Darblade/Ainsley Harriott RIP

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hi all, Funeral arrangements for those who can make it are as follows;
Monday 4th December, 3pm at Grenoside North Chapel.

Family and close friends only in the Chapel to enable those closest to Matt to be seated. It will be played out over a tannoy for all others who cannot get in the Chapel.

All donations to St Lukes in lieu of flowers

Thank you everyone for your messages and stories. I know his wife has read through them all and it is greatly appreciated.
I'm off work that week, I'll be there. Where do you want us forum members to be? I've got in my mind a load of us stood together somewhere on the way in wearing Blades shirts. Obviously if the family don't want that though then we'd respect that.

I'm off work that week, I'll be there. Where do you want us forum members to be? I've got in my mind a load of us stood together somewhere on the way in wearing Blades shirts. Obviously if the family don't want that though then we'd respect that.
His wishes were that everyone was to dress normal. None of this dressing in black business and he also wanted no football shirts because he believed it was tacky. His words not mine.

Family and close friends only in the Chapel to enable those closest to Matt to be seated. It will be played out over a tannoy for all others who cannot get in the Chapel.

Thank you everyone for your messages and stories. I know his wife has read through them all and it is greatly appreciated.

There are plenty of St Lukes websites, for the sake of clarity, i'm assuming this is the correct one?

I’d like to thank every single Blade on here for your kind words and stories.
I was aware that my brother was a member on here but was unaware at how many people he interacted with.
I was with him at his final United game vs West Brom, happy that he got to see us promoted back to the Premier League.
I haven’t been since myself but I will be in attendance at the Bournemouth match.

A minutes applause on the 37th minute would an amazing tribute to him if we could get the word round 🙏🏻
Sorry for your loss, he was a good poster who was always respectful in any difference of opinion.

I wish I was at the game and would 💯 support this.

Wishing you and the rest of his family well in future.

I've been dreading this news. Been keeping an eye on the MH thread and dipping in and out with dread for when Matt stopped posting. 😞
I was in the thread myself because I lost my wife to that bastard of a disease in 2021 (at the age of 43), so I can empathise strongly with his wife (I also have two girls). I wish her (and their children) all the strength in the world for what she's going through and will go through in the coming years. I'm so sorry for their loss.

Pest in peace, Matt. You are no longer in pain. All my love to his family and friends. x

By some weird twist, his funeral is on my wife's birthday. I don't know if I can find the strength to be there because of this and as my wife's service was also at Grenoside.
My thoughts, however, will be with all who attend. God bless. x

Terrible news but we knew that at some point, it'd be coming our way. Doesn't make it any easier of course for his wife, his girls and everyone who knew him.

I met up with him donkeys years ago back in the Blades Mad days when I lived in Sheffield and had a drink with him and some of his mates in the Scholar. As someone who felt isolated at university, it was great to have someone outside that bubble who gave me the time of day who I could just send a mucky joke or a daft meme to.

He'd been dealt a shit hand with his health long before this too and he just kept ploughing on as if nothing had happened.

We're a lot worse off without him.

I’ll be donating to St Luke’s in due course in his honour and fully joining in with any minutes applause that happens for Matt.

The best tribute that I can pay him though is changing my profile photo in honour of him and his favourite player……

Heartbreaking news when I read this the other day. Like many others on here, I only "knew" him from this forum. He held some views that I disagreed with, but he always argued his case respectfully, decently and openly, and never resorted to personal abuse. Absolutely textbook "play the post, not the poster."

I swapped a couple of DM's with him earlier this year, in which I tried to express what an inspiration he was. He wanted none of it. A genuinely humble, nice person.

His sheer hatred and bile towards our neighbours, expressed eloquently and hilariously, was always a joy to read. The email campaign to the EFL was a standout moment.

A father, husband and friend taken far, far too soon by an utter cunt of a disease. The forum is a poorer place without him, but for those that knew, and loved him, the world is also a poorer place.

I hope that if there is an "afterlife" he laughed his bollocks off watching the pigs getting done so badly by Millwall.

Rest in Peace Matt/Ainsley. A true forum legend.

Not sure I can get out of work.

But I'd like to pay my respects. Even if it's stood by the Tea Rooms to see the cars arrive.

