Can we talk about Goalkeepers?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If Amissah can't get a game now he needs to realise he'll never play and find another club
Agree with that. His cameo at Luton last season was quite impressive and for me he deserves a chance.

Davies is a bomb scare. Foderingham has been found out at this level, as he was at Rangers. He is also small for a modern keeper and is not able to cover as much of the goal as a taller man.

A new keeper is a priority in the next window.

For me we have to upgrade this position from what we have seen lately.
Poor under pressure, poor with the ball at his feet, and now missing some routine saves (probably confidence).

He needs a break. Then see if he can recover some motivation to get back to his best…which if we are honest isn’t premier league level.

So what’s the options?
Davies- looks a clanger every time the ball comes near him, poor signing even as back up.

Problem we have is that neither of these two are improving, they are at the top of where they will get to and perhaps dropping.
So the answer is to look at Amissah.

He’s very big, and would be expected to be commanding in his 6 yd box. As a young keeper you’d expect him to be better with his feet having come through recent academy football.
Shot stopping should be good otherwise he wouldn’t have made it this far.
So the likely weaknesses would be decision making, and that comes with experience. What better learning curve than being under pressure for 70 mins most weeks, it’s steep and if he’s going to be a top keeper should thrive from such exposure.

So that’s it…Wilder should chuck the lad in and see if he sinks or swims til end of the season. Tell him the position of first team keeper is his to win if he shows bravery, willingness to learn and a strength of character to put mistakes that will be made behind him and learn quickly from them.

Then in the summer we can know if we need to invest in a keeper.
And if he can’t be arsed he still can walk away for free in the summer. Out the 3, personally we need to be rid of Davies finally however we need to sign at least 2 keepers in the summer transfer window, be easier if already on the books.

Johanson in the summer...give Schmeichel a deal to the end of the season.
What’s Kasper up to these days? He got shipped out to France didn’t he? Part of Leicester cutting the wage bill. Ultimately relegated them imo. His successor was poor. Even if everything else was the same I bet they’d have stayed up with him in net.

I’d be very very surprised if Wilder doesn’t get a new keeper in January.

That’s not my personal opinion on Wes, but my reading of how Wilder views the position. We’ve seen him address it ruthlessly twice before.
Absolutely agree with both your post and with how integral it is to have as a strong position and how wilder improved it first with Moore, then Blackman and Hendo.

For me we have to upgrade this position from what we have seen lately.
Poor under pressure, poor with the ball at his feet, and now missing some routine saves (probably confidence).

He needs a break. Then see if he can recover some motivation to get back to his best…which if we are honest isn’t premier league level.

So what’s the options?
Davies- looks a clanger every time the ball comes near him, poor signing even as back up.

Problem we have is that neither of these two are improving, they are at the top of where they will get to and perhaps dropping.
So the answer is to look at Amissah.

He’s very big, and would be expected to be commanding in his 6 yd box. As a young keeper you’d expect him to be better with his feet having come through recent academy football.
Shot stopping should be good otherwise he wouldn’t have made it this far.
So the likely weaknesses would be decision making, and that comes with experience. What better learning curve than being under pressure for 70 mins most weeks, it’s steep and if he’s going to be a top keeper should thrive from such exposure.

So that’s it…Wilder should chuck the lad in and see if he sinks or swims til end of the season. Tell him the position of first team keeper is his to win if he shows bravery, willingness to learn and a strength of character to put mistakes that will be made behind him and learn quickly from them.

Then in the summer we can know if we need to invest in a keeper.

Would definitely be interested to see more of Amissah, it's a shame we haven't played him in cups (think he has been injured though). He's really tall (same height as Trafford), only 22 and looked decent when he come on vs. Luton a while back.

What’s Kasper up to these days? He got shipped out to France didn’t he? Part of Leicester cutting the wage bill. Ultimately relegated them imo. His successor was poor. Even if everything else was the same I bet they’d have stayed up with him in net.
Currently at Anderlecht

Would definitely be interested to see more of Amissah, it's a shame we haven't played him in cups (think he has been injured though). He's really tall (same height as Trafford), only 22 and looked decent when he come on vs. Luton a while back.
Chuck him in v citeh
Never know might be the making of the lad

So...... What now for Amissah now we've brought in IG.

Anyone know his contract situation?
Maybe a plan next season to a BL2 club?

Back
Top Bottom