Match Thread Sheffield United v. Chelsea - 7th February 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
CHE
CHE
CHE
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1612610858182.png v.1612610879096.png
EPL Week 23 - Sunday 7th February 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-chelsea.531/

Officials:

Referee:
Kevin Friend
Assistant Referee: Simon Beck
Assistant Referee: Eddie Smart
Fourth Official: Andy Madley
Video Assistant Referee: Simon Hooper
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Timothy Wood

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-02-06 at 11.29.59.png

ramsdales dived to one side, balls been poked other way, but after that point ramsdales not moved an inch from diving. he could have ran in any direction but decided to run through ramsdale
No he didn’t he went to the right the ball left if he’d not been stopped by Ramsdale he would have scored

It doesn’t matter if he was looking to make contact, he’s got the ball so any contact by the keeper is always going to be a penalty if the keeper doesn’t get the ball.

If it was a United player brought down like that you’d be screaming for a penalty.
i mean im not a ref, and by no means an expert. by the laws of the game you might be correct,
i would not be screaming for a penalty, you dont know that. id think of it a fortutious pen which id be happy for but would still have the same view.

i suppose it depends what side you fall on, for me, this is a contact sport and not a game of who can be the most crafty and 'buy fouls'
the guy had a chance to play football and would have most likely scored, but decided to instead take an easy path and buy a pen which is sad veiwing for football fans in my opinion

We're tiring, they bring on one of the most mobile, aggresive midfielders in football. Frustrating but what can we do realistically

Not holding onto the ball enough, and they keep it so well.. just need to get one chance and take it.

Am i wrong with this opinion in that McBurnie has had a really bad non-effective game?
He has, we’ve not created much either though. It’s not been a bad performance at all, a game We possibly could have got something from

We lost because of FEAR!

We are good enough to against these teams.

Roll on next season to get our mojo back.

It has been yet another solid performance, against a top side. What do people expect? The worst team in the league to outplay Chelsea?

I don’t expect us to out play them, it just feels like we’ve shown them far too much respect. They didn’t look a particularly great side, obviously better than us, but not that good.

Back
Top Bottom