Doyle?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think on last night’s showing we’re desperate for him.
Norwood’s just not good enough. A solid Souza, two hard working, talented players such as Hamer and Doyle, we’ve got it cracked.
It’s the midfield that makes it easy for the front players. Any half decent striker, put the ball in the right place for them and they should put it away.

Ah OK well it must mean that Hecky preferred Davies to Doyle then
yeah i think thats it for doyle now weve signed davies 155 premier league appearances has probably swung that decision mind still think we may see tommy doyle back at the lane sometime in the future

Would have been very surprised if you told me we'd end up with none of Doyle, OBrien or Smallbone in the squad

Disappointing. Maybe to be revisited in the future. Hope so, anyway

I think on last night’s showing we’re desperate for him.
Norwood’s just not good enough. A solid Souza, two hard working, talented players such as Hamer and Doyle, we’ve got it cracked.
It’s the midfield that makes it easy for the front players. Any half decent striker, put the ball in the right place for them and they should put it away.

Agreed. There were a couple of occasions late on last night where Oli Norwood completely abrogated responsibility.

The first one, the ball came out of the Forest penalty area towards him as he was moving forward. He must have had at least half the goal to aim at and have a shot, but no, he pushed it out wide for someone to put a cross in. In my head Tommy Doyle would have had a shot and smashed in the bottom corner.

Second one (in injury time, I believe) Norwood and Jack Robinson engaged in a bit of 'to you, to me' to create space for a cross. Norwood got the opportunity, but just rolled it back to Jack, who did put a cross in but overhit it. Norwood is a better crosser of the ball of the two, why didn't he take the responsibility? In my head, Tommy Doyle would have taken the responsibility, dropped it on Anel's head and we've scored another.

Still think we need another out and out midfielder. Doyle or O'Brien, either would do.

Still think we need another out and out midfielder. Doyle or O'Brien, either would do.
i think weve moved on from doyle weasel for the time being at least but would still like us to bring obrien in he would strenghen our left side which is where were conceding the goals just now

Agreed. There were a couple of occasions late on last night where Oli Norwood completely abrogated responsibility.

The first one, the ball came out of the Forest penalty area towards him as he was moving forward. He must have had at least half the goal to aim at and have a shot, but no, he pushed it out wide for someone to put a cross in. In my head Tommy Doyle would have had a shot and smashed in the bottom corner.

Second one (in injury time, I believe) Norwood and Jack Robinson engaged in a bit of 'to you, to me' to create space for a cross. Norwood got the opportunity, but just rolled it back to Jack, who did put a cross in but overhit it. Norwood is a better crosser of the ball of the two, why didn't he take the responsibility? In my head, Tommy Doyle would have taken the responsibility, dropped it on Anel's head and we've scored another.
Infuriating that. Absolutely shit his pants so passed the responsibility to Robinson.

Hecky said last night that the plan was for Hamer to play deeper. He’ll be the main decision maker at CM. Doyle really struggled in that support role to Norwood, especially with defensive discipline. He really came alive when the midfield was built around him. I think we’ve picked Hamer (rather than Davies) over Doyle

He drinks a whiskey drink, he drinks a vodka drink, he drinks a lager drink, he drinks a cider drink......

"Oooooh Chukky boy, Chukky boyyyyyy...
The Blades go down & then come up again,
No-ones ever gonna keep us down!" 🎶

Hecky said last night that the plan was for Hamer to play deeper. He’ll be the main decision maker at CM. Doyle really struggled in that support role to Norwood, especially with defensive discipline. He really came alive when the midfield was built around him. I think we’ve picked Hamer (rather than Davies) over Doyle
Isn't Hamer more that box-to-box player we wanted Berge to be? I think Souza is taking Doyle's spot.

Hamer doyle

Souza sitting

Pep sees Doyle as either an 8 or 10 but what does he know

Isn't Hamer more that box-to-box player we wanted Berge to be? I think Souza is taking Doyle's spot.
He can get forward because he’s such a talented player. But when we played Coventry on Boxing Day he was very much the deepest midfielder and I think that might be what we’ve, at least originally bought him for. He’ll still attack but I think he’ll mostly be ‘conducting’

Just seen an article that he’s signing permanently for Wolves for £4.3 million. Massive missed opportunity if so.
That was part of the deal wasn't it, perhaps to move the cost to the next tax year to reduce FFP liability

Like you say, opportunity missed

I hadn’t realised that. I thought I remembered us being told £9 million for him, still a bargain if you consider we supposedly paid that for Souza.
Yes you just can not believe it can you . When you look back at the shite we have bought and what we could have had paying the same amount of money is criminal . We bought 2 or 3 players for a couple of mill here 4 or 5 mill there and none of them should be anywhere near the first team squad and some of them are never going to play for the club so what is the point of buying them? We need quality not quantity ,complete waste of cash and a drain on the wages bill paying these guys for nothing .

Regardless, a 50% sell on clause is fucking ridiculous and an indictment of the state of the game. That the bigger clubs can cherry pick the best youngsters, bring them through and then implement such sell ons is a huge part of the problem.

Back
Top Bottom