Zak Brunt and Kacper Lopata

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Evening Northern chaps, hope you're all well and thriving. Since I last ventured onto this board we have sussed Phil Brown this time round, attracted Stan Collymore's interest and nicked Darren Curry from you chaps, and finally our Chairman is being stood up by HMRC for fraudulently evading £5m VAT from them. Oh, and we are now languishing in the bottom 3 of the National League, FFS!

Anyway, enough of me whinging. The two lads in the title, Zak Brunt and Kacper Lopata, are joining us on loan and I'm looking for a bit of insight into whether they can help our cause as we are desperate for a central defender and a midfielder. Any dribbles of comfort on their abilities will be gratefully accepted so that I can share it with the rest of the great unwashed at Roots Hall.

Cheers Blades,

RHB x

Hi mate, hope all is well (apart from the team obviously).

Really like the look of Lopata. He's a very classy young centre back that does the basics well and can read the game really well for his age. I'd be very disappointed if he doesn't have future with us at the Lane. He's played in some of our cup games this season and adjusted comfortably. The only surprise for me is that he's not going on loan to a league one club or, at a push, a league two club. You've done very well there in my opinion.
Brunt is a bit more of a mystery. He's definitely got ability on the ball and plays as a box to box playmaker. He has a goal and an assist in him. It's more the other side of the game he needs to develop. Joining the rough and tumble will help him as you simply can't get this in the U23s.

Great interview with Lopata here:

Ive seen bith play once against Derby reserves in the league cup.

Lopata did no worsevthan any other centre back ive seen for us this year.

Brunt was played out of position i think but did ok. Kepp recycling the ball but nothing spectacular and i think he lost his man for their goal.

Good to seecthey are both off to play some man's football and i hope they develop quickly and help you guys out.

Evening Northern chaps, hope you're all well and thriving. Since I last ventured onto this board we have sussed Phil Brown this time round, attracted Stan Collymore's interest and nicked Darren Curry from you chaps, and finally our Chairman is being stood up by HMRC for fraudulently evading £5m VAT from them. Oh, and we are now languishing in the bottom 3 of the National League, FFS!

Anyway, enough of me whinging. The two lads in the title, Zak Brunt and Kacper Lopata, are joining us on loan and I'm looking for a bit of insight into whether they can help our cause as we are desperate for a central defender and a midfielder. Any dribbles of comfort on their abilities will be gratefully accepted so that I can share it with the rest of the great unwashed at Roots Hall.

Cheers Blades,

RHB x
Lopata a real unit for defending and attacking at corners.. Hopefully ur boys will benefit and the blades in the future..

I'm in no position to talk with much authority but imho Lopata has more potential to make it at a higher level.

He's certainly impressed me more than Zak but obviously I hope they both go on to have good careers.

Should be good experience for both.

Cheers Blades,

RHB x
Can't speak for Zac, but Kacper is a right move for you. Reminds me of the unfortunate (knees) Terry Kennedy, looks to bring the ball out from defence. I'm surprised we aren't using him ourselves.
I'm a bit pissed off with this as he could have played in upcoming cup games for us!
Make the most of it because I can't see anything permanent in it for you.

Cheers Blades,

RHB x
Brunt is neat and tidy with decent passing range operates well in the half spaces linking with the advanced fullback when attacking but has to work on the defensive side of his game and hasn’t shown that X factor yet to really distinguish himself as a player who’ll make it at a high level but as I say he’s neat and tidy and I think he’ll have a pro career at what level will largely depend on the success of this loan.

Lopata is an old fashioned head it kick it centreback with a decent engine he’ll make mistakes as all young centrebacks do but he’s committed and another I think will have a pro career maybe slightly higher than brunt. They’re not our two best youngsters but they’re not far off and should be ready for men’s football I hope they help you turn it around for their sake and yours.

Agree with all the comments above. Hard to tell with Brunt, he is classy at times, going forward, but not the biggest lad on the pitch, which is the opposite of young Lopata.

In the games I have seen him play, when the teams are warming up, Lopata looks like a man in a team of boys, a real unit, tall, well built, looks like he can take care of himself. Likes to go forward with the ball, like Harry Maguire used to, for us. Also has a nice cross-field ping, to get the play moving upfield. Has a very nice header on him, when in and around the opposition box, for corners and stuff.

I think they will both do a job for you, a real "little and large" combination.

Look after them, because we want them back in one piece!

Cheers mate, and good luck for the rest of the season.

