Video on sky sports football app - our owner talking about Wilder's departure

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Chris resigned. The Prince said he resigned, he tried to resign 3 times in total and managed it on the third try but somehow managed to get £4m too. Not sure where you get constructive dismissal from the interview ?

He did criticise he says several times he told Chris he was not happy with 3 key areas. One was Recruitment, forgot the other two. The week of Chris leaving he says he tried to sit down and have a meeting every other day. First meeting they put each others sides over. Again PA mentioned the 3 areas the board was not happy with. Same meeting they also told him they wanted him to stay. When the day of the 2nd meeting came Chris turned up said he wasnt happy with the previous meeting and would not say anymore then his agent sent them a letter explaining his resignation. PA then got his team to respond by the letter asking to speak to Chris but he wasnt happy about this letter in response so all comms broke down and he refused to talk about it anymore I think that was either the Wednesday or Thursday. We know what happened after that.

He quite clearly explains this all in the interview he openly admits the areas he wasnt happy with and his reasons. We've heard one sides apparently honest explanation the only misinformation we have is Chris Wilders side we are yet to hear from.

The thing I dislike about the interview is Chris allegedly resigning then asking for £4m. If that was me at work asking for £40000 and resigning they would tell me to do one.

Also since when cant a Boss criticise his workers because they are not performing a project (shall we call it as an example) well and he expected them to do better ?

PA criticised him over his recruitment choices and to me he was fair and honest its been said many times on here recruitment was not right and PA's explanation is he gave Chris full autonomy over recruitment suggestions but instead of getting 5 or 6 the board could go after it seems they got 1 in some circumstances and it was either that person or nothing. So we ended up with nothing. There needs to be more than one choice in case the No.1 choice falls through due to wage disagreements etc. Again according to PA.

I think PA came across as genuinely honest. Just need to wait for the book to come out for the other side and then we can see if the two sides match or not.
I think that's potentially going to be a telling indicator as to how things went down.

Once the NDA has expired and CW can tell his side of the story, will he just come out and tell it?

Or will it all be revealed in a book so he can get another few grand in the kitty?

Who knows, only time will tell.

Do you trust Prince ?

Yes!

After listening to that interview, and with the Prince backing Wilder to the tune of nearly 130 million in player recruitment last season, and with the Prince purchasing Bramall Lane from McCabe for over 50 million, then yes, I do trust the Prince where SUFC is concerned.

PA hasn’t let the club down so far, has always backed it financially, has always done what he has said he would do, and more.

Yes, I trust the Prince with my club, and will do so until he lets us down. That point hasn’t arisen yet.

He seems like a genuine, honest bloke to me. Can anyone give me an instance where he’s let the club down so far?

Prince comes across well.

People saying he shouldn't be coming out and saying what he has, he's defending the club/himself. CW has been slating the club/board for months (possibly attempting to engineer being relieved from his duties for a financial windfall, who knows) yet wilderites are outraged at the Prince coming out and offering his take on events.

Watched the full 29 minute interview, prince's main points echo exactly what my own have been for a while.
Wilder has shown him self to be stubborn beyond belief. Personal opinion is his ego has risen just as fast as the club has climbed through the leagues, has been found to be very limited this past year and will not accept blame. Prince completely within his right to not sanction any transfers for a manager who has every intention of jumping ship when things get tough.

Massive thanks to CW for the best times of my United journey. Will never forget the full day/nights revelling in the glory of the times he helped bring to the club. I don't think it'll be repeated for a long long time.
But all good things come to an end, it's just a shame things ended as they have.

In an alternate universe, covid never happened, Chris didn't let his ego get the better of him and we'd be looking forward to a good booze up at the weekend and supporting the lads.

After this interview I've a lot more faith in next season and will get behind whoever is in charge. I'm a unitedite, not a wilderite.

I am starting to wonder if COVID never happened then we could have still had a similar season. If true Wilder was being that stubborn on transfers and not looking abroad then shit was always going to hit the fan especially at this level of football.

Not saying it is constructive dismissal, but that does involve a resignation.

Resignation, possible NDA and payoff. 3 hallmarks of a constructive dismissal.
4 wins in a season is grounds for being removed from a job for poor performance and slagging off your bosses in public is grounds for gross miconduct

It's easy to throwaway the impact of COVID in all this.

We have lost 20m because of COVID in tickets sales, merchandising etc.

