Match Thread Sheffield United v. Chelsea - 7th February 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
CHE
CHE
CHE
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1612610858182.png v.1612610879096.png
EPL Week 23 - Sunday 7th February 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-chelsea.531/

Officials:

Referee:
Kevin Friend
Assistant Referee: Simon Beck
Assistant Referee: Eddie Smart
Fourth Official: Andy Madley
Video Assistant Referee: Simon Hooper
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Timothy Wood

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-02-06 at 11.29.59.png

We started well and Burke should have tested the keeper within the first minute. We were the better team for the first twenty minutes or so but by the break Chelsea had gained the momentum. They scored a good goal but cut through us way too easily. Second half was much more sloppy from both sides. They gifted us a goal and we repaid the favour. We gave the way far too easily and it didn't stick upfront for much of the game. However, Chelsea were a close second in slackness.

Ramsdale - 5.5 - Started off the first half jump, charged out and missed one which Basham covered for him. Looked a bit all over the shop but settled. Didn't have much to do. Wild again for their penalty and nowhere near the ball. Hardly his fault he was put in that situation but a bit rash. His timing of his charges out of goal is iffy, at best.
Lowe - 5.5 - Didn't get forward that much and sloppy at the back. It must be difficult playing a few games here and there but he's not looked good enough defensively so far.
Bryan - 6 - Dreadful error for their second and looked shaky in the second half when all the team did. Had a good first half though and has looked a lot better than he did when he first joined.
Egan - 6 - Made a few careless passes and charged up front (which seems to be a thing, but we don't seem to have the cover on when it happens). Generally solid against their bog lug.
Basham 5.5 - Got booked early and looked a bit uncertain with Werner. Got forward a few times but looked a bit all over at times. Tough evening for him
Bogle - 6.5 - Once again one of our best attacking players but at the back he didn't look very solid, at times. Gets up and down well but needs to improve on the defensive side.
Fleck - 7 .5 - Back to his best. Had a great run second half when he confused everyone by using his right foot. Looked good going forward and steady in the middle. Man of the Match for me
Norwood - 5.5 - Put a couple of great balls into the box but sloppy in the middle. Gave the ball away dangerously on more than one occasions and doesn't do enough to get it back.
Lundstram - 6 - Mixed game. Does some really good things but then ruins it by being sloppy or making the wrong decisions
Burke - 5 - Had a great chance early on and should have worked the keeper. Got in another really good position and hassled Rudiger for his error. The problem is, he just looks a little lost playing as a striker. He's not got the finishing for it position and would be much better as a wide man in a 3
McBurnie - 5.5 - Poor first half. Didn't have a great deal to work with but the ball simply didn't stick enough and by half time was just coming straight back. He didn't have a lot to work with in fairness and improved as the game went on, with a decent run and dive

Subs

Sharp - 6 - Did a much better job of holding the ball up and a decent effort at the end. Suprised he didn't start tbh, just given the lack of form for everyone else.
McGoldrick - 5.5 - We looked much better with him on the pitch but in all fairness we had an extra man or two upfront. On a couple of occasions was too slow in making a decision
Brewster - 5 - Didn't have much really apart from a late shot

Wilder - 6.5 - Lots of players out and questionable to not fill the bench again. It feels like he's making a point more than anything at this stage. We matched Chelsea for much of the first half and played ok without creating that much (or giving much away). We were much sloppier second half and stupid errors crept in.

Chelsea - Looked poor to me. I thought Christiansen and Rudiger (despite the own goal) both played well and kept our strikers quiet. Don't look like a top 4 side.

Plenty of pens go straight down the middle or a metre either side. I would expect my keeper to save those.

It’s like a game of chess though innit. If keepers start regularly staying in the middle, players are just going to start putting the ball further away in the corners.

There’s a reason it’s taught the way it is in literally every club in the world. Goalkeepers do their homework and work out where a player might put a penalty but the quality at the very highest level is that good now that they can change their mind at the last second.

Well as my stepfather was a very good goalkeeper I'll stick with his advice thanks. Watch the ball not hard is it? If the shot is good it'll beat you. Crap shot just waited for Ramsdale to dive out the way.

Hodgy would be turning in his grave watching that.
Jorginho has scored 27 penalties and missed 4. Champions League, internationals, serie A and prem.

There must be a lot of crap keepers around then.

What did Didsy do to be pronounced good? Bogle was up and down as was Lunny. Looks like just a dig at McBurnie.

