Zak Brunt and Kacper Lopata

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Evening Northern chaps, hope you're all well and thriving. Since I last ventured onto this board we have sussed Phil Brown this time round, attracted Stan Collymore's interest and nicked Darren Curry from you chaps, and finally our Chairman is being stood up by HMRC for fraudulently evading £5m VAT from them. Oh, and we are now languishing in the bottom 3 of the National League, FFS!

Anyway, enough of me whinging. The two lads in the title, Zak Brunt and Kacper Lopata, are joining us on loan and I'm looking for a bit of insight into whether they can help our cause as we are desperate for a central defender and a midfielder. Any dribbles of comfort on their abilities will be gratefully accepted so that I can share it with the rest of the great unwashed at Roots Hall.

Cheers Blades,

RHB x
They'll both rip up that division mate.

Personally I think they should be going to League 1.

I might be wrong but I suspect you’ll only have them until January when I reckon they’ll be on loan at a higher level. On a different note I only noticed your plight a couple of weeks ago and have to say I was shocked how far you’d fallen. Can I wish you all the best for the future mate with a bit of stability

I might be wrong but I suspect you’ll only have them until January when I reckon they’ll be on loan at a higher level. On a different note I only noticed your plight a couple of weeks ago and have to say I was shocked how far you’d fallen. Can I wish you all the best for the future mate with a bit of stability
Cheers Buddy. We have certainly been on a bit of a rollercoaster for the last 3/4 years and for now we are on the down slope, but tomorrow is another day, so they say. If your lads perform as you predict I would imagine that we would be keen to extend to the end of the season. Yeah, I get that it would probably be foxtrot oscar, but you have to ask. I treat this loan as recompense for us letting you have Leonard. ;)

Lopata is a ridiculous signing for a team at the wrong end of the NL. I'd have been happy to see him turning out for us recently!

I do have a soft spot for Brunt as well. Think there's a fantastic footballer in there. As said his old man, Borat, posts on here and has explained they're trying to improve his all round game by playing him in those deeper roles. I still suspect he'll play further forward as he develops but he's another talented lad.

Cheers Buddy. We have certainly been on a bit of a rollercoaster for the last 3/4 years and for now we are on the down slope, but tomorrow is another day, so they say. If your lads perform as you predict I would imagine that we would be keen to extend to the end of the season. Yeah, I get that it would probably be foxtrot oscar, but you have to ask. I treat this loan as recompense for us letting you have Leonard. ;)
Haha I wouldn’t use the Leonard argument too much mate 🤣

I might be wrong but I don't think that's allowed as players can only play for 2 teams in a season for competitive matches under FIFA rules?

It's why when Woodburn went back to Liverpool in January 2018 he couldn't go out anywhere else and had to stay with their reserves.

So it's either Southend or us for them this season as I understand it.

I might be wrong but I don't think that's allowed as players can only play for 2 teams in a season for competitive matches under FIFA rules?

It's why when Woodburn went back to Liverpool in January 2018 he couldn't go out anywhere else and had to stay with their reserves.

Didn’t know if the fact they are non-league changed that

Can't speak for Zac, but Kacper is a right move for you. Reminds me of the unfortunate (knees) Terry Kennedy, looks to bring the ball out from defence. I'm surprised we aren't using him ourselves.
I'm a bit pissed off with this as he could have played in upcoming cup games for us!
Make the most of it because I can't see anything permanent in it for you.
Do you meant those cup games in January after the loan has finished?

No I mean the ones in November and December. And the loan says January, it doesn't say when in January, The 3rd round is Jan 8th.
You think we will still be there for the 4th round?

No I mean the ones in November and December. And the loan says January, it doesn't say when in January, The 3rd round is Jan 8th.
You think we will still be there for the 4th round?
November and December is the first and second rounds. You need to be a lower division club, like Sheffield Wednesday, to take part that early on. We don't join until 3rd Round which as you say is January 8th and the loans have finished then.

November and December is the first and second rounds. You need to be a lower division club, like Sheffield Wednesday, to take part that early on. We don't join until 3rd Round which as you say is January 8th and the loans have finished then.
I thought it opened to The Championship at the first round after all the qualifying, my mistake. Where have you seen an end date for the loans? I have only seen "January" quoted.

They'll both rip up that division mate.

Personally I think they should be going to League 1.
Zak looked good in glimpses during the cup games.

This is definitely the move he needs to gain regular first team football & to work on his game management, but you're completely right both should do really well.

Zak looked good in glimpses during the cup games.

This is definitely the move he needs to gain regular first team football & to work on his game management, but you're completely right both should do really well.

Can only play for two but can be registered for three. These two have played for us in the cup so can't play for anyone else this season, any other loan players who haven't played for the United senior team but have been registered (I'm not sure that affects any of our players as u21s aren't usually registered) can go on loan to a second club in Jan if they come back.

So Blades of all ages, because you have provided so much informed feedback the chums that are ShrimperZone are now salivating in anticipation that these two are indeed the dogs bollocks. Please let it be so, and let us not over expect from the moment they kick a ball in anger. Thanks again for the feedback, I'll return with news as and when.

So Blades of all ages, because you have provided so much informed feedback the chums that are ShrimperZone are now salivating in anticipation that these two are indeed the dogs bollocks. Please let it be so, and let us not over expect from the moment they kick a ball in anger. Thanks again for the feedback, I'll return with news as and when.

Keep us informed pal, the occasional update, game review, summary, etc.

Our Academy teams are pretty good, so if this works out, we could potentially send more your way.

Can we have this pair permanently please? The team went down 0-1 after we had Agogo sent off, but Brunt, especially, absolutely excelled until he was subbed late in the second half. Lopata was dominant in the air and a big talker on the pitch, something we have been badly missing. On to Tuesday and Dover at the Hall. Second red card was for our new first team coach for not being nice to the forth official.

Can we have this pair permanently please? The team went down 0-1 after we had Agogo sent off, but Brunt, especially, absolutely excelled until he was subbed late in the second half. Lopata was dominant in the air and a big talker on the pitch, something we have been badly missing. On to Tuesday and Dover at the Hall. Second red card was for our new first team coach for not being nice to the forth official.

Can we have Lopata back please?, we need some strength and muscle in defence, seriously.........

I’m afraid not roots but if they keep getting playing time and with the currie link as others have said I wouldn’t be surprised if a couple more don’t make their way down to you guys.

Extract of Match comment from Stan Collymore.

Positives. Kacper, head on a stick. Excellent debut. Zac neat and tidy, will need minutes and needs to get to grips of the physicality of the league. Positive debuts from both though.

To show how insane the supporters are, the gate was 1500 of which 800+ were Shrimpers. RHB

Back
Top Bottom