saw the camera pick him up after he crossed it into the kop.
He turned round to someone, I assumed was a fan, and clearly told them to 'fuck off'

I was watching from Belgium yesterday and saw the camera pick him up after he crossed it into the kop.
He turned round to someone, I assumed was a fan, and clearly told them to 'fuck off'
Good on him. There are plenty of our fans I would also happily tell to fuck off.

OK, I've sobered up now.

He's fucking tosswank.

And occupies too important a role for what he's capable of.

Fuck him off.

In vino veritas it would seem.

I’d love to ignore this, but it always worries me that some idiotic fan reads comments like these and, feeling like his dumbshit football knowledge is validated, starts mouthing off at our own players at games, as has happened countless times with Norwood.

To be clear, I’m not calling your opinions dumb or anything. If you’d said, “I’d really like to see us try Doyle instead of Norwood. The last few weeks hasn’t really gone well for Norwood”, I’d probably agree with you. Just in the context of us having some dumbfuck fans who think it’s OK to hurl abuse at our own players at games, I worry that stuff like “tosswank” and “fuck him off” is unhelpful.

I’d love to ignore this, but it always worries me that some idiotic fan reads comments like these and, feeling like his dumbshit football knowledge is validated, starts mouthing off at our own players at games, as has happened countless times with Norwood.

To be clear, I’m not calling your opinions dumb or anything. If you’d said, “I’d really like to see us try Doyle instead of Norwood. The last few weeks hasn’t really gone well for Norwood”, I’d probably agree with you. Just in the context of us having some dumbfuck fans who think it’s OK to hurl abuse at our own players at games, I worry that stuff like “tosswank” and “fuck him off” is unhelpful.
To be fair to Woolford, I suspect his comments are intended to be ironic. But if they persuade Heckingbottom to start with a midfield that excludes Norwood (who has been tosswank in recent games and needs to be fucked off) and includes Doyle and McAtee, I approve.

Back
Top Bottom