As an aside, When we all know Billy’s strengths are in the box, why when he comes on do we stop playing down the flanks and hoof it up to him?

Your right it was- the great big pansy makes my blood boil, without doubt Madine was far better. What a complete waste of 20 million pounds he is. He is undeniably shite.

Souness has just hit the nail on the head. Werner overhits it, makes no attempt to avoid Ramsdale and piles into him. Not a penalty for me.
i thinks thats half the problem nowadays. giving away decisions like that. these are the cream of the crop in the sport they are playing, its unfathomable the amount of nouse they have for their craft and how they can play the game and the system. he knew what he was doing and the rules allowed him to do it

I don’t think we’ve played badly at all. They’ve just managed the game extremely well and are a very good team. Their team is much better than ours.
According to many on here the fact they are a very good team that has nothing to do with it

I agree we did ok without the ball but got undone once through maybe poor defending and then with ( cough) poor defending again

I'd perhaps have included Jags tonight move Egan across and stick Bryan at LWB.
As an aside is this the maximum number of Oliver's allowed in a team?
It’s a shame none of the Oli’s are decent at football

Souness has just hit the nail on the head. Werner overhits it, makes no attempt to avoid Ramsdale and piles into him. Not a penalty for me.
I agree with Souness. He had plenty of time to avoid a collision and could have caused a serious injury.

Here we go again, so you think this is good to watch Tom Heffernan?? Fuck off keyboard hardman. Go and have a wank over our Chris and the complete shit he’s turned this side into. You and the rest of the arseholes on this forum deserve it.
I've got a feeling you will continue to watch the blades until end of season.

Here we go again, so you think this is good to watch Tom Heffernan?? Fuck off keyboard hardman. Go and have a wank over our Chris and the complete shit he’s turned this side into. You and the rest of the arseholes on this forum deserve it.
How is saying “Tara” acting like a keyboard hardman? You said you weren’t watching anymore and I said “Tara”.

I recon not saying “Tara” would have been most rude of me seeing as it looks like it might be some time before we see you again. 😢

🤣

You know like we’ve had Jimmy Fleck earlier in the season, would Olive from on the buses be a better bet up top ?

Just a thought !

UTB

I seriously need to delete my account from this forum for my own sanity. Constructive criticism meant by sarcastic remarks, I can’t take it any more. Does anyone know how to delete your account??? Thanks.

Chelsea's cheating players get away with it again the ball was overhit, Verner ran into Rammers and could have seriously damaged him, but Egan should not have put Lowe in that position. Disapointed that although we were outclassed, if we would have applied ourselves like we did in the first few mins of this match a bit more, we could have got a result.

How is saying “Tara” acting like a keyboard hardman? You said you weren’t watching anymore and I said “Tara”.

I recon not saying “Tara” would have been most rude of me seeing as it looks like it might be some time before we see you again. 😢

🤣
Seriously?? Sarcasm the lowest form of wit. Why be sarcastic? It’s my own view, I’m venting, suck it up, do I agree with everything you say on here? No, but I don’t then act like a four year old child. You will be so pleased to know I want to delete my account for my own sanity. This isn’t a forum anymore it’s like a fucking nursery. I expect your next fucking emoji shortly, cheers.

Yes of course
I'm not trying to give running commentary, just short bullet points.

Other clubs generate more income so it enables them to spend more.

This can be sponsorship, higher league finishes, winning competitions, qualifying for competitions, corporate and private hospitality, and even selling players for proper serious money.

We are miles behind in each department and it will start to improve if we pay the salaries that players want, and get the players we want.

The other things follow on from that once you become a viable Premier League club that doesn't get switched off when they come on TV

Fine margins. As frustrating as it is we're not getting hammered. Liverpool have been hammered at home, we haven't done bad when you compare.
Wearing a bit thin this
We won't get hammered when we don't come out to play.

Teams will realise that we offer no threat whatsoever and basically have a day off.

They'll keep the ball, move it around probe, and eventually we'll offer them something on a plate without them trying too hard.

If they then relax so much that one of them shoves the ball past their own goalkeeper they can just step it up to 50% instead of 10% and we'll find a way to give them another.

It's beyond amateur

I seriously need to delete my account from this forum for my own sanity. Constructive criticism meant by sarcastic remarks, I can’t take it any more. Does anyone know how to delete your account??? Thanks.
Just log off and don't log back in again. It will achieve the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom