Match Thread Sheffield United v. Chelsea - 7th February 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
CHE
CHE
CHE
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1612610858182.png v.1612610879096.png
EPL Week 23 - Sunday 7th February 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-chelsea.531/

Officials:

Referee:
Kevin Friend
Assistant Referee: Simon Beck
Assistant Referee: Eddie Smart
Fourth Official: Andy Madley
Video Assistant Referee: Simon Hooper
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Timothy Wood

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-02-06 at 11.29.59.png

Actually got a shock tonight.

Played a terrific forward ball to Burke in the first minute, but then ambled around (as per) and did SFA to affect the game for the next 90.

Works his bollocks off though 😂😂😉😂😂.

UTB

We've spent enough money to play a five yard ball. We've spent poorly and that is Chris's fault. Love him but the Prince is right.

You have to be honest and say Chelsea controlled the game, but there were a lot of good performers

Good = Egan/ Bash/ Bogle / Fleck/ Lunny/ Goldy/ Billy
Bad= Lowe
Very Bad= McBurnie

What did Didsy do to be pronounced good? Bogle was up and down as was Lunny. Looks like just a dig at McBurnie.

As an aside, When we all know Billy’s strengths are in the box, why when he comes on do we stop playing down the flanks and hoof it up to him?

Losing against top half teams dont get you relegated, its winning against bottom half teams that keep you up, unfortunately we've only got 6 bottom half teams to play.
In my opinion we are playing a lot better in the last few weeks but it will be the way we played in the first half of the season that will ultimately get us relegated

What about his ball for Burke that should have seen us go 1.0 up ? I don't think McBurmie is anything like our biggest problem...especially seeing as he's been out for a month.

Unless we sign some.midfielders who are comfortable on the ball we will always be playing this form of chase the ball
I agree he isnt our biggest problem, and was a good ball for Burke, outside of that he seemed to plod around the pitch and not do a great deal.

Result was about right but frustrating as Chelsea were not that good. Accept they are going to have majority of possession but when we did get the ball we were so poor with it. Players to stationery, take to long to make a decision and poor first touch and cannot do simple basics at times. We just lack basic qualities required at this level.

What about his ball for Burke that should have seen us go 1.0 up ? I don't think McBurmie is anything like our biggest problem...especially seeing as he's been out for a month.

Unless we sign some.midfielders who are comfortable on the ball we will always be playing this form of chase the ball
Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't have McB as the problem. He created our goal. If only we played it more to his feet as that's where he is more effective.

Never mind Mousset and Bournemouth having our pants down, that award must go to Swansea and McBurnie. Never in my days have I seen a less attacking threat, knocked off the ball easily, head like a fifty pence piece, can’t trap a ball to save his life. Chris Wilder is totally to blame, his transfer dealings are inept to say the least. He’s very, very lucky he’s still in his job. Who are the fucking scouts down at the Lane? They need sacking tomorrow. The club is being run like a fucking pub team at the moment, I’m done for this season, I will not watch one minute more of this fucking shite.

It wasn’t Ramsdale and it wasn’t Mcburnie..: it was giving the ball away in midfield all the time not keeping possession!

Oh and a lot of our fans are the biggest moaning scapegoating tossers in football !!!
Stop moaning and using our fans as scapegoats.

Really. When I played in goal I didn't dive out the way of a penalty. I watched the ball, which is why I had quite a good record saving them.
Where was that, school boys under 5s?

We could do with a midfielder thats runs about like Lundstrum but can pick a pass and a midfielder that can pass a ball like Norwood but runs about. LUNDWOOD, does this concept exixt?

Good idea that......maybe you should tell every goalkeeper in the entire fucking world then.
Well as my stepfather was a very good goalkeeper I'll stick with his advice thanks. Watch the ball not hard is it? If the shot is good it'll beat you. Crap shot just waited for Ramsdale to dive out the way.

Hodgy would be turning in his grave watching that.

When you’ve got players like Bryan, Lowe & Norwood on the pitch what do you expect against Chelsea? Who I thought were quite ordinary tonite. Chris, your insistence on playing Norwood who’s legs have gone is a major contribution to our relegation this year. Also apart from the necessary changes why be tinker man? We should have started with Sharp & Dids - we aren’t good enough to fuck about. It’s over boys let’s focus on the Championship.
Who are you wanting ahead of Norwood

We werent expecting to get a point out of this match anyway so not that disappointed.

Lets forget about this match and bring on the FA Cup!

We could do with a midfielder thats runs about like Lundstrum but can pick a pass and a midfielder that can pass a ball like Norwood but runs about. LUNDWOOD, does this concept exixt?
Yeah. It'll cost us about £50m and £150 grand a week 😉

Well as my stepfather was a very good goalkeeper I'll stick with his advice thanks. Watch the ball not hard is it? If the shot is good it'll beat you. Crap shot just waited for Ramsdale to dive out the way.

Aye and by the the time you’ve watched it it’s past you before you can move. It’s not 1963 anymore, the game has moved on. There’s a reason goalkeepers don’t wait for the ball to be kicked, they’d never get anywhere near a penalty if they did.

To me Lowe isn't there yet ( not sure he will be), Bryan, for me, good at LWB liability at CB, Lunny had another meh! game. And we looked far better with Mcgoldrick and Sharp on the pitch which is worrying. I thought McBurnie was ok when the ball was to his feet. Norwood was anonymous.
Love souness's comment about the penalty did his best to avoid saying Werner was a cheating diving foreign twat 🤣

i mean im not a ref, and by no means an expert. by the laws of the game you might be correct,
i would not be screaming for a penalty, you dont know that. id think of it a fortutious pen which id be happy for but would still have the same view.

i suppose it depends what side you fall on, for me, this is a contact sport and not a game of who can be the most crafty and 'buy fouls'
the guy had a chance to play football and would have most likely scored, but decided to instead take an easy path and buy a pen which is sad veiwing for football fans in my opinion
Souness has just hit the nail on the head. Werner overhits it, makes no attempt to avoid Ramsdale and piles into him. Not a penalty for me.

Not got a bad record with penaltys has he jojinho cant all be keepers diving out of the way surely?

Aye and by the the time you’ve watched it it’s past you before you can move. It’s not 1963 anymore, the game has moved on. There’s a reason goalkeepers don’t wait for the ball to be kicked, they’d never get anywhere near a penalty if they did.
If its a good pen, nobody expects a keeper to save it. Problem is now, is that keepers are coached to try and predict where every shot goes before the player strikes it, rather than react to it after the ball is kicked.

If its a good pen, nobody expects a keeper to save it. Problem is now, is that keepers are coached to try and predict where every shot goes before the player strikes it, rather than react to it after the ball is kicked.

Of course they are, if they wait for it to be kicked, they’ve got no chance.

Never mind Mousset and Bournemouth having our pants down, that award must go to Swansea and McBurnie. Never in my days have I seen a less attacking threat, knocked off the ball easily, head like a fifty pence piece, can’t trap a ball to save his life. Chris Wilder is totally to blame, his transfer dealings are inept to say the least. He’s very, very lucky he’s still in his job. Who are the fucking scouts down at the Lane? They need sacking tomorrow. The club is being run like a fucking pub team at the moment, I’m done for this season, I will not watch one minute more of this fucking shite.
Tara

Of course they are, if they wait for it to be kicked, they’ve got no chance.
Plenty of pens go straight down the middle or a metre either side. I would expect my keeper to save those. Or at least get near it. Sick of keepers making they mind up before player has touched the ball.

Back
Top Bottom