Zak Brunt and Kacper Lopata

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I see you blokes are ahead of the game on updates. Both players did themselves proud last night. Brunt never stopped running and probing and was involved in everything good in our attacks, including the killer pass for Jack Bridge to slot home our 4th goal. At the other end Lopata showed that if he can keep his consistency he will have a very good career in the game. What is worth remembering is that they are performing in the National League, which is a world apart from the Championship. However, regular appearances for us, and they are getting that, will show them how to handle mens' football. So, two games in, so far so good. I'm assuming they will not be allowed to play at Chesterfield on Saturday in the FA Cup.

I see you blokes are ahead of the game on updates. Both players did themselves proud last night. Brunt never stopped running and probing and was involved in everything good in our attacks, including the killer pass for Jack Bridge to slot home our 4th goal. At the other end Lopata showed that if he can keep his consistency he will have a very good career in the game. What is worth remembering is that they are performing in the National League, which is a world apart from the Championship. However, regular appearances for us, and they are getting that, will show them how to handle mens' football. So, two games in, so far so good. I'm assuming they will not be allowed to play at Chesterfield on Saturday in the FA Cup.

Well considering both have played in the league cup for us this year; and you in the National League, i think i read somewhere they can’t play for a third club this season. So unless we’re planning on recalling them, they might as well play?

Well considering both have played in the league cup for us this year; and you in the National League, i think i read somewhere they can’t play for a third club this season. So unless we’re planning on recalling them, they might as well play?

I thought 3 clubs in a season was the maximum under FIFA rules.

So they can't play for a 4th club, maybe?

I'm assuming they didn't play on the wing. BBC Sport is wank when it comes to teams outside the PL.

Screenshot_20211103-083647_Samsung Internet.jpg

Lopata played at centre back and Brunt played behind the front two. As you say, sometimes the BBC is a bit lacking.
They both played in the league cup earlier in the season and looked competent enough, the experience with you guys will certainly help their game. Hope they improve your squad over the next few months.

I thought 3 clubs in a season was the maximum under FIFA rules.

So they can't play for a 4th club, maybe?
I asked this before but I wondered if the fact Southend are non-league makes a difference to the registration rules. Not sure I’ve seen an answer either way but apologies if this has been confirmed

I thought it was registered with 3; but can only play for 2… no idea where non league comes into the equation though

I thought it was registered with 3; but can only play for 2… no idea where non league comes into the equation though

Googled it and you're right. There was a temporary rule change last season but I think it's reverted back to normal.

Not sure how much he’ll be doing on the training ground. Although as long as he’s not teaching them how to deal with your partner when your tea isn’t on the table at 5:30pm, it might be okay.
Overall it's good to see Collymore back involved in football. Had some serious mental health issues, so for him to be looking much happier and healthier is a good sign.

Overall it's good to see Collymore back involved in football. Had some serious mental health issues, so for him to be looking much happier and healthier is a good sign.

not condoning what he’s done in the past, but some of the shit he gets - whilst others get a free ride (Gazza) get a free ride.

also, have a friend who Collymore personally helped during a very serious bout of depression, he is very much a champion of mental health awareness.

It's a learning curve for your lads and Zac has certainly learnt a lesson today - 3 match ban, straight red. And we got beat 1-3, bollocks, that all.

I've taken the liberty of sharing this post from our board as it's from Zak's dad.

Hi all,

I’m Zak’s Dad and just wanted to say a few things. Firstly, I want to say a huge thank you for how you’ve welcomed Zak to The Club.

There’s a lot being said about today’s red card and what happened in the tunnel. So here’s what went on………

Zak challenged their player with a full blooded slide tackle, a throw was given. Their player took issue with the challenge and grabbed Zak around the neck, Zak pushed him away in the chest.

The referee has then got the red card out and after sending their player he walks to Zak. Zak asked what was my offence and the ref said he’d grabbed the Chez player around the neck, Zak insisted he hadn’t but the ref had his mind made up.

The ref has got this one completely wrong and I fully expect it to be overturned if footage is clear enough.

The tunnel situation was a complete overreaction by the 4th official. Zak and The Chez player exchanged a few words (nothing aggressive, as they’d both calmed down) The 4th official then runs and grabs them both in the belief they were about to kick off.

And that’s your lot.

I've taken the liberty of sharing this post from our board as it's from Zak's dad.

Hi all,

I’m Zak’s Dad and just wanted to say a few things. Firstly, I want to say a huge thank you for how you’ve welcomed Zak to The Club.

There’s a lot being said about today’s red card and what happened in the tunnel. So here’s what went on………

Zak challenged their player with a full blooded slide tackle, a throw was given. Their player took issue with the challenge and grabbed Zak around the neck, Zak pushed him away in the chest.

The referee has then got the red card out and after sending their player he walks to Zak. Zak asked what was my offence and the ref said he’d grabbed the Chez player around the neck, Zak insisted he hadn’t but the ref had his mind made up.

The ref has got this one completely wrong and I fully expect it to be overturned if footage is clear enough.

The tunnel situation was a complete overreaction by the 4th official. Zak and The Chez player exchanged a few words (nothing aggressive, as they’d both calmed down) The 4th official then runs and grabs them both in the belief they were about to kick off.

And that’s your lot.
Just watched it and I’m not sure it will be overturned I’m afraid. The challenge wasn’t a good one and deserved a yellow card, and although the Chesterfield player was clearly the aggressor, Brunt did also partake in the pushing and shoving.

Just watched it and I’m not sure it will be overturned I’m afraid. The challenge wasn’t a good one and deserved a yellow card, and although the Chesterfield player was clearly the aggressor, Brunt did also partake in the pushing and shoving.
I agree with you. The chances of it being overturned are low. The lad will learn from it and we will be without an influential midfielder for three games. Win win eh?

Back
Top Bottom