To put in context, our biggest player sale in our history is the 11m or thereabouts that we got for Brooks. This part-funded the promotion campaign from the Championship and we've lost twice that amount.

I'm therefore surprised there isn't a little bit more understanding from Chris that:
  • Complaints about progress on the training facilities couldn't be set aside while regular revenue streams were reestablished.
  • January Transfer inactivity couldn't have been given more context.

Above all else, I always thought Chris was a pragmatist.

They were expecting to sign a couple in Jan. But then in the next 6 matches we got 1 point from 18. I don't think it is unreasonable to take a fresh look and say would I rather spent 5m on a permanent signing in September to improve promotion chances or 5m in wages chasing a lost cause.

I know managers are a proud bunch and us fans all have a bit of dreamer in us too, but no wins after 17 matches = relegation, every day of the week and twice in Sundays!

We had no significant players returning either so as much as us fans have struggled to reach acceptance that he's gone, it seemed accepting the reality of the situation was something Chris wrestled with too. In season one he was happy to say if we're down by Christmas I'm not going to be among the owners for money in January. I don't see why this logic didn't also apply in season 2.

When you look back at the facts, awful results, total lack of impact to the first team of signings, fall out with the Board, lack of desire to consider other opinions, there are echos of Clough's last year when he was doing great and then that summer the wheels just came off.

I'd be interested to now what Chris or his close pals are unhappy with because some of the points are very black and white:
Did he quit?
Did he ask for money despite quitting?
Did he flatly refuse all suggestions of players from outside his inner circle and come up with 1 target suggestions?

There may be other things Chris is unhappy with but I'm struggling to see how the Prince could make such comments if they weren't true.

Chris must have been very unhappy about the relationship with his employer to be so far away from the guy 5 years ago who was chirping about it being his dream job.

One final comment on the employment side. In any other line of work it's far more acceptable for your boss to criticize your performance than it is for you to criticize your bosses. I don't see why fans think this is ok and the criticism of players or making cake from sand did no favours to the club at all. Also, I'm a firm believer that if someone resigns you let them go. I've managed people for 20 years now and have never counteroffered. They have one foot out the door. You are just delaying the inevitable. Prince Advil would probably have been better letting him go when he resigned the first time. It may have reshaped the January window under someone else.

Last edited:
Didn’t Halifax go bust while he was there? They certainly had a lot of issues.

Jordan has a right to his opinion and I don’t entirely disagree with some of his points but they’re not facts.
We certainly did and there is no doubt that this is NOT Wilder's first bit of adversity. At Halifax we were a basket case with no joke players racing to the bank to try to ensure their cheques did not bounce. Oxford I think he faced a lot of criticism from the fans there. At Northampton he dealt with the financial adversity where again players were not being paid for weeks I believe (all within a fantastic promotion season), and let's not forget he joined them when they were rock bottom of League 2 cast adrift and looking very much doomed.

4 wins in a season is grounds for being removed from a job for poor performance and slagging off your bosses in public is grounds for gross miconduct

Perhaps, not sure what point your making though.

Perhaps, not sure what point your making though.
I think the point being made here is that before you go down the route of constructive dismissal, poor performance and gross misconduct on your side are probably going to weaken your case.

I believe they he what was being referred to.

I am only 6:30 seconds in to the interview and it does raise some interesting questions. I will say that I am on record as saying that Wilder needs to take some responsibility for this season, that goes without saying and that he looked like he had thrown the towel in. It is also important to remember that it is possible for two people in disagreement to BOTH be correct in their own ways. You will often find this in relationship counselling for instance, because each party has their own subjective experience and the truth is often in between both parties interpretations.

However, thus far at 6 minutes and 30 seconds I can already see some glaring elements to the Prince interview.