I'll say again the content and volume on this thread is testament to the bloke his was

Terrible news but we knew that at some point, it'd be coming our way. Doesn't make it any easier of course for his wife, his girls and everyone who knew him.

I met up with him donkeys years ago back in the Blades Mad days when I lived in Sheffield and had a drink with him and some of his mates in the Scholar. As someone who felt isolated at university, it was great to have someone outside that bubble who gave me the time of day who I could just send a mucky joke or a daft meme to.

He'd been dealt a shit hand with his health long before this too and he just kept ploughing on as if nothing had happened.

We're a lot worse off without him.
Great post

Matt was someone who I had disagreed with on several occasions in the General Chat section. In those moments of disagreement, while I was guilty of succumbing to the temptation of the odd snide remark, he would never lower himself to that. I always admired his basic respect for people. He could be strong willed about a subject without letting it overspill into personal bickering or abuse.

it's a cruel reminder that life is much too short to spend spewing toxic anger at each other over things that just don't matter, much less on a football forum. If there's one thing I've reflected on, it's that we can all be a bit more like Matt/Ains/Dar by being passionate about something whilst maintaining respect for those who challenge our opinion or belief.

He had a good heart, a gentlemanly demeanor and a wicked sense of humour. I'm truly sorry for his family that have lost a kind soul and I'm sure they saw upfront & personal just how incredibly brave a man he was if the bits he shared on here are anything to go on.

RIP Matt & God Bless You. I'll try and think of something 'council' to pay tribute 🕊️❤️🙂

Even if it's stood by the Tea Rooms to see the cars arrive.
Pretty much what I'll be doing I think. I did meet Matt once but only really knew him from off of here, and I certainly don't know any of his family or friends, so it wouldn't feel right for me to be be hanging around near the chapel. It'll be a case of standing in the car park whilst the car goes past I think.

Pretty much what I'll be doing I think. I did meet Matt once but only really knew him from off of here, and I certainly don't know any of his family or friends, so it wouldn't feel right for me to be be hanging around near the chapel. It'll be a case of standing in the car park whilst the car goes past I think.
That was my thoughts if I can make it....although I think I'll struggle. Used all my holidays.

"I need sometime off for a funeral boss. I never met him just slagged pigs off with him on a forum"

Matt was someone who I had disagreed with on several occasions in the General Chat section. In those moments of disagreement, while I was guilty of succumbing to the temptation of the odd snide remark, he would never lower himself to that. I always admired his basic respect for people. He could be strong willed about a subject without letting it overspill into personal bickering or abuse.

it's a cruel reminder that life is much too short to spend spewing toxic anger at each other over things that just don't matter, much less on a football forum. If there's one thing I've reflected on, it's that we can all be a bit more like Matt/Ains/Dar by being passionate about something whilst maintaining respect for those who challenge our opinion or belief.

He had a good heart, a gentlemanly demeanor and a wicked sense of humour. I'm truly sorry for his family that have lost a kind soul and I'm sure they saw upfront & personal just how incredibly brave a man he was if the bits he shared on here are anything to go on.

RIP Matt & God Bless You. I'll try and think of something 'council' to pay tribute 🕊️❤️🙂
His ability to play the post, not the poster, is something we should all try to learn from. ❤️

Just be aware that Bert isn't trying to get praise here. Not for one minute.

But this is his last message to Bert.

"I know I've said it but I really appreciate what you've given me tonight. The opportunity to see us go up. And after the horror year I've had, them lads have put a smile on my face. Thanks again."

Matt (and Jason)

A proper gentleman was Matt

Just be aware that Bert isn't trying to get praise here. Not for one minute.

But this is his last message to Bert.

"I know I've said it but I really appreciate what you've given me tonight. The opportunity to see us go up. And after the horror year I've had, them lads have put a smile on my face. Thanks again."

Matt (and Jason)

A proper gentleman was Matt
He missed a trick not mentioning you in third person 🤣

Gamblingblade
Its Mark, old handsworth blade
Please inform me when dars/matts funeral is mate .
I moved out of sheffield 7 years ago lost touch .
Hope your well yourself .
All the best
Mark
Derbyblade
Hi Mark

You've probably seen the funeral details now posted on here. Bulmer and me will be there. Hope you can make it up from Derby ...

Back
Top Bottom