Doyle?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He said we are done for attacking midfielders, someone asked is Doyle considered a AM, he said No. So I’d assume we are still after him.

Thing you read it wrong mate.. because we certainly are NOT done for attacking midfielders... in fact Hecky said in presser thats where his focus is now.

But in contrast we are indeed pretty stacked with central midfielders.

Thing you read it wrong mate.. because we certainly are NOT done for attacking midfielders... in fact Hecky said in presser thats where his focus is now.

But in contrast we are indeed pretty stacked with central midfielders.
Ok maybe I’ve read it wrong. I took his reply to the midfield question as we were done with AM, must have meant that’s the position we want.

Tbh that has pissed me off, I’m all for the Davies signing as it was a no brainer with him being free agent, but this would imply that Hecky has been told that free agent Davies is not a squad filler but is his premier league CM and not £20 million rated Tommy Doyle.

Doyle and McAtee were in all probability, only ever going to come to us on a loan basis only this season. Doyle because of salary cut/relegation cut etc, and McAtee as we couldn't afford him in a month of Sundays and he may have a future at City.

I could see either or even both still rocking up at United later this window but if they happen it will be nearer the deadline once City give it the green light. So, I wouldn't get into a twist about this one and instead hopefully we will see United strengthen with other players in the meantime. We might only be waiting for a couple of weeks anyway on the City duo.

Long term I can see Doyle coming her permanently. McAtee probably not.

Before Doyle came to us or at least in the lead up, Pep said he thought he could excel as a number 10.

When at Cardiff he player further forward and created more chances than anyone during the period.

Just because he is able to play the same role as Norwood well, let's not pigeon-hole him and suggest it's also the only role he could play.

If we didn't get Palmer or McAtee, Doyle would still be a worthy addition.

Certainly not on a permanent. Maybe a loan?
Personally wouldn't use a loan space on him given our needs at the top of the pitch.
I would, I dream of a Souza Doyle Hamer midfield with Norwood, Davies and Slimani as backups. Think it would be solid, creative and technically talented.

I also am convinced that Traore is going to be a good player, so 1 more AM/FW would be enough for me to play as a no.10 behind McBurnie or Jebbo.

I would, I dream of a Souza Doyle Hamer midfield with Norwood, Davies and Slimani as backups. Think it would be solid, creative and technically talented.

I also am convinced that Traore is going to be a good player, so 1 more AM/FW would be enough for me to play as a no.10 behind McBurnie or Jebbo.

I didn't see much creativity in Doyle last season and I'm not sure what the balance of those 3 would look like. Feels a bit mismatch to me.

If we have a few quid I'd probably spend it on Lewis O'Brien. At least then we'd have a permanent long term replacement for Fleck on the books.

We're going down anyway, he'd at least stay with us and be an asset.

Then do our best to bring in as many good attacking loans as possible at the end of the window and see what we can muddle up.

Won't be spending on OBrien if we're spending on a CF but depending on what happens we should revisit it with Forest at the end of the window, they might get real

I'm not against using a loan for Doyle if we can't get McAtee. Don't necessarily need to PL loan more than one attacking midfielder - which I'd hope to be Anderson or Chukwuemeka

Won't be spending on OBrien if we're spending on a CF but depending on what happens we should revisit it with Forest at the end of the window, they might get real

I'm not against using a loan for Doyle if we can't get McAtee. Don't necessarily need to PL loan more than one attacking midfielder - which I'd hope to be Anderson or Chukwuemeka

I only mean it in the sense that our remaining budget clearly stretch as far as a decent permanent CF signing.
They cost circa £20m, we seemingly have circa £10m.

That being the case, I'd rather us use the monies on something that benefits us long term given we're chucking the towel in on the short term.

Fair play, you sound very confident in your own ability. Are you creative enough to play the no. 10 role and how good are you at tracking back? ;)

well were not getting a striker if weve only got 10m might as well use that to get lewis obrien not saying pay 10m for him maybe 7m then bring doyle and a striker in on loan

I wonder if City are been canny and not letting Doyle out until we’ve played them ? Still think this may be a permanent deal . Loan wise who knows who we may get right at the end of the window.
How would that be a problem if loaned, as he wouldn’t be able to play against them ?
If a purchase then I doubt they would be too worried and could agree that the sale is not registered until 28th.

Thought the midfield was great tonight (mins 20-75). to say they hadn't trained much together. Souza dominates a game by the scruff of its neck and Hamer has the potential to be truly brilliant for us in a Premier League Micheal Brown way. Norwood was really good too. I'm just crossing my fingers that we get Tommy Doyle over the line (as insurance minimum to the above 3). Tommy would have a field day dictating play with Souza and Hamer next to him. The balance (without a leftie) would be unreal. 🤞

Thought the midfield was great tonight (mins 20-75). to say they hadn't trained much together. Souza dominates a game by the scruff of its neck and Hamer has the potential to be truly brilliant for us in a Premier League Micheal Brown way. Norwood was really good too. I'm just crossing my fingers that we get Tommy Doyle over the line (as insurance minimum to the above 3). Tommy would have a field day dictating play with Souza and Hamer next to him. The balance (without a leftie) would be unreal. 🤞

Stop it lad, Doyle ain't coming in a month of Sundays.

ITK score keepers put another -1 by Rocket Man

Back
Top Bottom