Darblade/Ainsley Harriott RIP

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Didn’t really know don’t post on forums much like used to. I’ve just sent his brother a DM on X/Twitter well I hope it’s his brother.

Reactions: Dkc

Rest in peace Matt.
Condolences to all his family and friends.
Judging by the comments he was an even better man than he was poster on here.
Another cheering the Blades on from up above 😢

I wanted to write about his voice which, for anyone who knew him personally or met him, was absolutely unique and unmistakably his. Whether he was on a rant in the boozer or asking whether the Kop bar was open after 30 minutes, you could hear it was Matt from a mile away.
I know exactly what you mean by his voice 🤣 Proper Yorkshire and common bugger, you knew when Matt was here.

Hi Mark

You've probably seen the funeral details now posted on here. Bulmer and me will be there. Hope you can make it up from Derby ...
Hi gambling.
Yea 100% I will make it up from the south side of derby .
Spoke to work today and booked half a day off . We had so many good times with dar/ matt I havd to show my appreciation and love for the lad he was a good un.
Shouldn't really do this but my number is 07387073393 so let me know owt changes. I work all hours at monrnt and doing very well
Utb

Like many on here, I didn't know him personally either, but it's always sad when we lose one of our tribe.

The fact the tributes to him have run to 11 pages speaks volumes. Some of our new signings don't get that many.

From the comments on here he sounds like the sort of bloke I ought to have known. A loving father and husband, liked a pint, loved a laugh, loved Utd and hated Wednesday - what's not to like about that?

RIP Ainsley, you will be missed.

I'll make sure it reaches some blades who are well followed online .. 👍👍

I'd very much like to do this. I'll be extremely emotional myself at the match.

Do we know this is definitely in the families wishes?
I’d like to thank every single Blade on here for your kind words and stories.
I was aware that my brother was a member on here but was unaware at how many people he interacted with.
I was with him at his final United game vs West Brom, happy that he got to see us promoted back to the Premier League.
I haven’t been since myself but I will be in attendance at the Bournemouth match.

A minutes applause on the 37th minute would an amazing tribute to him if we could get the word round 🙏🏻

I have shared on social media.
I will also talk about this on the match preview video.

Please, if anyone doesn't want this, let me know and I will remove.

Matt was a good friend and I really wish I was spending the Bournemouth game with him.

Bless ya mate.🙏

Just shows we rarely know what others are dealing with.
Always enjoyed his regular and well considered contributions.
Taken at no age at all and will be sadly missed.
My heart goes out to his family and those closest to him.
Rest in Peace fellow Blade.❤

Are there any notable Bournemouth forums/Twitter feeds this can be shared on?

Just come across this pm we had.

As the song goes..."he hates Wednesday"
Just seen on FB about the minutes applause on 37 as a mark against his age - what the actual fuck

Didnt know the lad, had a few banters on here with him, mainly agreeing, but respectfully back an forth if not

Seeing someone you know, if only through a forum is sad, but you kinda hope theyve had a good innings, seem mores up than downs and have seen their kids/grankids grow up

Been dealt that hand, and a Blade as well, poor sod!

Maybe halfway through the minutes applause we break out into 'hate Wednesday & hate Wednesday', probably not the most politically correct thing to do, but reckon he'd be looking down with a appreciating nod - rest easy fella😥

Like many on here i had no idea that Darblade was Ainsley Harriott on here and like everyone else i was shocked and saddened to hear he has passed away .

I knew Darblade from the time loads of us spent together on Bladesmad many moons ago . To say he was a prolific poster on there would be an understatement but he was a cracking contributor on there and one of the main reasons Bladesmad at that time was a great place to be .

I had the pleasure of meeting ' Dar ' a couple of times over the years and like many who also met him found him to be a cracking lad and a Blade through and through . But it was an early meeting with him that told me all i needed to know about him . I endured a bit of a ' health wobble ' years back and found myself in The Hallamshire Hospital for a couple of weeks . Towards the end of my stay there i was absolutely bored rigid and was eating up the minutes of my time there in the common room when in walks Dar completely out of the blue . He sat himself at the side of me with his trademark big grin on his face and spent a couple of hours with me laughing and joking and putting a big grin on my face ! It was only after he left that i thought about what id just witnessed . He didnt have to come to see me and i still dont know how the fuck he found me and managed to get onto the Ward .... but he did ! What a guy , he'd gone out of his way to come and see someone who he only really knew on a fans forum and i couldnt thank him enough for that.

That sums Darblade up for me, a cracking guy who always put the well being of others before himself and to see his impassioned posts on the Mental Health thread confirms all that i thought about him ......a top man, loving Father and Partner and a Blade through and through .

Im glad i had the chance to meet him and i wish his family and friends my sincere condolences at this time .

I hope to be attending his funeral on the 4th but sadly this may not be possible as things are a little bit up in the air my end right now .

Hey up cool hand luke.
It's Mark, old s13 blade ex handsworth . Old blades mad poster. Heartbreaking hearing of dar/ matts passing as he was a top friend.
Great to hear from you on here and seriously hope you are OK.
Let me know your ok pal , we go back years .
i moved away from sheffield 7 years ago and im doing well for myself after a couple of wobbles but never been happier. I get married in 4 months in scotland . Im 55 now and took me years to finally settle down.
i will be up for dars funeral, i cant miss it as so much respect for him and he adored his family plus he travelled allover with me for away games.
keep in touch pal

Mark
Like many on here i had no idea that Darblade was Ainsley Harriott on here and like everyone else i was shocked and saddened to hear he has passed away .

I knew Darblade from the time loads of us spent together on Bladesmad many moons ago . To say he was a prolific poster on there would be an understatement but he was a cracking contributor on there and one of the main reasons Bladesmad at that time was a great place to be .

I had the pleasure of meeting ' Dar ' a couple of times over the years and like many who also met him found him to be a cracking lad and a Blade through and through . But it was an early meeting with him that told me all i needed to know about him . I endured a bit of a ' health wobble ' years back and found myself in The Hallamshire Hospital for a couple of weeks . Towards the end of my stay there i was absolutely bored rigid and was eating up the minutes of my time there in the common room when in walks Dar completely out of the blue . He sat himself at the side of me with his trademark big grin on his face and spent a couple of hours with me laughing and joking and putting a big grin on my face ! It was only after he left that i thought about what id just witnessed . He didnt have to come to see me and i still dont know how the fuck he found me and managed to get onto the Ward .... but he did ! What a guy , he'd gone out of his way to come and see someone who he only really knew on a fans forum and i couldnt thank him enough for that.

That sums Darblade up for me, a cracking guy who always put the well being of others before himself and to see his impassioned posts on the Mental Health thread confirms all that i thought about him ......a top man, loving Father and Partner and a Blade through and through .

Im glad i had the chance to meet him and i wish his family and friends my sincere condolences at this time .

I hope to be attending his funeral on the 4th but sadly this may not be possible as things are a little bit up in the air my end right now

This is the main one. I'll post a message myself if nobody else has a Vital account

Unfortunately I'm unable to log in to the Bournemouth forum to make a post for some reason. Is anyone else with a Vital account able to post on there?

Back
Top Bottom