Zak Brunt and Kacper Lopata

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It is possible that all bets will be off on extensions now as last night it was formally admitted that the Club is under an embargo for non payment of VAT. Not a new experience for us sadly. I would be surprised if your club would still be keen to let Kacper and Zac remain in an environment that is only going to get very toxic over the next few months. Certainly, last night the team looked totally despondent including your two. Kacper picked up an early yellow which tempered his game and for some inexplicable reason we played Zac wide on the left which didn't help him or us. But who knows, maybe it will be character forming experience for them. Bollocks, I'm so fed up this morning.
Sorry to hear that mate. I hope they stay put. They will come up against tougher environments and it will do them good in the long run. And for us to pull them out under (and exclusively because of) those circumstances would be to kick your club while its down, which I'd like to think we are above. We helped Rotherham out under similar circumstances a few years ago, albeit under a different regime. All the best.

Are the rules different the National League? Can Zak and Kacper play for another club if we want to send them on loan elsewhere?

Are the rules different the National League? Can Zak and Kacper play for another club if we want to send them on loan elsewhere?
Posted further up the thread, national registration scheme applies to Step 6 (so National League North/South). So no we couldn't.

We can always send them to Beerschot reserves to learn Dutch like we did the last two!

The more difficult there the better!

Kids learning to deal with difficult circumstances is important in life in general, but even more so for these young lads who have often been moved away from friends and family to play football under the pressure they put themselves to make it in the game.

If they can come out of this loan with positive comments from the club and fans of Southend then they will have learned a lot and be better and stronger characters in returning to Utd and hopefully pushing on.

Im particularly enthusiastic about Kacper. I can see him going far in the game.

Having listened to Lopata, he seems very well sorted young man. I’m sure he would prefer to stay there getting regular football in an environment where they have both been welcomed.
Not sure if blades are in a position to help, but I hope they can.

Having listened to Lopata, he seems very well sorted young man. I’m sure he would prefer to stay there getting regular football in an environment where they have both been welcomed.
Not sure if blades are in a position to help, but I hope they can.
Both the lads are learning fast in terms of handling themselves. Kacper has the most maturity and he is bossing the rest of the back 4 throughout the match. Some of ours reckoned that he wasn't up to his normal standards but he picked up a harsh yellow early on in the game and he certainly tempered his display to prevent him pulling a red. He's strong in the air and pretty brave in that he puts his head in where the boots are flying around. With the right partner(s) he will go far. Last night he was paired with one of our regular CBs who had a bad case of toblerone head all evening so he certainly kept Kacper busy covering for his slips. Zac is a different case, he needs good players around him for them to benefit from his quickness of mind. We have some who fit that bill, but sadly although they are quick of mind most are slow of foot. The good thing is that he is learning fast on when to release the ball early and when to shield and hold it a while. He does find it difficult to shake off determined defenders sometimes but he will battle to win a ball back.

You will not be surprised to learn that the National League rules on embargos have been examined in depth by the Shrimpers brethren and when in an embargo you are allowed to continue a loan until it's original completion date, but not allowed to extend it. Now nothing is certain in football, but unless Ron and co can cut a Time to Pay deal with HMRC before the end of December 2021, then your lads loan period will finish as scheduled then. The day just gets better and better.:(

You will not be surprised to learn that the National League rules on embargos have been examined in depth by the Shrimpers brethren and when in an embargo you are allowed to continue a loan until it's original completion date, but not allowed to extend it. Now nothing is certain in football, but unless Ron and co can cut a Time to Pay deal with HMRC before the end of December 2021, then your lads loan period will finish as scheduled then. The day just gets better and better.:(
That’s a kicker for both parties as our lads won’t be able to play any competitive football if they do come back and you obviously lose two first teamers. On the plus side for you if you can come to an agreement before the end of January then I’d imagine the lads can be sent back to you.

I think I've quoted a wrong closure date, Ron has until the end of January 22 to cut an agreement.

