Gary Sinclair earlier

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jimmy23

Reaction score
Emphasised that Bramall Lane does not “tolerate racist language at the Lane”. Bottom line is, everywhere you go whether it’s United, Wednesday or Plymouth Argyle, there is always going to be a very small minority of people who are still living in 1940. You can everything from Kick It Out to life time bans, but the fact is that these particular people are IMPOSSIBLE to change, and that is the long and short of it. As long as you know who you are and know not to stoop as low as those, then you’re definitely on the right track. We had allegations at BL earlier in the season, Wednesday had them yesterday - I’ve seen the video and it absolutely stinks! Let’s just hold our head high and be proud of who we are supporting our football club…it should never get to the daft levels of Racism.

UTB!! I’m ready for next season already - because I can guarantee we’re not gonna be a soft touch at all!

As always racism is a no no , it's never been a major problem at multi cultural bramall lane .
Other than against Luton the other week?... when some neanderthal was guilty of subjecting Morris to it..... which ultimately was probably the main reason behind the announcement.

Balls to solely banning em... it's 2024, put em on the wing! See how their racist views hold up then! Got no tolerance towards it..... rid them of society. Not just football.

Other than against Luton the other week?... when some neanderthal was guilty of subjecting Morris to it..... which ultimately was probably the main reason behind the announcement.

Balls to solely banning em... it's 2024, put em on the wing! See how their racist views hold up then! Got no tolerance towards it..... rid them of society. Not just football.
Major isn't a minor incident

He called him a fat cunt, not what was suggested
Source: my best mate sits next to the chap. No loyalties

You pointed out a isolated incident which I wasn't aware of ,that's minor not a major reflection of our multi cultural fanbase
The incident has gone quiet because it was proven false I assume

Can't change em maybe, but we can change our football club by banning them
Exactly this. I’m happy for more warnings and to continue to change the mindset of all fans attending our ground.

Sheffield is not a racist city, it’s diverse, there is less diversity the further out you go from the city centre, but that’s not an excuse, people are educated enough nowadays to know that abuse of any kind is not acceptable.

Mark Robins summed it up perfectly yesterday that football fans give it out and it’s part of the game, but racism isn’t.

Ffs it’s close to 50 years since fans had inflatable bananas at games and whilst we’ve come a long way, people of younger generations should know much much better.

I know several people who were sat right by that, and it was bollocks. There was no racist abuse.

Nobody is doubting that, nor or the doubting that perhaps you haven't heard it. But it is present in every stand at the lane......
I haven’t witnessed any on the kop for probably much more than a decade.

Emphasised that Bramall Lane does not “tolerate racist language at the Lane”. Bottom line is, everywhere you go whether it’s United, Wednesday or Plymouth Argyle, there is always going to be a very small minority of people who are still living in 1940. You can everything from Kick It Out to life time bans, but the fact is that these particular people are IMPOSSIBLE to change, and that is the long and short of it. As long as you know who you are and know not to stoop as low as those, then you’re definitely on the right track. We had allegations at BL earlier in the season, Wednesday had them yesterday - I’ve seen the video and it absolutely stinks! Let’s just hold our head high and be proud of who we are supporting our football club…it should never get to the daft levels of Racism.

UTB!! I’m ready for next season already - because I can guarantee we’re not gonna be a soft touch at all!
Racism has never gone away from football or indeed society, it will always exist and it's ridiculous to believe it will be eradicated , I'm not condoning it in any way shape or form I'm just stating that people/ players need to be realistic and understand that u cannot remove racism 100% from the game, in the same way that we cannot remove poverty in the world, what we can do is improve understanding, people still live In poverty now, but compared with poverty 60, 70 80 years ago its relative luxury, similar for racism , yes it exists , yes its wrong but compared to what was allowed and even encouraged 50 years ago its incomparable

The announcement that the club doesn't tolerate racism is hardly anything to take note of. While for the vast majority it's a given for those knuckle draggers they probably need reminding to breathe in and out regularly so a refresher for the hard of thinking probably is wise.

That didn't happen though did it
Guy called him a fat cunt

I've said this before, get video cameras and audio equipment across the stadium in the stands then it'll stop.

Exactly this. I’m happy for more warnings and to continue to change the mindset of all fans attending our ground.

Sheffield is not a racist city, it’s diverse, there is less diversity the further out you go from the city centre, but that’s not an excuse, people are educated enough nowadays to know that abuse of any kind is not acceptable.

Mark Robins summed it up perfectly yesterday that football fans give it out and it’s part of the game, but racism isn’t.

Ffs it’s close to 50 years since fans had inflatable bananas at games and whilst we’ve come a long way, people of younger generations should know much much better.
Is imre varadi that old

Racism has never gone away from football or indeed society, it will always exist and it's ridiculous to believe it will be eradicated , I'm not condoning it in any way shape or form I'm just stating that people/ players need to be realistic and understand that u cannot remove racism 100% from the game

We can remove it as and when we see it. Then if any more pops up, remove that too....and so on.

Back
Top Bottom