Mason Holgate racist abuse

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I would be amazed if any blades were behind this - I don’t believe that any are. Our heroes are Deane, Agana and more recently Walker amongst others. Anybody chanting racist abuse would be ironed out / shouted down by our fans before the stewards could eject them.

Like when Saka, Rashford and Sancho missed pens for England, the social media accounts were traced to places like Russia, Eastern Europe and the Far East.

I would be amazed if any blades were behind this - I don’t believe that any are. Our heroes are Deane, Agana and more recently Walker amongst others. Anybody chanting racist abuse would be ironed out / shouted down by our fans before the stewards could eject them.

Like when Saka, Rashford and Sancho missed pens for England, the social media accounts were traced to places like Russia, Eastern Europe and the Far East.
Charming, not even a mention of Iliman!!!! Disgusting! 😉😂😁

WTF…the colour of a persons skin has nothing to do with how shit he is as a footballer.
Are we Wednesday in disguise? Disgusted.
I appreciate all teams have fans who are racist, I have them in my family.

This however is the least we need as a club/family when trying to stay together - United

WTF…the colour of a persons skin has nothing to do with how shit he is as a footballer.

This however is the least we need as a club/family when trying to stay together - United
These arent Blades, they're trolls from allover the world. We arent crying about Mitoma getting assaulted like the racist virgins are.

Sadly there's a significant minority of morons around the world. Social media makes it too easy

You are joking … don’t think for one minute think that we don’t have bile racists amongst our fan base

Global game global TV audience global arsehole racists unfortunately

We? You think most of those we United fans??
Have you even seen the post Mason put on?

Not condoning this abuse whatsoever. The morons need tracking down and dealt with severely. BUT we all know that aint gong to happen.
Anyway, to my point. Surely media pundits such as Jamie Redknapp have fueled this situation by referring to the tackle as "scandalous". Surely completely the wrong word - causing general public outrage by a perceived offence against morality or law. Then saying it was one of the worst tackles he has seen, even when he was playing. He obviously doesn't watch much football then and has a very selective memory. Add to that other headlines using words such as horrific, horrendous etc. It was a bad tackle, unbelievably mistimed but using this type of language to describe it is a massive over reaction and has surely "over highlighted" the tackle country and world wide. I seem to remember Vini being on the end of a much worse challenge earlier in the season which was completely ignored. Perhaps the game being live on Sky has given it more attention. Its time these media types actually thought about what they are saying/language they are using before spouting their shit every week.

Not condoning this abuse whatsoever. The morons need tracking down and dealt with severely. BUT we all know that aint gong to happen.
Anyway, to my point. Surely media pundits such as Jamie Redknapp have fueled this situation by referring to the tackle as "scandalous". Surely completely the wrong word - causing general public outrage by a perceived offence against morality or law. Then saying it was one of the worst tackles he has seen, even when he was playing. He obviously doesn't watch much football then and has a very selective memory. Add to that other headlines using words such as horrific, horrendous etc. It was a bad tackle, unbelievably mistimed but using this type of language to describe it is a massive over reaction and has surely "over highlighted" the tackle country and world wide. I seem to remember Vini being on the end of a much worse challenge earlier in the season which was completely ignored. Perhaps the game being live on Sky has given it more attention. Its time these media types actually thought about what they are saying/language they are using before spouting their shit every week.
Redknapp of course knows all about horror tackles.

It was a mistimed tackled that ended up with him catching him above the knee and was correctly given as a red card.

It wasn’t anywhere near the worst tackle anyone has seen and it just shows what a soft fanny Jamie Redknapp is.

There are plenty of stuff in an around the ankles for which I’m amazed don’t end up with broken bones. No such danger here.

The one by Onyeka was far worse. The Nuñez wraparound tackle was far more likely to lead to injury IMHO.

Its time these media types actually thought about what they are saying/language they are using before spouting their shit every week.
Couldn't agree more! They obviously have to give an instant opinion and I wonder whether the TV companies give them much guidance regarding what can and can't be said? There must be legal implications at times.

It was a mistimed tackled that ended up with him catching him above the knee and was correctly given as a red card.

It wasn’t anywhere near the worst tackle anyone has seen and it just shows what a soft fanny Jamie Redknapp is.

There are plenty of stuff in an around the ankles for which I’m amazed don’t end up with broken bones. No such danger here.

The one by Onyeka was far worse. The Nuñez wraparound tackle was far more likely to lead to injury IMHO.
This⬆️

It’s difficult to think of a worse tackle than Roy Keane on Allie Haaland, regardless of what had gone on between them. Now Keane is a respected pundit by many.

I don’t think what Redknapp says hugely influenced Holgate getting abuse - he would have likely received it anyway from keyboard warriors all over the world.

Tough on the lad, but he’s got to get his head down and respond. He owes himself and us, fuck the morons.

It think Redknapp only needs to look at the history of Liverpool to see what a ‘scandalous’ tackle is. For reference I give him Graham Souness and Tommy Smoth.

I don’t think what Redknapp says hugely influenced Holgate getting abuse - he would have likely received it anyway from keyboard warriors all over the world.
Agree to a point, but I think headlines and the words used will surely have caught more peoples attention than usual. This is why I think its fueled the situation and led to more of the morons posting their vile shit.

It’s difficult to think of a worse tackle than Roy Keane on Allie Haaland, regardless of what had gone on between them. Now Keane is a respected pundit by many.

Tough on the lad, but he’s got to get his head down and respond. He owes himself and us, fuck the morons.
Not sure I agree with you here. There have been people suggesting that several of those racist fans are from overseas. How else would people from the other side of the world know this was a thing if it wasn't publicized so loudly?

Not sure I agree with you here. There have been people suggesting that several of those racist fans are from overseas. How else would people from the other side of the world know this was a thing if it wasn't publicized so loudly?
Maybe, but presume would depend on whether they watched the Sky feed which Redknapp was on.

Certain people need little encouragement to be racist, I accept that. Just a sorry episode all round.

Maybe, but presume would depend on whether they watched the Sky feed which Redknapp was on.

Certain people need little encouragement to be racist, I accept that. Just a sorry episode all round.
They'd have seen it on social media. That's where me and probably a lot of people on here might have seen it

The reporting on this matter is pathetic.
It has been reported in such a way that anybody reading most reports will assume that when he was walking off the pitch he was getting racist abuse and this continued online.
The club has offered support and promised to help in finding these people, and this has also been reported in a way that makes it sound like United fans are the guilty party

Back
Top Bottom