1) Very strange way to begin an interview by essentially saying he has worked with managers with huge ego's in the past? It is a strange way to begin I think because whether he meant it or not, there is an immediate association that he classes Wilder in this bracket. True or not, is it necessary? The Prince also uses what is referred to as 'Resume statement' in which he outlines his success and experience in working with managers (possible attempt consciously or unconsciously to sway people) and lay blame at Wilder's door. Non of this was part of the question asked btw.
2) Highlights his preferred way of working and running a club which is essentially a DoF structure, but says he let Wilder have his way due to current/past success at the time. This is interesting because it outlines his philosophy and preferred way of running a club. Raises some questions about his refutal of the accusations that Wilder was unhappy with what he perceived to be a move towards a DoF model. So we have an owner who acknowledges that this is the way he prefers to run a club, and that he avoided this early in the Wilder reign due to the current success Wilder was having. But then claims that Wilder was wrong in his fears about where this was heading? I would say this is the Prince being 'creative' as others have said in bringing in a DoF type model but not calling it that.
3) Mentions Chris being the highest paid employee ever. Why? Is that necessary? Also of course he is, football wages have risen year on year and it is 14 years since you were last in the Premier League, logic alone would suggest he would be the highest paid employee ever. Intended or not he is outlining a motive for Wilder that is based in financial means. Then adds to this that 'if the highest paid player is on 50k per week' then Chris was on substantially more than that. Strange figure to just 'pull from the hat' no? Rumours have suggested on this board for some time that this was around the figure of the highest earner. If it is indeed not just a wild figure from PA then he confirms that wages paid are an issue in attracting the best of the best.

This is just the first 6 and a half minutes but it is interesting to say the least. As others have mentioned you do not get to the levels that PA is at in life by not being a good PR person or to not know how to communicate. To me as others have indicated there is an element of possibility that Wilder has some grounds for constructive dismissal if he felt that he was being undermined in his ability to do his role effectively or that the conditions of his contract were being significantly changed. PA states that Wilder wanted to resign 3 times, but was this time one of them? We need to ask ourselves why is he answering in this way and look beyond the words to also look at what he is prioritising in his answers and what he is leaving out. I am not saying that PA is being dishonest but there are some questions around the version he is portraying.

I think the point being made here is that before you go down the route of constructive dismissal, poor performance and gross misconduct on your side are probably going to weaken your case.

I believe they he what was being referred to.

Thanks Champagne. Makes sense, x factor still being the payment though. And why.

I think that's potentially going to be a telling indicator as to how things went down.

Once the NDA has expired and CW can tell his side of the story, will he just come out and tell it?

Or will it all be revealed in a book so he can get another few grand in the kitty?

Who knows, only time will tell.
Danny Hall is salavating as we speak.

3) Mentions Chris being the highest paid employee ever. Why? Is that necessary? Also of course he is, football wages have risen year on year and it is 14 years since you were last in the Premier League, logic alone would suggest he would be the highest paid employee ever. Intended or not he is outlining a motive for Wilder that is based in financial means. Then adds to this that 'if the highest paid player is on 50k per week' then Chris was on substantially more than that. Strange figure to just 'pull from the hat' no? Rumours have suggested on this board for some time that this was around the figure of the highest earner. If it is indeed not just a wild figure from PA then he confirms that wages paid are an issue in attracting the best of the best..
I think the point is that the manager is the highest paid employee. Which other club is this the case at? Spurs possibly...

1) Very strange way to begin an interview by essentially saying he has worked with managers with huge ego's in the past? It is a strange way to begin I think because whether he meant it or not, there is an immediate association that he classes Wilder in this bracket.

Do you think us fans had a part to play in creating that ego..? Now I've listened to HRH, I'd say yes. As of a few weeks ago, CW was a God around the Lane and Sheffield in general, people would have wanted to shake his hand, have a picture with him, buy him a drink etc.. that's how ego's are made.

Just listened to the full 29 minute interview and I must say I really can’t knock much of what the Prince has said at all.

I think that Chris was obviously under huge pressure, given our start to the season. Throw into the mix that he’s a fan and the continual highs of the last 4/5 years, I think it hit him very hard, which is totally understandable. He’s then felt that he needed to resign in December but was talked around.

Things obviously then came to a head around the new year. I suspect the board rescinded on any prior agreement for transfers, based on our awful position and this lead to Chris again being pissed off and feeling helpless. I can see both sides here. I can totally understand the board’s reasons for doing this, but I can also how it’d make Chris feel.

To add to that, the board has said that to ensure past mistakes aren’t made, a more collaborative transfer strategy is needed. I think this is a smart approach in the long term. Again, given the likely mental position Chris was in, given the season, plus his ego, this hasn’t landed well. It’s a huge shift for him - from fans in the ground adoring him, full control and getting results; to no fans, terrible results and the changes afoot to reshape things. Because of this, he’s felt backed into a corner and started to lash out - leaks to the press, comments in interview etc.

I suspect the board got fed up with his digs and the lack of flexibility and when speaking with him have become even firmer that change is needed. I genuinely believe they wanted him to stay and that they have the clubs long-term interests at heart. I think the pressure and Chris’ nature, combined with the timing of our awful run, has meant that none of this has landed well and that’s why he finally quit.

