Outgoing? Verrips?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wardy1889

Reaction score
Could be reading bit too much in to it, but Verrips posted on Instagram of him in a photo, saying new home! New home around here, or new club?

Looks like he’s signing a contract. For a new home or new club?

Could be reading bit too much in to it, but Verrips posted on Instagram of him in a photo, saying new home! New home around here, or new club?
I wondered if he would be loaned or sold to Beerschot, now we have Foderingham and Moore as back-ups

I’m glad if Verrips is going. He’s let me down that bloke. I’ve been stopping folks in the street and telling them that the Blades have signed the best young Dutch keeper in Belgium ever since he signed for us. And do you know what abuse I’ve had? “F off weirdo” and that was just our Parish Priest.

It seems like no one, except me, really thought Verrips was the real deal. He’s humiliated me by failing to get ahead of Simon Moore in the pecking order down there. ‘Kin ‘ell!’ Dougie Bader would get my vote ahead of Simon Moore! I’ve told everyone how good Verrips is, based on my YouTube evidence - and then this!

Let him go to Beershaft or wherever. I’ve done with him now!

As long as we don’t sell them our stadium...nah, who would do something stupid like that.
Mmmm I'm starting to like this thread 😂 can't we sell them our Stadium for £60m then either lease it for £1 a week or perhaps splash out and buy it back 6 months later for £1m 🤔

As long as we don’t sell them our stadium...nah, who would do something stupid like that.
We could even change our name to SPMC Binladen United for £400m! Imagine the letters of complaint written on Saudi paper, HRH would double his money with Samuels, Crooks, Dannymills alone.....

Makes sense to loan him out. We went through some serious legal hoops to sign him, be a waste to get rid now.
Loan him to the Erdivisie or Belgian pro league, he needs to get some football under his belt again. Another season on the bench will do him no favours.

Makes sense to loan him out. We went through some serious legal hoops to sign him, be a waste to get rid now.
Loan him to the Erdivisie or Belgian pro league, he needs to get some football under his belt again. Another season on the bench will do him no favours.

You have any idea what happened? It never seemed as though we were signing him to be our third 'keeper. I thought the ongoing legal case made us slightly wary of playing him, but maybe he just wasn't as good or as ready as we hoped

You have any idea what happened? It never seemed as though we were signing him to be our third 'keeper. I thought the ongoing legal case made us slightly wary of playing him, but maybe he just wasn't as good or as ready as we hoped
No mate, not a clue. All I know about him is when he first signed they thought he looked a really good keeper.
Has he kicked on as much as they expect? Does he need first team football again? Who knows.

He’s a month younger than Jake Eastwood – while 23 is still young for a keeper, you don’t really want to have keepers in the first team squad that at 24 have made barely any appearances. I can’t see us keeping both on the books past this season, and if we sign another keeper as expected then they’ll be fighting over the 3rd choice keeper role with Moore. I suspect he was viewed as a bit of a cheap punt based on recommendations from our contacts in Belgium.

I’m glad if Verrips is going. He’s let me down that bloke. I’ve been stopping folks in the street and telling them that the Blades have signed the best young Dutch keeper in Belgium ever since he signed for us. And do you know what abuse I’ve had? “F off weirdo” and that was just our Parish Priest.

It seems like no one, except me, really thought Verrips was the real deal. He’s humiliated me by failing to get ahead of Simon Moore in the pecking order down there. ‘Kin ‘ell!’ Dougie Bader would get my vote ahead of Simon Moore! I’ve told everyone how good Verrips is, based on my YouTube evidence - and then this!

Let him go to Beershaft or wherever. I’ve done with him now!

Be reassured, your initial perception & enthusiasm were/are correct - after all can anyone else name a better "young Dutch keeper in Belgium" ?
[note to self: May regret throwing down that particular gauntlet)

Seems to me that this is a case of 2 + 2 = 5. Personally think Verrips and Foderingham will be competition for our no1 (whoever that may be)

He’s a month younger than Jake Eastwood – while 23 is still young for a keeper, you don’t really want to have keepers in the first team squad that at 24 have made barely any appearances. I can’t see us keeping both on the books past this season, and if we sign another keeper as expected then they’ll be fighting over the 3rd choice keeper role with Moore. I suspect he was viewed as a bit of a cheap punt based on recommendations from our contacts in Belgium.

Verrips has played a bit of football at a decent level, just not for us. If we could get him in the Championship that'd be great and we can judge him properly. We do have too many keepers though at the moment, time to shift some out. Moore can go and play football for someone else while his stock is sort of high, Eastwood can get back fit and go back out, Foderingham is as solid a second choice as we can get so he's in Moore's spot, and then leave the "young keeper" spots free for Dewhurst and Amissah if they're here and not out on loan.

If Verrips had a future at United he would have been on the bench for the lockdown games instead of Moore. That alone for me says his time is over before it began...

Just been for a run in Norfolk Park and Verrips was there, gloves and all, preparing to have a bit of a training session by the looks of it.

Anyone have any idea what happening with him? Doesn't seem to be training with the other lads and has clearly dropped down the pecking order.

Not done anything since he got cleaned out by Kean Bryan in his first appearance.

Just been for a run in Norfolk Park and Verrips was there, gloves and all, preparing to have a bit of a training session by the looks of it.

Anyone have any idea what happening with him? Doesn't seem to be training with the other lads and has clearly dropped down the pecking order.

Not done anything since he got cleaned out by Kean Bryan in his first appearance.

A prime chance to be an ITK and you let it slip through your fingers...

He came back from the netherlands last week, might be quarantining as it's off the 'corridor' list at the moment.

Interesting to see its Dewhurst that’s gone to Scotland not Moore

Jamal Blackman has just joined rovrum

Signing two goalkeepers apparently this week 1 loan, 1 perm. Blackman has just signed on loan so wouldn't rule out Moore being the other transfer target.

Signing two goalkeepers apparently this week 1 loan, 1 perm. Blackman has just signed on loan so wouldn't rule out Moore being the other transfer target.
Bet Moore can't wait to be back up to Blackman again

Back
Top Bottom