Which season made you lose interest the most?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I fucking hate this season, so utterly tinpot it’s unreal and I’m sick to death of the prince.

Every time I remember the first two games it pisses me off. Christ that was naff

I stopped going partway through the season when Blackwell was in charge. Win, lose or draw the football was dire and I hated giving up my Saturday to travel to Sheffield to watch an awful turdfest. For me any result is a bonus, I just want to enjoy watching a good vame of football regardless of the outcome. I didn't enjoy any of the matches under Blackwell and left at half time during one game, as I was fed up with the crap being played. I didn't return to the Lane until the following season after he was sacked.

I feel the same this season. I can take losing, it's the pathetic performances that have annoyed me. Every Saturday now I feel nothing when we lose, as I expect a limp, lifeless performance and inevitable loss. How can you get mad at something you expected? When full time happens I have no emotions, I'm just not bothered as this season was crap before a ball was even kicked.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

First season after we got relegated from the Prem back in 2007. It was after a shit night match. I'd had a long day at work, got home, went to football in the freezing cold to watch us play shit. I got home and thought fuck this. Haven't been to a match since.

Season before Heath took over was dire and remember a dreadful broadcast on BBC Sheffield with chairman and manager (??) squabbling. Decided not to renew season ticket for first time since 1969. Then the Heath debacle itself...after the infamous Port Vale game I decided to call it a day until both chairman and manager changed. Blow me, by the end of the night both had gone, and I was back. Loving watching Devlin stroll past the entire Portsmouth team!
Funnily the Covid season I felt OK, even though we were dreadful and couldn't go to games. It just felt good to have some sort of warped normality back after the world had felt like it was ending

I know that a lot of people are gripped by every season we have and fair enough. But sometimes for me, other things in life have just got in the way and the occasional season has slipped by me. So I’m wondering - which season left you feeling disinterested, less likely/inclined to go and led to you looking up other things on the internet than our latest rumours?

For me, this season is a contender. I’m not thrilled with PL football and I’ve spent more than a month of the season on holiday. The games I have been to have seen us lose all four, shipping 18 goals and scoring just one. Not that I’m moaning - it’s been brilliant for years, but the players did appear to have given up in a few of those games.

The championship relegation season was another, but I was living in Australia making games impossible to attend and nigh on impossible to watch. I was oddly regularly there during League One.

Will you risk your Bladey credentials to admit that there’s a year or two where you weren’t that fussed?
There were definitely a few occasions under Adkins where I was in the pub before the match and seriously considered just staying in there.

The only Blades stat you don’t have Silent?
I left school in 1979, bought a season ticket for the South Stand, my dad didnt. just before the start of the season my dad told me that it is better playing football for a club on Saturdays than go to the Lane. I followed his advice and he then used my season ticket for matches I wasnt able to go to.

Didnt buy another season ticket until I bought half season ticket for 1988-89 and since then I have been a season ticket holder. I dont remember how many matches I went to in 1980-81 and 1982-83 but went to more games in the next few seasons

Back
Top Bottom