I think in typical Sheffield United fashion, the set of circumstances are unique. I am more hopeful about the future after watching the interview, of course this hinges on how any new manager can get things up and running, but I am comforted with how PA wants to operate and take the club forward.

It’s fine to criticise, but he’s trying to make out that he wanted him and that he hasn’t meddled and criticised. He obviously has and it’s obviously affected the relationship to the point where it’s no longer workable.

Misinformation pisses me off and that’s all we’ve had from all sides so far.
In the business analogy, I have a 1 million budget where I work ,if I over spend that's fine so long as it drives us forward, but I would be soon out of a job if I was found to be spending the money on kit not fit for purpose
And I wouldn't get a 4 million pay off 😒

It's easy to throwaway the impact of COVID in all this.

We have lost 20m because of COVID in tickets sales, merchandising etc.

To put in context, our biggest player sale in our history is the 11m or thereabouts that we got for Brooks. This part-funded the promotion campaign from the Championship and we've lost twice that amount.

I'm therefore surprised there isn't a little bit more understanding from Chris that:
  • Complaints about progress on the training facilities couldn't be set aside while regular revenue streams were reestablished.
  • January Transfer inactivity couldn't have been given more context.

Above all else, I always thought Chris was a pragmatist.

They were expecting to sign a couple in Jan. But then in the next 6 matches we got 1 point from 18. I don't think it is unreasonable to take a fresh look and say would I rather spent 5m on a permanent signing in September to improve promotion chances or 5m in wages chasing a lost cause.

I know managers are a proud bunch and us fans all have a bit of dreamer in us too, but no wins after 17 matches = relegation, every day of the week and twice in Sundays!

We had no significant players returning either so as much as us fans have struggled to reach acceptance that he's gone, it seemed accepting the reality of the situation was something Chris wrestled with too. In season one he was happy to say if we're down by Christmas I'm not going to be among the owners for money in January. I don't see why this logic didn't also apply in season 2.

When you look back at the facts, awful results, total lack of impact to the first team of signings, fall out with the Board, lack of desire to consider other opinions, there are echos of Clough's last year when he was doing great and then that summer the wheels just came off.

I'd be interested to now what Chris or his close pals are unhappy with because some of the points are very black and white:
Did he quit?
Did he ask for money despite quitting?
Did he flatly refuse all suggestions of players from outside his inner circle and come up with 1 target suggestions?

There may be other things Chris is unhappy with but I'm struggling to see how the Prince could make such comments if they weren't true.

Chris must have been very unhappy about the relationship with his employer to be so far away from the guy 5 years ago who was chirping about it being his dream job.

One final comment on the employment side. In any other line of work it's far more acceptable for your boss to criticize your performance than it is for you to criticize your bosses. I don't see why fans think this is ok and the criticism of players or making cake from sand did no favours to the club at all. Also, I'm a firm believer that if someone resigns you let them go. I've managed people for 20 years now and have never counteroffered. They have one foot out the door. You are just delaying the inevitable. Prince Advil would probably have been better letting him go when he resigned the first time. It may have reshaped the January window under someone else.
Champagneblade this is one of the most sensible posts I've read in the past few weeks. 100% agree with you. And you're right about the resignation, I think in hindsight it would have been better for the board to have accepted the first one. But then I can see why they wouldn't knowing the fans feeling for Wilder etc.

We have to just move on now, and I wish all fans would, because the club needs to pull together again now ready for the battle of the Championship next season. How many people have said since covid how much they've realised that fans are the lifeblood of football and have so much influence on results? Yet some of those same people want to make a toxic atmosphere and kick back at the Prince, the board and whoever comes in next...

I am only 6:30 seconds in to the interview and it does raise some interesting questions. I will say that I am on record as saying that Wilder needs to take some responsibility for this season, that goes without saying and that he looked like he had thrown the towel in. It is also important to remember that it is possible for two people in disagreement to BOTH be correct in their own ways. You will often find this in relationship counselling for instance, because each party has their own subjective experience and the truth is often in between both parties interpretations.

However, thus far at 6 minutes and 30 seconds I can already see some glaring elements to the Prince interview.

