Darblade/Ainsley Harriott RIP

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Greeny96

Reaction score
My beloved cousin Darblade (Admin edit: aka Ainsley Harriott), passed away last night after a long fight with cancer. I know some of you may know him from these forums, especially Blades mad, and some of you will have had the pleasure of spending time with him home and away.

Dar took me to my first proper away game (3-0 away to Crewe) and many more over the years. He was a massive blades fan, and hopefully some of you who met him will agree he was a genuinely fantastic person to be around.

His stories and jokes would bring a smile and laugh to anyone and he will be missed immensely.

Last edited by a moderator:

My beloved cousin Darblade, passed away last night after a long fight with cancer. I know some of you may know him from these forums, especially Blades mad, and some of you will have had the pleasure of spending time with him home and away.

Dar took me to my first proper away game (3-0 away to Crewe) and many more over the years. He was a massive blades fan, and hopefully some of you who met him will agree he was a genuinely fantastic person to be around.

His stories and jokes would bring a smile and laugh to anyone and he will be missed immensely.
Always sad to lose one of our family.

Condolences to you Greeny96

R.I.P Darblade

My beloved cousin Darblade, passed away last night after a long fight with cancer. I know some of you may know him from these forums, especially Blades mad, and some of you will have had the pleasure of spending time with him home and away.

Big condolences to you and your family

Sad news… thoughts with you and yours

Absolutely awful news. I’m so sorry for your loss. Never met him, but I just knew he were a top top bloke. Rest in peace.

Oh dear, Bert thinks that he was known by another name on this forum. Someone very well known.

Pretty sure Bert is correct.

I didn't always agree with him but he was a Blade and an obviously committed one, and I've always got time for one of those.

RIP and I hope those that were close, who he has left behind can and will take comfort in the esteem within which he was held.

Sad news.

Really sorry to hear this. Met your cousin a couple of times including a pre-season trip where enjoyed many a beer. Came across as a life and soul type but without any cockyness, just genuinely funny. Sorry for your family's loss and Rest In Peace Blade.

So, so sorry 😢

His posts in the mental health thread as his journey wound to this point were poignant and heartbreaking. They really touched me and Ive spent a lot of time thinking about Ains/Matt over the last few months.

Will be sorely missed on the forum, and I'm sure by anyone who knew him. Condolences to his partner and daughters.

Rest in peace mate.

Back
Top Bottom