Zak Brunt and Kacper Lopata

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Zak challenged their player with a full blooded slide tackle

Borat - "Slide Tackle"? 😂

It was a nibble from Brunt, one that tends to happen late on when you're frustrated. If the Chesterfield lad hadn't reacted, no bookings would have been required, certainly not reds. Unfortunately in today's game, referee's rarely only show one a red when arms get raised.

Borat - "Slide Tackle"? 😂

It was a nibble from Brunt, one that tends to happen late on when you're frustrated. If the Chesterfield lad hadn't reacted, no bookings would have been required, certainly not reds. Unfortunately in today's game, referee's rarely only show one a red when arms get raised.

Red card for that.... that's a joke.

Lost 2 - 0 at home to Woking today, both played.

Obviously we hope they do well and turn the team around but reading their fans comments- they are a really poor side
Made better by your two lads playing regularly. If you have been reading our site you will realise that the arse has dropped out of our world at the moment. The team is improving, but it takes time to repair the damage that Phil Brown inflicted on the team. And after 3 years of dross mixed with relegation patience is not in abundance at the moment, and that is what is needed whilst we (Stan) sources new better players. Amidst all of this Zak and Kacper are learning how to handle heavy weight opposition kicking lumps out of them. They are doing really well, especially Kacper, he is going to be special before too much longer. Zac is not far behind him but he lacks midfield partners to protect him. That will change.

By the way, we clocked up a just under 6k crowd which is bonkers given our position, but I suspect your two are still drawing in inquisitive fans.

Made better by your two lads playing regularly. If you have been reading our site you will realise that the arse has dropped out of our world at the moment. The team is improving, but it takes time to repair the damage that Phil Brown inflicted on the team. And after 3 years of dross mixed with relegation patience is not in abundance at the moment, and that is what is needed whilst we (Stan) sources new better players. Amidst all of this Zak and Kacper are learning how to handle heavy weight opposition kicking lumps out of them. They are doing really well, especially Kacper, he is going to be special before too much longer. Zac is not far behind him but he lacks midfield partners to protect him. That will change.

By the way, we clocked up a just under 6k crowd which is bonkers given our position, but I suspect your two are still drawing in inquisitive fans.
I do wonder if these two lads continue to get game time if it’s a link with currie that might be used a bit more. Our academy staff will have no issue with the lads taking their lumps in fact jack lester has gone on record before about how he looks to expose the academy lads to adversity during their development to better prepare them for the up and down nature of the pro game. There’s some more lads who will be coming through in the next 18 months or so to keep an eye on.

In terms of size of clubs Southend, Wrexham, Notts County, Chesterfield and Stockport are comfortably bigger than Accrington, Fleetwood, Cheltenham and Morecambe who are two leagues higher.

Boys becoming men. Can we have them past January, pretty please?

yes, but please make them better players for when we become financially poor !

Our recent managerial change suggest we are going down a possible path of youth players becoming squad players from probably in the summer, but the main thing for these "men" is to get quality game time and if they are legitimately in your best 11, then it can only help you now and our club medium term if they stay and play.

Wouldn't worry too much - it seems a no brainer at the moment. We'll probably have a real go at getting a play off spot 2nd half of the season and adjust our squad in the summer.

UTB

HAPPY TOGETHER (for those that remember the Turtles, sing along)

View attachment 125501

Boys becoming men. Can we have them past January, pretty please?

View attachment 125502
Unless we suffer a bit of an injury crisis I don’t see them coming back here and getting the minutes they need and I don’t see United unsettling them just to send them a league higher so I’d say you’ve got a half decent chance. If someone in league one came in with an offer of consistent first team football then I could see united being tempted. I also think there might be a few more of our 23’s lads heading out in January and some of those already out getting loans higher up if they do well it wouldn’t surprise me if more junior blades end up linking back up with currie.

Unless we suffer a bit of an injury crisis I don’t see them coming back here and getting the minutes they need and I don’t see United unsettling them just to send them a league higher so I’d say you’ve got a half decent chance. If someone in league one came in with an offer of consistent first team football then I could see united being tempted. I also think there might be a few more of our 23’s lads heading out in January and some of those already out getting loans higher up if they do well it wouldn’t surprise me if more junior blades end up linking back up with currie.
That would be great if it turns out that way. However, I have learnt to temper my expectations with my club these days.

That would be great if it turns out that way. However, I have learnt to temper my expectations with my club these days.
I’d say your chances of having a decent link with us going forward have increased with the change in management. Our former academy head Lester has been moved up to oversee all player development academy and senior sides and he obviously has a strong relationship with currie.

They both played for us in the League Cup which is a recognised first team game. Not sure if the National League counts or not but if so, don't think we would be allowed to loan them anywhere else.

EDIT. Just checked. It applies to Steps 1 to 6 of the National League system so through to the divisions below Southend. We wouldn't be allowed to bring them back and send them elsewhere.

Last edited:
They both played for us in the League Cup which is a recognised first team game. Not sure if the National League counts or not but if so, don't think we would be allowed to loan them anywhere else.

EDIT. Just checked. It applies to Steps 1 to 6 of the National League system so through to the divisions below Southend. We wouldn't be allowed to bring them back and send them elsewhere.
That’s good news for roots hall then because unless we have an injury crisis I don’t see them back getting decent minutes here this year. A full year at Southend playing men’s football and hopefully winning games will do them the power of good.

I think you’ll keep them roots. Also we’ve just called a very promising 17 year old centremid back from a successful spell at BPA to have another look at him reevaluate and I assume send him higher. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him end up in the conference or league two the second half of the season I wonder if he’d be a good fit down there with you.

I think you’ll keep them roots. Also we’ve just called a very promising 17 year old centremid back from a successful spell at BPA to have another look at him reevaluate and I assume send him higher. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him end up in the conference or league two the second half of the season I wonder if he’d be a good fit down there with you.
I like the idea of both your current lads staying the season and maybe the lad you mentioned. Lets see what Maher and your side think about it all.

I like the idea of both your current lads staying the season and maybe the lad you mentioned. Lets see what Maher and your side think about it all.
From what I hear we are delighted with the lads progression, and how they are being looked after at Southend United.
I think they will both see the season out at Roots Hall.

From what I hear we are delighted with the lads progression, and how they are being looked after at Southend United.
I think they will both see the season out at Roots Hall.
It is possible that all bets will be off on extensions now as last night it was formally admitted that the Club is under an embargo for non payment of VAT. Not a new experience for us sadly. I would be surprised if your club would still be keen to let Kacper and Zac remain in an environment that is only going to get very toxic over the next few months. Certainly, last night the team looked totally despondent including your two. Kacper picked up an early yellow which tempered his game and for some inexplicable reason we played Zac wide on the left which didn't help him or us. But who knows, maybe it will be character forming experience for them. Bollocks, I'm so fed up this morning.

Back
Top Bottom