1) Very strange way to begin an interview by essentially saying he has worked with managers with huge ego's in the past? It is a strange way to begin I think because whether he meant it or not, there is an immediate association that he classes Wilder in this bracket. True or not, is it necessary? The Prince also uses what is referred to as 'Resume statement' in which he outlines his success and experience in working with managers (possible attempt consciously or unconsciously to sway people) and lay blame at Wilder's door. Non of this was part of the question asked btw.
2) Highlights his preferred way of working and running a club which is essentially a DoF structure, but says he let Wilder have his way due to current/past success at the time. This is interesting because it outlines his philosophy and preferred way of running a club. Raises some questions about his refutal of the accusations that Wilder was unhappy with what he perceived to be a move towards a DoF model. So we have an owner who acknowledges that this is the way he prefers to run a club, and that he avoided this early in the Wilder reign due to the current success Wilder was having. But then claims that Wilder was wrong in his fears about where this was heading? I would say this is the Prince being 'creative' as others have said in bringing in a DoF type model but not calling it that.
3) Mentions Chris being the highest paid employee ever. Why? Is that necessary? Also of course he is, football wages have risen year on year and it is 14 years since you were last in the Premier League, logic alone would suggest he would be the highest paid employee ever. Intended or not he is outlining a motive for Wilder that is based in financial means. Then adds to this that 'if the highest paid player is on 50k per week' then Chris was on substantially more than that. Strange figure to just 'pull from the hat' no? Rumours have suggested on this board for some time that this was around the figure of the highest earner. If it is indeed not just a wild figure from PA then he confirms that wages paid are an issue in attracting the best of the best.

This is just the first 6 and a half minutes but it is interesting to say the least. As others have mentioned you do not get to the levels that PA is at in life by not being a good PR person or to not know how to communicate. To me as others have indicated there is an element of possibility that Wilder has some grounds for constructive dismissal if he felt that he was being undermined in his ability to do his role effectively or that the conditions of his contract were being significantly changed. PA states that Wilder wanted to resign 3 times, but was this time one of them? We need to ask ourselves why is he answering in this way and look beyond the words to also look at what he is prioritising in his answers and what he is leaving out. I am not saying that PA is being dishonest but there are some questions around the version he is portraying.
I must have listened to a different interview cos it didn’t come across like that at all to me and I am a fence sitter at the moment

Again - it's the club's money, awarded to Wilder to go and buy PL players.

Tell me one player he has bought who is truly Premier League Class, since we were promoted. And don't say Bogle and Ramsdale. Bogle is simply capable, amongst a team of worrying incapables. And Ramsdale's season has been largely pants.

pommpey
We haven't bought a proper PL player (the clue is in the league position) and I understand the criticism of this by Abdullah. But to then make out he's happy and doesn't want another manager is disingenuous, he's criticised Wilder and relationship has broken down.

Wilder has come out and said things like "best transfer window ever", but he wasn't going to come out and say "I've signed a load of shite", because there's no reason for him to do that.

I just don't buy the "I back Chris" line, because everything he said had a "but" attached to it.

We haven't bought a proper PL player (the clue is in the league position) and I understand the criticism of this by Abdullah. But to then make out he's happy and doesn't want another manager is disingenuous, he's criticised Wilder and relationship has broken down.

Wilder has come out and said things like "best transfer window ever", but he wasn't going to come out and say "I've signed a load of shite", because there's no reason for him to do that.

I just don't buy the "I back Chris" line, because everything he said had a "but" attached to it.
He backed him with his actions. All the talk is just spin from both sides

Chris resigned. The Prince said he resigned, he tried to resign 3 times in total and managed it on the third try but somehow managed to get £4m too. Not sure where you get constructive dismissal from the interview ?

He did criticise he says several times he told Chris he was not happy with 3 key areas. One was Recruitment, forgot the other two. The week of Chris leaving he says he tried to sit down and have a meeting every other day. First meeting they put each others sides over. Again PA mentioned the 3 areas the board was not happy with. Same meeting they also told him they wanted him to stay. When the day of the 2nd meeting came Chris turned up said he wasnt happy with the previous meeting and would not say anymore then his agent sent them a letter explaining his resignation. PA then got his team to respond by the letter asking to speak to Chris but he wasnt happy about this letter in response so all comms broke down and he refused to talk about it anymore I think that was either the Wednesday or Thursday. We know what happened after that.

He quite clearly explains this all in the interview he openly admits the areas he wasnt happy with and his reasons. We've heard one sides apparently honest explanation the only misinformation we have is Chris Wilders side we are yet to hear from.

