Which season made you lose interest the most?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sheff de party

Reaction score
I know that a lot of people are gripped by every season we have and fair enough. But sometimes for me, other things in life have just got in the way and the occasional season has slipped by me. So I’m wondering - which season left you feeling disinterested, less likely/inclined to go and led to you looking up other things on the internet than our latest rumours?

For me, this season is a contender. I’m not thrilled with PL football and I’ve spent more than a month of the season on holiday. The games I have been to have seen us lose all four, shipping 18 goals and scoring just one. Not that I’m moaning - it’s been brilliant for years, but the players did appear to have given up in a few of those games.

The championship relegation season was another, but I was living in Australia making games impossible to attend and nigh on impossible to watch. I was oddly regularly there during League One.

Will you risk your Bladey credentials to admit that there’s a year or two where you weren’t that fussed?

Don't really lose interest personally because going to the matches for me isn't just about seeing United perform and win. The day out, seeing mates, having a beer and being with my dad. I'll probably always have a ST.

Will admit it's hard losing every week to teams full of million of pounds but I'll never lose interest.

This season , The on off sales of Berger and Ndaye Leaving us at the last minute also getting rid of Billy Sharp Felt like a kick in the Teeth
Also some Pretty serious things at home haven't helped
I do agree about the Adkins time being a low point

1980/81 and 1982/83. I was playing football regularly on Saturdays and often didnt bother going to midweek matches if I was free in the evening. Not sure which one was the least games I went to in a season

Since lockdown never really got the mojo back, coupled with buying a home for kids sne me and cost of living sky high means I can't afford to go as often, but it doesn't really bother me, maybe it's cos I've given the ale up. Maybe it'll come back one day.

Every season since covid hit tbh, including last year. The heights of the Wilder seasons have without doubt played a part too. Unrivalled really those years.

This for me as well. I hoped it would come back if we managed to get promoted again, but if anything it got worse.

This one has been a tough un for me. I'll always go home and away, but the excitement and anticipation of the games hasn't been the same. Last season (and the previous promotion winning season under Wilder) were like dating a beautiful rich girl. Taking her out every week and getting fumbles and kisses. You feel like a million dollars............. then eventually you 'do the deed' 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 😝😜 and it's like wooooooooh!!!!! Promotion!!!!

You then move in with her and things suddenly don't feel anything like the same. You realise, actually she's a bit of a boring fucker who is up her own arse. You are not really accepted by her family and upper class fucktard mates and always feel like you don't belong, like you aren't good enough. Although you have a great house and lots of nice things, your outgoings have rocketed - how the fuck can you keep up with all this if she dumps you. So you hang in there, hoping that all will sort itself out in the end. However deep down you know you were much happier living in a bedsit on Norfolk Park and shagging slappers from the Bessemer.

This one has been a tough un for me. I'll always go home and away, but the excitement and anticipation of the games hasn't been the same. Last season (and the previous promotion winning season under Wilder) were like dating a beautiful rich girl. Taking her out every week and getting fumbles and kisses. You feel like a million dollars............. then eventually you 'do the deed' 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 😝😜 and it's like wooooooooh!!!!! Promotion!!!!

You then move in with her and things suddenly don't feel anything like the same. You realise, actually she's a bit of a boring fucker who is up her own arse. You are not really accepted by her family and upper class fucktard mates and always feel like you don't belong, like you aren't good enough. Although you have a great house and lots of nice things, your outgoings have rocketed - how the fuck can you keep up with all this if she dumps you. So you hang in there, hoping that all will sort itself out in the end. However deep down you know you were much happier living in a bedsit on Norfolk Park and shagging slappers from the Bessemer.
Do they have to be from the Bessemer?

Every season since covid hit tbh, including last year. The heights of the Wilder seasons have without doubt played a part too. Unrivalled really those years.

Unrivalled in the last 25 years perhaps. I enjoyed the rise with Bassett more than the rise with Wilder, and I'm sure that Blades older than me will talk about the early 1970s as the unrivalled years.

In terms of the season where I was least interested, it was hands down 2020-21. Aside from us being very poor (and never really looking like scoring whenever we went behind), we couldn't go to the games. It got the point where I was hoping Sky would pick us at the early kick off each weekend, just so that it could be out of the way.

Unrivalled in the last 25 years perhaps. I enjoyed the rise with Bassett more than the rise with Wilder, and I'm sure that Blades older than me will talk about the early 1970s as the unrivalled years.

In terms of the season where I was least interested, it was hands down 2020-21. Aside from us being very poor (and never really looking like scoring whenever we went behind), we couldn't go to the games. It got the point where I was hoping Sky would pick us at the early kick off each weekend, just so that it could be out of the way.
I caught the back end of the Basset days so was too young to appreciate them.

I think the thrill of the chase and the hope is miles better than the reality.

I'm really not keen on the Premier League. And it's not about being dicked every week, it's more about the obscene money slushing around, players who live in such luxury they are so disconnected from the regular fan, VAR, and the Jug Eared Cunt.

Living out of Sheffield doesn't help as it's harder to get to the games (yet oddly I found the time and effort in L1 and the Championship.)

Having been going since the sixties, seen more downs than ups, but just kept going (apart from hols & illness) always been treated as a day out ( losing still hurts though) this season takes the fucking biscuit though losing player days before the season started, recruiting shite! It lands firmly at the door of an owner who couldn't run a pub team and a board what doesn't give a shite!! Sad really because the supports there unlike the abysmal owner.... roll on Saturday 😊

Too many seasons relatively lapsed to remember. I’ve psychologically written this season off as it seems it’s the only way I can cope with weekly disappointment. That said, a win and a creditable away draw at a top team gives a sliver of hope which only paves the way to more disappointment. I console myself by watching the debacle at that shower of shit.

Championship/EFL also ran seasons are a slog. So many games and you know it's pretty pointless after a certain time. That said in most years we have something on games until late on.

The COVID year obviously. This year has been only slightly better than that but it could still get that bad/worse

The COVID season and anything since. The start of lockdown coincided with my wife and I starting a family and since I've gone from going to 46 games a season to having only been to one (FA Cup semi) since stadiums opened up again.

I still watch all the matches willing us to win and perhaps when my daughter grows up I'll start picking up matches again, but right now I don't have that same motivation that had me travelling to Yeovil, Southend and Crawley on Tuesday nights not so long ago.

Also as others have said being in a league with such an imbalance between us and the opposition most weeks is also a bit draining. I'd rather see games where we go hell for leather every week and win more than we lose, but I know ultimately the PL is the clubs goal.

The seasons when we look like we’ve got no chance of winning games, so this (from between Newcastle to Wolves game) and the covid relegation season. I can accept I support a middling team (who’ve had more successes than failures since I started supporting them in the late 90s), but the fun about football is winning games, so when week in week out it looks almost impossible for you to win then I tend to switch off from it.

COVID relegation season was a shocker. Obviously.

However, I'm probably unique in picking the Division 4 season as one where I lost interest. I thought we were a shit team, beating even shitter teams in a mostly shit atmosphere.

I appreciate there were a few games that bucked this trend ( and I was too young for away days) but I was a bit 🤷‍♂️ about the whole thing

Can’t remember which season but I didn’t renew my season ticket as I was fed up with em - been going since 1970.

However, I ended up leaving earlier and queuing up to buy a ticket which cost more than the ST price. I ended up going to every home game and repeat the above .

Had a ST ever since and will always have one until I can’t or they don’t

I had enough under Warnock, I loathed the man. I drifted off and had a season ticket at Stocksbridge Park Steels for a few very enjoyable seasons. Came back under Blackwell.

Back
Top Bottom