Player Suggestion Jordan Henderson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Champagneblade

Reaction score
If not, why not?

This is exactly the sort of signing Brighton made when they took in Welbeck and Lallana to give them valuable experience to establish themselves.

There’s talk of his agent getting him linked to Bayern and Dortmund which will not pan out in my view.

He’s just got loads of cash from the Middle East and is pining for home.

He’s a northern lad.

Liverpool won’t be interested. Neither will Man City nor Man U, not seeing Newcastle. Everton might fancy it, especially if they are forced to sell Onana.

Maybe a Fulham or a Wolves.

But surely his main focus is to get games so he has a chance to be included in the next England squads.

Joining the bottom team under a new manager and turning them around, playing every week would be a good platform to show his influence.

You could even argue the merits of signing him full time depending on his wage asks if a miracle happened and Wilder kept us up.

Of course we’d get nowhere near the money he’s on. But he’s earned more than enough for the year and it seems playing at home is what matters now.

If we are really serious about staying up then rather than just pay lip service you may as well have a go. It may impact the summer budget by a marginal amount yet finishing 18th rather than 20th would even offset that. It may even mean we have to blood Arblaster instead of signing an external midfielder. I’m fine with that if it’s a potential impact.

We want players who can come into the team and improve it, not just be average members of it.

If you have him Souza and Hamer as a three then you’d feel this could be competitive.

I’d concur we would not be first choice but as the window goes on, surely the chances increase if he’s not happy in Saudi?

It’s the sort of audacious signing Allardyce would have made in keeping a team up or kicking them on.

Just something we may wish to keep an eye on.

Ain't he on 700k a week?
No idea.

That’s not a realistic PL wage though is it? Not for him at his current age.

I’d be surprised if he got much north of 100k per week from anyone. 20 weeks work, 2m.

If that was the difference between staying up and not then it would be worth a punt. Wouldn’t it?

He might just find himself with nowhere to go.

Just saying if his family are desperate to return, it gets to 29th Jan and Sheff Utd put 100k per week until the summer on the table then it might be something he’d weigh up.

We’re still providing a Premier League platform. It’s not as if it’s Alfreton coming in for him or that team they beat 14-0!

I just think it’s one to monitor and we might rue not having our name in the hat.

Does he have a much higher profile than Ross Barkley? He was ok to head to Luton to stay in the PL. it wouldn’t be any more audacious than that really.

No idea.

That’s not a realistic PL wage though is it? Not for him at his current age.

I’d be surprised if he got much north of 100k per week from anyone. 20 weeks work, 2m.

If that was the difference between staying up and not then it would be worth a punt. Wouldn’t it?

He might just find himself with nowhere to go.

Just saying if his family are desperate to return, it gets to 29th Jan and Sheff Utd put 100k per week until the summer on the table then it might be something he’d weigh up.

We’re still providing a Premier League platform. It’s not as if it’s Alfreton coming in for him or that team they beat 14-0!

I just think it’s one to monitor and we might rue not having our name in the hat.

Does he have a much higher profile than Ross Barkley? He was ok to head to Luton to stay in the PL. it wouldn’t be any more audacious than that really.

We're struggling to meet Schmeichels wage demands.

Even if Henderson was 90k-100k it's not on the table for us.

Also if we signed a random player for 2mill that would be in installments.

The 2mill in Henderson's wages would be all in this remaining half a season.

Put this in the Firninho basket of unrealistic signings that's never going to happen.

I'll give you points for ambition.. sadly there's a difference between ambition and reality however.

So we offer him the sort of money that would fund 2-3 players in the summer in the hope he could rock up and turn us around in 17 games?
Money that once it’s gone there won’t be more?

Possibly one of the most unrealistic and therefore absurd suggestions ever

If not, why not?

This is exactly the sort of signing Brighton made when they took in Welbeck and Lallana to give them valuable experience to establish themselves.

There’s talk of his agent getting him linked to Bayern and Dortmund which will not pan out in my view.

He’s a northern lad.

Liverpool won’t be interested. Neither will Man City nor Man U, not seeing Newcastle. Everton might fancy it, especially if they are forced to sell Onana.

But surely his main focus is to get games so he has a chance to be included in the next England squads.

Joining the bottom team under a new manager and turning them around, playing every week would be a good platform to show his influence.

You could even argue the merits of signing him full time depending on his wage asks if a miracle happened and Wilder kept us up.

Of course we’d get nowhere near the money he’s on. But he’s earned more than enough for the year and it seems playing at home is what matters now.

If we are really serious about staying up then rather than just pay lip service you may as well have a go. It may impact the summer budget by a marginal amount yet finishing 18th rather than 20th would even offset that. It may even mean we have to blood Arblaster instead of signing an external midfielder. I’m fine with that if it’s a potential impact.

We want players who can come into the team and improve it, not just be average members of it.

If you have him Souza and Hamer as a three then you’d feel this could be competitive.

I’d concur we would not be first choice but as the window goes on, surely the chances increase if he’s not happy in Saudi?

It’s the sort of audacious signing Allardyce would have made in keeping a team up or kicking them on.

That’s twice you’ve made me laugh this morning.
To be fair, I found your Robert Downey Jr comment on the Wednesday thread hilarious & that got the biggest laugh - but this suggestion isn’t far behind on the
chuckle-o-meter.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did go to a Newcastle or even back to Liverpool.