The thing I dislike about the interview is Chris allegedly resigning then asking for £4m. If that was me at work asking for £40000 and resigning they would tell me to do one.

Also since when cant a Boss criticise his workers because they are not performing a project (shall we call it as an example) well and he expected them to do better ?

PA criticised him over his recruitment choices and to me he was fair and honest its been said many times on here recruitment was not right and PA's explanation is he gave Chris full autonomy over recruitment suggestions but instead of getting 5 or 6 the board could go after it seems they got 1 in some circumstances and it was either that person or nothing. So we ended up with nothing. There needs to be more than one choice in case the No.1 choice falls through due to wage disagreements etc. Again according to PA.

I think PA came across as genuinely honest. Just need to wait for the book to come out for the other side and then we can see if the two sides match or not.
You're well within you rights to believe everything Abdullah says. I can see inconsistencies throughout that interview, he says one thing and then contradicts himself with his next sentence. I'll wait for the other side of the story before I throw Wilder under the bus like many seem to have done.

In the business analogy, I have a 1 million budget where I work ,if I over spend that's fine so long as it drives us forward, but I would be soon out of a job if I was found to be spending the money on kit not fit for purpose
And I wouldn't get a 4 million pay off 😒
In a business environment you wouldn't get the extremes that we have in this case. We buy a lot of trucks at work, normally 2 years old plus. I have a few vehicle fitters and I ask them to check the vehicles out before I buy them. If they look good and meet the spec then I trust them. If they turn out to be a bag of shit and we have to spend a fortune sorting them out then it's a lesson learned for next time.

I don't relentlessly hammer them and say I'm never letting them buy another truck, because that would be demotivating and put them in a position where they don't want to work for me. We're talking £50k and not £20m+ per item but the concept is relative.

He backed him with his actions. All the talk is just spin from both sides
The transfers have backed him, I give him that. But he's now decided that he won't back him anymore and that he's doing it wrong, I can see why that would make Wilder feel something has changed.

In a business environment you wouldn't get the extremes that we have in this case. We buy a lot of trucks at work, normally 2 years old plus. I have a few vehicle fitters and I ask them to check the vehicles out before I buy them. If they look good and meet the spec then I trust them. If they turn out to be a bag of shit and we have to spend a fortune sorting them out then it's a lesson learned for next time.

I don't relentlessly hammer them and say I'm never letting them buy another truck, because that would be demotivating and put them in a position where they don't want to work for me. We're talking £50k and not £20m+ per item but the concept is relative.
"Lesson learned for next time "
Hopefully this will stick in PA,s mind
Don't get me wrong I am gutted about CW and wanted him to stay for next season because his pride/skill set wouldn't have allowed him to make the same mistakes twice

ive been a big supporter of chris for the last 5 years but something just hasnt been right in the last year hes just seemed a different person and its a bit sad really that its ended like this and i will never understand why he hasnt tried a different system anything to try and turn things round but no one man is bigger than the club end of an era but we begin a new one in august
The overlapping full backs system wasn’t effective at all this season, we were over run in midfield in most games
I never got why we never changed to 442, our current midfield is also slow, we were struggling big time in most haves so to me it was clear we needed to put another man in midfield to make us more competitive and at least try and create some more chances for the starved forwards

The transfers have backed him, I give him that. But he's now decided that he won't back him anymore and that he's doing it wrong, I can see why that would make Wilder feel something has changed.
There's about 40 games of evidence that he has been doing it wrong. Plus the fact 3 of his £5m+ signings from the first summer being either out of the club or Moose. I don't expect any boss to continue to give complete and unequivocal support in these circumstances.

There's about 40 games of evidence that he has been doing it wrong. Plus the fact 3 of his £5m+ signings from the first summer being either out of the club or Moose. I don't expect any boss to continue to give complete and unequivocal support in these circumstances.
Yet Abdullah says he supported him and didn't want him to leave, I think you're proving my point for me here.

Do you trust Prince ?

Seems a simple question, but it's more complicated really.

In the interview, he makes all the right noises. But I have come across many people in the corporate world who can do that, yet behind the scenes become more Machiavellian. As such, I'm one of those people whose trust is earned by actions rather than words.

I "trust" him to protect his investment, he is a businessman. I hope that protecting that investment aligns with what is best for the football club. An obvious point to make, but a successful football club = a better investment.

Back
Top Bottom