Zak Brunt and Kacper Lopata

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I remember sitting on a train when I first went to France. When the internet first started I was studying in Reims, the Champagne region.

There were 2 lads and a girl casually chatting sometimes about the English, maybe a little about this English person who had got on at the same station. Nothing sinister to be fair.

After about an hour or so it was my stop so I casually asked them in French if this was the correct station to descend. It was great to see their eyes light up as they were clearly immediately wondering how much I'd understood and what they might have been saying 🤣

Not meaning to be self-indulgent but I do like things like that. The sort of thing that makes you titter inside. I knew it was my stop, I just asked because I wanted an excuse to see the look on their faces!
I was once on a train in Italy sat across from a beautiful local lady. My pal began to speak about her and what he would love to do with her. I let him make a fool of himself before pointing out that the book she was reading was in English😆

I used to live in Aachen (Germany) which is in that corner near Netherlands and Belgium and I worked in a school there. Many of the staff could speak all three of the Germanic languages (Flemish and Dutch are both similar Germanic languages but not the same) and were "from" one but lived in a different one - many commuted over a border. Occasionally there were oddnesses ( e.g. they filled up on one side of the border because it was slightly cheaper) but essentially it was no biggie and everything had been levelled out. The Belgian staff all spoke fluent/native French too - these were educated people though - so don't know about the general populace.

I was once on a train in Italy sat across from a beautiful local lady. My pal began to speak about her and what he would love to do with her. I let him make a fool of himself before pointing out that the book she was reading was in English😆
There's something quite peaceful I always found, about being on a train in a foreign land, where the scenery is all new to you and you have the quiet rocking motion accompanying the view.

I've no idea where this thread is going but I like it 😂

I remember one day walking around Brugge with the wife when a woman stopped me to ask directions to somewhere, not sure which language she was speaking but it weren't English. At least the wife laughed about that one she didn't laugh the day the prostitute stopped me in Bulgaria I was expecting WW3 to break out.

I remember one day walking around Brugge with the wife when a woman stopped me to ask directions to somewhere, not sure which language she was speaking but it weren't English. At least the wife laughed about that one she didn't laugh the day the prostitute stopped me in Bulgaria I was expecting WW3 to break out.
How long did you disappear for?

I speak Bar Room German. I was once on a train in Sardinia & the people sat around me were speaking German. I had a go with all the usuals. Which part of Germany are you from, etc. Turned out they were Italians, from a part of Italy that speaks German, blew me up a bit that.
I have conversational skills in German, French and Greek.

It's great fun when waiters in particular realise that you can understand what they have been saying 🤣

It's great fun when waiters in particular realise that you can understand what they have been saying 🤣
I also had a great evening in Greece with a Polish guy who spoke no English, I speak no Polish, but we both did our best in German.

Learning other languages is one of the best skills you can have.

I remember sitting on a train when I first went to France. When the internet first started I was studying in Reims, the Champagne region.

There were 2 lads and a girl casually chatting sometimes about the English, maybe a little about this English person who had got on at the same station. Nothing sinister to be fair.

After about an hour or so it was my stop so I casually asked them in French if this was the correct station to descend. It was great to see their eyes light up as they were clearly immediately wondering how much I'd understood and what they might have been saying 🤣

Not meaning to be self-indulgent but I do like things like that. The sort of thing that makes you titter inside. I knew it was my stop, I just asked because I wanted an excuse to see the look on their faces!
And here's me having always thought you were called Champagne Blade coz that's what you drink with your tea (dinner)

I don't know if this changes the situation for Brunt and Lopata.

My buddy speaks 7 languages fluently, sometimes it's a positive then others, it's an argument

I've no idea where this thread is going but I like it 😂

Yes it's like the Orient Express route with extras.

09-Paris-to-Istanbul-v4.jpg
On which I travelled to Romania, but at the age of ten only spoke English.

Getting off at the Austrian border to board a Hungarian steam train, with the Iron curtain soldiers and Alsations was memorable.

Yes it's like the Orient Express route with extras.

09-Paris-to-Istanbul-v4.jpg
On which I travelled to Romania, but at the age of ten only spoke English.

Getting off at the Austrian border to board a Hungarian steam train, with the Iron curtain soldiers and Alsations was memorable.
There was an Orient Express exhibition here in Singapore only the other month where they had one of the carriages. It was fascinating to see the opulence of how the other half used to live.

Sounds an interesting excursion. I suppose you can take it all in and enjoy the experience when you know you've done nothing wrong! Must be quite the opposite if you're hoping to pass through unnoticed and you are hiding something!

Southend given a pasting today, losing 4-1.

Time to bring the boys back me thinks.

I also had a great evening in Greece with a Polish guy who spoke no English, I speak no Polish, but we both did our best in German.

Learning other languages is one of the best skills you can have.
I visited a bar in Vienna close to the hotel I was staying in, it was where all the posties hung out after their shift. The bar owner (Hanz) was having a rough time with his wife according to the posties, I spent the entire evening being his shoulder to cry on, I didn't understand a word he was saying but I was at the bar with him for about 3 hours! By the end of the night we we're both wankered. He gave me a bottle of absinthe for the trouble!

Bring Brunt back to do what? He's unable to go out on loan to another club.

Lopata os coming back for a scan.
I don't think loans to non-league count in the 3 club rule.

I don't think league cup counts either.

Whilst I may be wrong on one I don't think I am on both so if we wanted to loan him out again in Jan to a team higher up, then we could.

I visited a bar in Vienna close to the hotel I was staying in, it was where all the posties hung out after their shift. The bar owner (Hanz) was having a rough time with his wife according to the posties, I spent the entire evening being his shoulder to cry on, I didn't understand a word he was saying but I was at the bar with him for about 3 hours! By the end of the night we we're both wankered. He gave me a bottle of absinthe for the trouble!
In my experience nights out with posties do tend to get quite messy 😉

Hope you had a good Christmas all. Brunt had a cracker of a game yesterday at Bromley, and for those that give a monkeys, we have agreed time to pay with HMRC, just need to get the National League to lift the embargo now. I'm not sure whether we have your lads until the end of December or January 22 but if we are out embargo any time soon I expect we will knocking at y0ur door asking to extend until the season's end.

Hope you had a good Christmas all. Brunt had a cracker of a game yesterday at Bromley, and for those that give a monkeys, we have agreed time to pay with HMRC, just need to get the National League to lift the embargo now. I'm not sure whether we have your lads until the end of December or January 22 but if we are out embargo any time soon I expect we will knocking at y0ur door asking to extend until the season's end.
From an unbiased point of view, do you think they should stay at Southend or move on loan higher up the pyramid

Back
Top Bottom