Can we talk about Goalkeepers?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

burnleys keeper Trafford was brilliant yesterday but got nutmegged by jota in identical fashion to Wes
and wes cant take any blame for 2 freak own goals

we put up a much better fight against liverpool than Burnley did

For me we have to upgrade this position from what we have seen lately.
Poor under pressure, poor with the ball at his feet, and now missing some routine saves (probably confidence).

He needs a break. Then see if he can recover some motivation to get back to his best…which if we are honest isn’t premier league level.

So what’s the options?
Davies- looks a clanger every time the ball comes near him, poor signing even as back up.

Problem we have is that neither of these two are improving, they are at the top of where they will get to and perhaps dropping.
So the answer is to look at Amissah.

He’s very big, and would be expected to be commanding in his 6 yd box. As a young keeper you’d expect him to be better with his feet having come through recent academy football.
Shot stopping should be good otherwise he wouldn’t have made it this far.
So the likely weaknesses would be decision making, and that comes with experience. What better learning curve than being under pressure for 70 mins most weeks, it’s steep and if he’s going to be a top keeper should thrive from such exposure.

So that’s it…Wilder should chuck the lad in and see if he sinks or swims til end of the season. Tell him the position of first team keeper is his to win if he shows bravery, willingness to learn and a strength of character to put mistakes that will be made behind him and learn quickly from them.

Then in the summer we can know if we need to invest in a keeper.

For me we have to upgrade this position from what we have seen lately.
Poor under pressure, poor with the ball at his feet, and now missing some routine saves (probably confidence).

He needs a break. Then see if he can recover some motivation to get back to his best…which if we are honest isn’t premier league level.

So what’s the options?
Davies- looks a clanger every time the ball comes near him, poor signing even as back up.

Problem we have is that neither of these two are improving, they are at the top of where they will get to and perhaps dropping.
So the answer is to look at Amissah.

He’s very big, and would be expected to be commanding in his 6 yd box. As a young keeper you’d expect him to be better with his feet having come through recent academy football.
Shot stopping should be good otherwise he wouldn’t have made it this far.
So the likely weaknesses would be decision making, and that comes with experience. What better learning curve than being under pressure for 70 mins most weeks, it’s steep and if he’s going to be a top keeper should thrive from such exposure.

So that’s it…Wilder should chuck the lad in and see if he sinks or swims til end of the season. Tell him the position of first team keeper is his to win if he shows bravery, willingness to learn and a strength of character to put mistakes that will be made behind him and learn quickly from them.

Then in the summer we can know if we need to invest in a keeper.
If Amissah can't get a game now he needs to realise he'll never play and find another club

burnleys keeper Trafford was brilliant yesterday but got nutmegged by jota in identical fashion to Wes

You obviously haven't listened to wilders interview

Yes Wes is to blame, he should’ve been prepared to field shots from both teams. Maybe if we didn’t fucking shoot at him as well as the opposition he might have a chance.

Fuck me we have problems but to say Wes is high up the list is ridiculous.
To think he isn't is even more ridiculous

Burnley had chances last night, much better chances than our chances against Liverpool and second half they had Liverpool pegged back quite a bit came close a few times - but they cant defend

Fanny and funny are only one letter apart but in your case it's a fucking galaxy
You thought, funniest person on here. So witty and edgy, I bet you have to be careful not to cut yourself when you move.

You need to do some reading about football though, you seem to be a bit light on knowledge in that department.

You thought, funniest person on here. So witty and edgy, I bet you have to be careful not to cut yourself when you move.

You need to do some reading about football though, you seem to be a bit light on knowledge in that department.
I'll be careful not to read too much if it mean's you start using phrases like 'edgy '

I'll be careful not to read too much if it mean's you start using phrases like 'edgy '
Someone got you a ‘Book of great internet forum comebacks’ for Christmas didn’t they? You’ve read the first chapter so far I’m guessing, the one entitled ‘How the word Fanny is a really good comeback’.

Someone got you a ‘Book of great internet forum comebacks’ for Christmas didn’t they? You’ve read the first chapter so far I’m guessing, the one entitled ‘How the word Fanny is a really good comeback’.
It's incredible how you are getting less funny
I wouldn't have thought that possible from your starting point

Keep what coming ? I just told you I wasn't joking
For someone who boasts about reading you're not very good at it are you ?
Another humdinger from the king of humour, belly laughing at that one Frankie boy.

Call me a fanny again, that one really makes me cry with laughter.

It also seemed obvious that defenders were reluctant to pass the ball back to him. Several times fullbacks just hooked the ball into of play, when a pass to the keeper was on.
I noticed that a lot too and it just put us under needless pressure in doing so, the situation needs addressing and sharpish. I’d play Amissah who the bits I’ve seen looks a lot more confident and has more of a presence about him, do this until we get a top level keeper in.

Back
Top Bottom