Norwood

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
I have to admit I was wrong about Norwood. Felt he should be kept on in the summer and could do a job as a squad player. I can at least admit I was wrong. Shockingly bad at this level and should be bombed out of the squad and sent on loan at the first opportunity. No wonder Brighton and Fulham bombed him out on promotion. We should have done the same years ago.

Norwood should only have been a squad player this season and been around to help the others and provide experience and guidance. Every (except those that mattered) could see he wasn't up to being a regular PL starter now by a country mile. There was a massive clue last season for PH to see this when he dropped Norwood and brought in Doyle and we had the two City lads in their which got us over the line. Problem is he didn't learn. When we have Norwood, Fleck and do in our midfield, can we expect anything other than being constantly overrun?

Norwood should have been doing the Fleck role this season (squad filler and experience) and Fleck shouldn't be anywhere near this squad (and should be released in January so that it frees up a squad place in our 25). The alarm bells for me were property ringing when JF for his new one year deal in the summer as I thought then that PH wasn't seeing the feckin obvious...

Norwood should only have been a squad player this season and been around to help the others and provide experience and guidance. Every (except those that mattered) could see he wasn't up to being a regular PL starter now by a country mile. There was a massive clue last season for PH to see this when he dropped Norwood and brought in Doyle and we had the two City lads in their which got us over the line. Problem is he didn't learn. When we have Norwood, Fleck and do in our midfield, can we expect anything other than being constantly overrun?

Norwood should have been doing the Fleck role this season (squad filler and experience) and Fleck shouldn't be anywhere near this squad (and should be released in January so that it frees up a squad place in our 25). The alarm bells for me were property ringing when JF for his new one year deal in the summer as I thought then that PH wasn't seeing the feckin obvious...
We're an infinitely worse team without Doyle, Berge and Ndiaye who haven't been properly replaced. All three offered a goal threat, creativity and an eye for an incisive pass - all of which we lack other than the odd flash from Hamer once in a while.

Flabbergasted at why we gave Fleck a new deal and even more so at the fact he started against Bournemouth. Being hooked at half time tells its own story. I can live with him being brought on to gap plug for a few minutes but realistically, he should only be getting wheeled out for cup ties and cameos.

Both Norwood and Fleck have served us well but there needs to be a time to let go and move on without them, likewise with a fair few others whose time is up.

His complete lack of awareness for Liverpools second goal was amateur at best. He was stood in the middle of nowhere doing nothing and had no idea there were players in acres of space just behind him

Was our best player today and really drove us forward.

When we have the ball and dominate possession he is our most important player.

He was merely OK against league two opposition.

There in no doubt he has a footballing brain... he is after all an experienced player. But in order for him to be effective, the ball has to be played at a pace in which he can dictate play and play his own style of play!

He will no longer get this in either of the top two footballing leagues.

He was pretty woeful today… what worried me most was that he looked like an accident waiting to happen against a mid league 2 team! Doesn’t bode well I’m afraid. He’s been a great servant and he deserves all the admiration he receives… but his playing days are numbered in the red and white!

I thought he was our worst player!
I've staunchly defended him previously but he was poor today as he has been mostly this season. The manager has a decision to make over him. If he goes he goes with my thanks. He's been brilliant for us in the main.

Shows how people see different things.

In his defence today he was always looking for the ball like he always does. The problem was that when he got it he was wasteful at times and he needs too long to think about what he’s doing. He got caught a few times on the ball, once in our box and they nearly scored after it.

If he’s a PL player against midtable League 2 he should be absolutely bossing that game. Physically we know his constraints and they were apparent today when he got ahead of the ball on the odd occasion.

He got an assist for the 3rd and as shit as it was, at least he was looking to thread McAtee through and he attempted it.

5/10 performance for me.

Hamer was 5/10 as well though so it’s not just Norwood I’m going in on.

I love Norwood and what he’s done for the club but we shouldn’t be playing him as a starter anymore unless desperate.

In his defence today he was always looking for the ball like he always does. The problem was that when he got it he was wasteful at times and he needs too long to think about what he’s doing. He got caught a few times on the ball, once in our box and they nearly scored after it.

If he’s a PL player against midtable League 2 he should be absolutely bossing that game. Physically we know his constraints and they were apparent today when he got ahead of the ball on the odd occasion.

He got an assist for the 3rd and as shit as it was, at least he was looking to thread McAtee through and he attempted it.

5/10 performance for me.

I love Norwood and what he’s done for the club but we shouldn’t be playing him as a starter anymore unless desperate.
I thought Hamer was better today and I've been fairly critical if him. Involved in a lot of our good stuff first half.

5/10 performance for me.

14 players missing so yes we were desperate

Norwood was bobbar today most of the time he received the ball his first thought was to pass back slowing our attacks down, can't we just palm him off on Doncaster or maybe Grimsby? He's 💩💩💩💩💩

His A-B playing highlights more and more and it is a making us weaker.. After receiving ball he just A: passes it backwards and that is something that slows us down, kills the buildup game and gets us i trouble when opponents follow to pressure our defence | B: Plays diagonal cross to either (usually right) wing to lone player without much support (lack of build up).

He might have his hearth and head in place and he has served the club through fire and ice, but I think he doesn't offer what we desperately need in midfield. If Norwood is ideal answer, I really don't kniw what is the question.

GLTTL

His A-B playing highlights more and more and it is a making us weaker.. After receiving ball he just A: passes it backwards and that is something that slows us down, kills the buildup game and gets us i trouble when opponents follow to pressure our defence | B: Plays diagonal cross to either (usually right) wing to lone player without much support (lack of build up).

He might have his hearth and head in place and he has served the club through fire and ice, but I think he doesn't offer what we desperately need in midfield. If Norwood is ideal answer, I really don't kniw what is the question.

GLTTL
It's low risk never takes the ball on the turn or half turn never gives and goes never plays a through ball
It's all very low risk and safe which Is a characteristic of this team

Thought he was really poor today and almost hiding at times. Unfortunately we’ve seen the best of him and he should only be used if he’s the only option other than John Fleck. Been a great servant for us but everything comes to an end sadly.

I really dislike when a defender passes him the ball and he passes back to him usually quickly putting the defender under more pressure than he was, most of our defenders shouldn’t be put in that position as they struggle, then mistakes happen when we get pressed, Souza receives the ball and turns, we go forward.

Back
Top Bottom