We ain't meeting his wages without a massive drop.

If not, why not?

He’s a northern lad.

Bless

If not why not ?

You and I know the answer straight away but I always love your posts so I kept on reading .

You approach the subject rationally and argue well - but again , you and I know we are not serious about staying up - because we have no intention of spending whatever we probably could do if we had an owner who’s heart was in it

TBH I think he's on a downward trajectory and there are several other priority areas in the squad that would require any available resources to be used on them, ahead of central midfield.

He'd be a decent signing for an established Prem side wanting to bolster their squad and able to use him sparingly. Newcastle would be a decent option although it's obviously too late to keep them in the Champ League. Perhaps Brighton or West Ham would be interested given the number of games they both have left and interest in several competitions.

Prince has given the go ahead for a double swoop Henderson and Firmino, signed off a million a week in wages for the pair. Think Liverpool Seth!

Forgetting the money he's on , If he wants to come to the premier league to get into the next England squads thats United out of the question , since when do Blades players get picked for England ? When they've left is the answer !

Sounds like he's stuck there listening to the Saudi expert on talksport

The amount of time kids spend at school after Christmas and before half term gets shorter every year, doesn't it?

That’s twice you’ve made me laugh this morning.
To be fair, I found your Robert Downey Jr comment on the Wednesday thread hilarious & that got the biggest laugh - but this suggestion isn’t far behind on the
chuckle-o-meter.
I’m aiming for consistency. I don’t care how I get there 😂

I know you all think I lost my mind, but Martin Samuel started me on this trail of ambition. Blame Fatty!

I wouldn't be surprised if he did go to a Newcastle or even back to Liverpool.

We ain't meeting his wages without a massive drop.
Aye
Perfect if he’s hell bent on totally fucking up his ‘image’ :-
Jeered by England ‘fans’
Criticised for him prominence re BLM
Lambasted for hypocrisy re LGBQ+
Signs for the biggest rivals of the team he supports
Slavering rabid ding -a-ling Barton surely waiting in the wings

Must have the hide of a rhinoceros

For what it’s worth, he is a “canny lad”

Forgetting the money he's on , If he wants to come to the premier league to get into the next England squads thats United out of the question , since when do Blades players get picked for England ? When they've left is the answer !
Southgate would still play him for England even if he was a bench warmer at Worksop Town.

If not, why not?

He’s a northern lad.

I believe from a taxation perspective he would be better off in Europe for 18 months then becoming resident again in the UK

People chuck the 'keeping us up' line into these discussion a lot and throw in a 'worth a punt' as though there's nothing to lose.

According to the bookies, we currently have a 4% chance of staying up. I'd say that if we sign Henderson, that might increase it to 5% or 6%. Remember that we're going to need to pick up at least 26 points from our last 19 games (almost three times as many as from our first 19 games, which I don't think one player can realistically change.

So, we could have 96% chance of going down and save £2m, or a 94% chance of going down and be £3m* worse off (not to mention blocking the development of Brooks, Henderson could get injured in his first game, his wages could upset other players etc.).

That £3m would be much better off spent on retaining current players.

*Contracts tend to run to the end of June, plus there'd be a signing on fee, agent fees. etc. And I'm fairly sure he'd want for than £100k per week anyway, especially to play for a team at the bottom of the league.

People chuck the 'keeping us up' line into these discussion a lot and throw in a 'worth a punt' as though there's nothing to lose.

According to the bookies, we currently have a 4% chance of staying up. I'd say that if we sign Henderson, that might increase it to 5% or 6%. Remember that we're going to need to pick up at least 26 points from our last 19 games (almost three times as many as from our first 19 games, which I don't think one player can realistically change.

So, we could have 96% chance of going down and save £2m, or a 94% chance of going down and be £3m* worse off (not to mention blocking the development of Brooks, Henderson could get injured in his first game, his wages could upset other players etc.).

*Contracts tend to run to the end of June, plus there'd be a signing on fee, agent fees. etc. And I'm fairly sure he'd want for than £100k per week anyway, especially to play for a team at the bottom of the league.

Attachments

• IMG_1949.jpeg
    IMG_1949.jpeg
    191.2 KB · Views: 8

Thing is I don't think it will pan out this way but we do currently have possibly a favourable run of games. We'll sort of.

If we were to win say 3 out of the next 4 or 5 we would likely close the gap on 4th bottom.

And there is always the chance forest get deducted points too.

This all said I don't think Henderson unless it's cut price is worth a deal.
Schmeichal though, I would say yes he is.

Thing is I don't think it will pan out this way but we do currently have possibly a favourable run of games. We'll sort of.

If we were to win say 3 out of the next 4 or 5 we would likely close the gap on 4th bottom.

And there is always the chance forest get deducted points too.

This all said I don't think Henderson unless it's cut price is worth a deal.
Schmeichal though, I would say yes he is.
Forest wont get a p deduction this year, the case hasn't even been set or heard yet. So I wouldn't get my hopes up on that.

Forest wont get a p deduction this year, the case hasn't even been set or heard yet. So I wouldn't get my hopes up on that.
Theu have sped up the process and they'll find out if they are being charged this or next week but honestly i am not expecting that to help us

Back
Top Bottom