Match Thread Sheffield United v. Chelsea - 7th February 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
CHE
CHE
CHE
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1612610858182.png v.1612610879096.png
EPL Week 23 - Sunday 7th February 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-chelsea.531/

Officials:

Referee:
Kevin Friend
Assistant Referee: Simon Beck
Assistant Referee: Eddie Smart
Fourth Official: Andy Madley
Video Assistant Referee: Simon Hooper
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Timothy Wood

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-02-06 at 11.29.59.png

Am i wrong with this opinion in that McBurnie has had a really bad non-effective game?
No , he's fuckin rubbish. Still don't know what his role is or what he's meant to bring. Knocked off ball easily,poor passing,slow and the headers he occassionally wins more often than not find an opponent.

I don’t expect us to out play them, it just feels like we’ve shown them far too much respect. They didn’t look a particularly great side, obviously better than us, but not that good.
Just that extra bit of quality that they all seem to have and we don’t.

The job becomes much easier if there is a player who doesn't need his second touch to be a tackle

Poor quality control kills so many moves before they even happen

Player receives the ball, a man in 50 yards of space to his right/left and a poor touch makes it impossible to build a move.

Same every game and the clubs aversion to skillful quality players will fuck us up constantly

The gulf in quality was clear. We just didn’t lay a glove on them at all in any way. Didn’t help that after being gifted a route back into the game we just gave them a winner on a plate.

Needed 9 wins before this game and today wasn’t one of the remaining games you would’ve picked out. Back to the cup to gain some momentum

He didn’t learn Bryan after the first back pass he didn’t it again like a minute later. Dear me.

He shouldn’t be playing anywhere near the Premier League. It’s not his fault, it’s just the situation we’ve gotten ourselves into with recruitment.

Game was there to get something from.

Horrendously poor from us hardly found a good touch or bit of composure to play out all night.

ignore post - forum seems to have gone a bit mentle.

Lowe and Bryan will be playing in league 1 or lower in the next few years.
Our midfield just lacks any mobility.
Mcburnie runs around with his arms out like a 3 year old girl and the ball bounces off him every time he gets it.

Bogle continues to be our only real shining light. That and Billy Sharp at 35 still looks like our best striking option.

Fine margins. As frustrating as it is we're not getting hammered. Liverpool have been hammered at home, we haven't done bad when you compare.

We gave Chelsea two goals and they gave us one. Thats it. It wasnt a penalty though.
Funny how we get 10 shots analysis of their penalty claim but one quick shot of McBurnies penalty claim.

Mcburnie runs around with his arms out like a 3 year old girl and the ball bounces off him every time he gets it.

said same thing to my son runs like a girl from the elbows out.

Chelsea were slick in midfield,practically every loose ball was picked up by one of the players.

Our defense went kamikaze for a few minutes after the own goal,Chelsea capitalised i think the pen was harsh on Ramsdale,Werner's knee caught him in the chops.

We have seen games like this all season.

No impetus, misplaced passing and its first part of the seasonitis all over again. This is crap. Oh and a goalkeeper who dives out the way of a half arsed soft shot penalty.
Stop blaming Ramsdale for every goal, should he save every penalty now. That was a good penalty

How is it so difficult to understand McBurnie is better with ball to feet, 30 seconds in quality pass to Burke. Then 45 mins of hoof ball. Feel sorry for the bloke
Great chance. If only it was McBurnie on the end of it..

You have to be honest and say Chelsea controlled the game, but there were a lot of good performers

Good = Egan/ Bash/ Bogle / Fleck/ Lunny/ Goldy/ Billy
Bad= Lowe
Very Bad= McBurnie

Considering how depleted we are, and the quality of opposition, I don't want to complain too much. But we did do some really dopey shit tonight.

Am i wrong with this opinion in that McBurnie has had a really bad non-effective game?
What about his ball for Burke that should have seen us go 1.0 up ? I don't think McBurmie is anything like our biggest problem...especially seeing as he's been out for a month.

Unless we sign some.midfielders who are comfortable on the ball we will always be playing this form of chase the ball

squad isn’t good enough, simple, don’t pay wages don’t get quality

Stop blaming Ramsdale for every goal, should he save every penalty now. That was a good penalty
Really. When I played in goal I didn't dive out the way of a penalty. I watched the ball, which is why I had quite a good record saving them.

When you’ve got players like Bryan, Lowe & Norwood on the pitch what do you expect against Chelsea? Who I thought were quite ordinary tonite. Chris, your insistence on playing Norwood who’s legs have gone is a major contribution to our relegation this year. Also apart from the necessary changes why be tinker man? We should have started with Sharp & Dids - we aren’t good enough to fuck about. It’s over boys let’s focus on the Championship.

The inevitable goal has arrived. First shot.
Having Ramsdale that can only mean one thing.. First goal.
Lee Abrahams: Wilder has one plan, defensive counter attacking football and then when they (inevitably) concede he just throws on as many strikers as possible. He’s been massively found out this year.

Back
Top Bottom