Both the lads are learning fast in terms of handling themselves. Kacper has the most maturity and he is bossing the rest of the back 4 throughout the match. Some of ours reckoned that he wasn't up to his normal standards but he picked up a harsh yellow early on in the game and he certainly tempered his display to prevent him pulling a red. He's strong in the air and pretty brave in that he puts his head in where the boots are flying around. With the right partner(s) he will go far. Last night he was paired with one of our regular CBs who had a bad case of toblerone head all evening so he certainly kept Kacper busy covering for his slips. Zac is a different case, he needs good players around him for them to benefit from his quickness of mind. We have some who fit that bill, but sadly although they are quick of mind most are slow of foot. The good thing is that he is learning fast on when to release the ball early and when to shield and hold it a while. He does find it difficult to shake off determined defenders sometimes but he will battle to win a ball back.

Where is Lopata playing? Is it on the left of a 4?

more than half of Belgians speak Dutch as their first language
It's funny in Brussels, where there are large amounts of French and Dutch speakers. I once watched an exchange between a waiter and a customer who refused to speak each others language despite obviously understanding it perfectly. It can also be confusing on trains when the station names abruptly change as you cross the language barrier. I actually agree with Farage (ducks for cover) when he states that Belgium is not a nation, but rather two forced into an uneasy confederation.

Unless there is some sly humour that I am missing, I assume he meant that why should they have to learn Dutch when they are going to a team in Belgium. I think.

A team in the Dutch-speaking half of Belgium? I'm not sure that's unreasonable!

*Flemish-speaking, technically, which is essentially a dialect of Dutch.

Where are you going with this one?

more than half of Belgians speak Dutch as their first language

Unless there is some sly humour that I am missing, I assume he meant that why should they have to learn Dutch when they are going to a team in Belgium. I think.

A team in the Dutch-speaking half of Belgium? I'm not sure that's unreasonable!

*Flemish-speaking, technically, which is essentially a dialect of Dutch.

Well you learn something new every day! I thought they spoke French predominantly!

Well you learn something new every day! I thought they spoke French predominantly!
I thought the same too.

Done some digging and it seems 90% of the nation speak french as a first or second language, only 75% ish dutch.

However more speak dutch as a first language.

Very quick highlights from Tuesday's game. Posting as there are a couple of instances, one in the first half and one in the second, of Zac releasing some very good balls to our forwards.

I quoted two chances for Zac in the post above. There was actually only one caught on the highlights, in the first half. He's wearing No 33.

I thought the same too.

Done some digging and it seems 90% of the nation speak french as a first or second language, only 75% ish dutch.

However more speak dutch as a first language.
My buddy who is Belgian and lives in the Flemish part reckons its 55% Dutch, 40% French and 5% German. Most think it's French due to Government docs and army from many years ago.

If it makes people feel better. I was once at a Buddhist New Year party at an International Hotel. An English Radio DJ was working the room. He stopped at one table...
Where are you from?
Brussels in Belgium
Oh great. Say something in Belgian
Bonjour Je Suis Belge
Is that Belgian then? Sounds just like French...

I speak Bar Room German. I was once on a train in Sardinia & the people sat around me were speaking German. I had a go with all the usuals. Which part of Germany are you from, etc. Turned out they were Italians, from a part of Italy that speaks German, blew me up a bit that.

From my limited knowledge of Belgian football (I.e. Old copies of World Soccer) I believe that anderlecht are the only club to attract support from all the language groups. Club Brugge were the most popular Flemish team, and Standard Liege theWalloon equivalent.

I speak Bar Room German. I was once on a train in Sardinia & the people sat around me were speaking German. I had a go with all the usuals. Which part of Germany are you from, etc. Turned out they were Italians, from a part of Italy that speaks German, blew me up a bit that.
I remember sitting on a train when I first went to France. When the internet first started I was studying in Reims, the Champagne region.

There were 2 lads and a girl casually chatting sometimes about the English, maybe a little about this English person who had got on at the same station. Nothing sinister to be fair.

After about an hour or so it was my stop so I casually asked them in French if this was the correct station to descend. It was great to see their eyes light up as they were clearly immediately wondering how much I'd understood and what they might have been saying 🤣

Not meaning to be self-indulgent but I do like things like that. The sort of thing that makes you titter inside. I knew it was my stop, I just asked because I wanted an excuse to see the look on their faces!

Back
Top Bottom