Manager Suggestion Kieran McKenna anyone?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can we put this to bed once and for all? I live near Ipswich so have lots of Ipswich supporting mates who are talking about him in the same breath as Bobby Robson. They can't believe their luck at the moment, great manager and great owners. McKenna is no more likely to come to us than Pep or Klopp, he has backing from the board financially that Hecky can only dream about, he will probably be on more money than Hecky and will have a bigger transfer pot than Hecky should he, which looks likely get promoted to the PL.
On a personal level, he has just moved his family from the North West down to Suffolk and he turned down the chance to speak to Brighton when Potter left for Chelsea. He is an ex Man United coach and I suspect should he continue his upward trajectory then he will end up back at Old Trafford at some point.

if he doesnt want to come then perhaps thats for the best
weve got plenty of miserable fannies with no fight as it is
as evidenced by your post
Aye
As opposed to ‘combative’ Fannie’s that think(?) our clubs current malaise will be resolved by & through unwavering / uncritical support & ignoring / ignorance of reality

Are we bigger than Ipswich though....genuine question?
No. Similar. We've more history but honours are about even

League titles - 1 each (1897/98 for United, 1961/62 for Ipswich)
Runners up - 2 each (1867/97, 1900/01 for United;
FA Cups - United 4 (1899, 1902, 1915, 1925); Ipswich 1 (1978)
UEFA Cups - United 0 (never played in Europe); Ipswich 1 (1981)

Since election to the Football League in 1938, Ipswich have never been in the fourth tier. In fact, our league records in terms of seasons spent in each tier are pretty much identical.
1701267374467.png

Portman Road holds 29.5k; Bramall Lane holds 30.8k. Ipswich has considerably fewer people (139k vs 584k for Sheffield) but Ipswich Town is the only league club in the county of Suffolk (785k). There are nearly twice as many people in South Yorkshire (1.4m) but there are also five league clubs.

May as well be - exaggerated to make a point - but you knew that didn’t you ? - whilst you (continue to) ignore the fundamental point - we are (currently) far less attractive to McKenna than Ipswich
ie the suggestion that he’d ‘ abandon’ them for us is as ludicrous as Pep leaving City for anyone else - apart from maybe a bigger, better resourced, financially rewa

Aye
As opposed to ‘combative’ Fannie’s that think(?) our clubs current malaise will be resolved by & through unwavering / uncritical support & ignoring / ignorance of reality

No. Similar. We've more history but honours are about even

League titles - 1 each (1897/98 for United, 1961/62 for Ipswich)
Runners up - 2 each (1867/97, 1900/01 for United;
FA Cups - United 4 (1899, 1902, 1915, 1925); Ipswich 1 (1978)
UEFA Cups - United 0 (never played in Europe); Ipswich 1 (1981)

Since election to the Football League in 1938, Ipswich have never been in the fourth tier. In fact, our league records in terms of seasons spent in each tier are pretty much identical.
View attachment 175342

Portman Road holds 29.5k; Bramall Lane holds 30.8k. Ipswich has considerably fewer people (139k vs 584k for Sheffield) but Ipswich Town is the only league club in the county of Suffolk (785k). There are nearly twice as many people in South Yorkshire (1.4m) but there are also five league clubs.
Have you read Sir Alf by Leo McKinstry? Very interesting read. Chairman John Cobbold a very interesting character!

The investment company behind them is reportedly worth $10bn.

He’d be mad to come here, they will spend more than us this January.
I’ll spend more than us in January on my birthday meal. I’d only need to go to Greggs…

Back
Top Bottom