I'm starting to think we may have hit the jackpot with some of these posts. Very big thanks all. By the way, next time you rock down to Southend it may well be in our new three sided stadium surrounded by affordable housing. Planning permission given Wednesday, at last. 22,000 seater, just the ticket for the National League, sorry whinging again.

Cheers Blades,

RHB x
Rug Ron rumbled?
Under Darren CURRIE, Brunt's assists and goals helped our U23s win their league. He was instrumental in winding up the Wendies after we beat them 4-0 and his Dad posts on here. I think Lopata was injured during CURRIE's short spell, but he has done well in the first team this season.

Cheers Blades,

RHB x
Hi mate. Always enjoyed my visits to your place. Great hospitality and atmosphere
good luck and as they say. Come back into the league soon

Excellent move for both, and a good idea to get them match fit, for drafting them in in Jan.

Brunt's technical ability and vision is superb, if there's a run being made he's capable of threading a perfectly weighted through ball. Maybe he needs to decide what type of player he's going to be. Is he going to use his creativity in a number ten role, or is he going to be a classy deep lying playmaker. Personally I hope it's the former, but he needs to be even more dynamic and direct. His composure is great, but it doesn't always hurt teams to stroll around and play lovely little passes in midfield.

Rootshallbloke , do you have decent, mobile forwards? Brunt needs runners to pass to.

Brunt's technical ability and vision is superb, if there's a run being made he's capable of threading a perfectly weighted through ball. Maybe he needs to decide what type of player he's going to be. Is he going to use his creativity in a number ten role, or is he going to be a classy deep lying playmaker. Personally I hope it's the former, but he needs to be even more dynamic and direct. His composure is great, but it doesn't always hurt teams to stroll around and play lovely little passes in midfield.

Rootshallbloke , do you have decent, mobile forwards? Brunt needs runners to pass to.
We have two up front who have been starved of any real service from the middle so it will be interesting to see how they react to somebody feeding them chances.

We have two up front who have been starved of any real service from the middle so it will be interesting to see how they react to somebody feeding them chances.

Hope you'll keep us updated on their progress.

Both players are at a stage where they can get too comfortable in the U23s, yet they are unlikely to make the first team squad any time soon.

Lopata had played centrally in a back three most of the time with us. As the first team has changed to a 4-2-3-1, I hope you are playing with a back four at the moment?

as you can see, lopata is absolutely class so don’t need to say much I’m regards to him.
Zak is a superb player. I think many on here are more sceptical of him than lopata because of the cup games he played in. Did nothing wrong or anything but didn’t stand out. In my opinion that’s because he was playing in a deep lying role. He’s an attack minded midfielder and a really good one at that. You don’t get offered a trial at Real Madrid (Couldn’t attend due to some law) and play for academies like athletico madrid and Man City if you’re a bad player. Really good technically. I think playing men’s football will help a lot.

Evening Northern chaps, hope you're all well and thriving. Since I last ventured onto this board we have sussed Phil Brown this time round, attracted Stan Collymore's interest and nicked Darren Curry from you chaps,
You didnt nick Darren Currie from us. He was in temporary charge of our u23s while Heckingbottom was the temporary manager of our 1st team. Heckingbottom is back in charge of our 23s

Hope you'll keep us updated on their progress.

Both players are at a stage where they can get too comfortable in the U23s, yet they are unlikely to make the first team squad any time soon.

Lopata had played centrally in a back three most of the time with us. As the first team has changed to a 4-2-3-1, I hope you are playing with a back four at the moment?
It seems we have them both up to the end of January so I'll give them a chance to bed in and let you know. Most Blues supporters prefer 4 at the back but we have been playing three as one of our central defenders makes every other centre back in the world look quick and has the turning circle of an elephant. He has now fractured his ankle so maybe we will revert. Maher and Currie will know how best to play both lads hopefully.

Saw them at friendly vs Doncaster. Lopata looked comfortable. He is a giant.
Please don't break either of them

Cheers Blades,

RHB x

I wasn’t aware of this until I read your post and to say I’m shocked is putting it mildly . Both have considerable ability and I expected them to feature in our season at some stage .

Given your present position and with all due respect :) , It’s the equivalent of us getting Virgil van Dijk and Mason Mount on loan .

You lucky , lucky tiny crustacean hunters .

You’ve picked up 2 talented young players that will benefit both parties . Both did ok in there appears in first team in the Carabao Cup . As said above Lopata a solid centre back & Brunt more the sitting midfielder linking things up .

I presume they've gone to non-league because we can't loan to league teams until January, with an eye to another loan then.

Maybe it's the level to coaches think they are at. National League is a good competitive league. If they play well I'm sure there will be some League Two teams interested in January.

Back
Top Bottom