MOTD .. KNOWLEDGE ?.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

JOE SHAW 1956

Reaction score
As we hardly ever win or draw I haven't watched us on MOTD , and I stopped watching it years ago it's so boring and over hyped . Plus the reviewers or whatever they're called salivate over the top six like babies !. šŸ˜Š. My irritation is there lack of information on the lower teams or is it lack of use of that information ?. He mentioned that poor Solanke hadn't fully trained ..bless. and that was it ?. No mention of our horrendous ongoing injuries ?, I know we are shit at the moment but with even Egan or Bash perhaps or Holgate ! they don't score either of those goals and many more that we've conceded from crosses etc. And that's just SOME of the defence not to mention the rest !. I know our squad is weak at this level ,but that makes the injury situation more acute , I just wish that some of the media would at least mention it ?. Wilder did his best in the post match interview but it sounds like excuses when it's really just fact . šŸ˜’ Bournemouth like Brentford have been in the bottom 2 divisions for most of my lifetime and have won nothing...like us lol. šŸ˜Š But we have had more than 60 seasons in the top flight ,won every division & 4 FA Cups , I think that should earn us at least the same respect no matter what state we are in playing wise as poxy Bournemouth ?. Rant over .....šŸ˜†

As we hardly ever win or draw I haven't watched us on MOTD , and I stopped watching it years ago it's so boring and over hyped . Plus the reviewers or whatever they're called salivate over the top six like babies !. šŸ˜Š. My irritation is there lack of information on the lower teams or is it lack of use of that information ?. He mentioned that poor Solanke hadn't fully trained ..bless. and that was it ?. No mention of our horrendous ongoing injuries ?, I know we are shit at the moment but with even Egan or Bash perhaps or Holgate ! they don't score either of those goals and many more that we've conceded from crosses etc. And that's just SOME of the defence not to mention the rest !. I know our squad is weak at this level ,but that makes the injury situation more acute , I just wish that some of the media would at least mention it ?. Wilder did his best in the post match interview but it sounds like excuses when it's really just fact . šŸ˜’ Bournemouth like Brentford have been in the bottom 2 divisions for most of my lifetime and have won nothing...like us lol. šŸ˜Š But we have had more than 60 seasons in the top flight ,won every division & 4 FA Cups , I think that should earn us at least the same respect no matter what state we are in playing wise as poxy Bournemouth ?. Rant over .....šŸ˜†
At least they have won two trophies at finals since we last did in 1925 (play off and AMC). Toss.

Pretty sure that tackle by Walker that caught Salah on the follow through would have been discussed as a potential red if it were one of ours.

But as they donā€™t seem to want to spoil their showpiece game it wasnā€™t even a yellow or foul.

As an aside how jammy are Liverpool? Apart from the fact their first goal against us could have been called a foul, there second should have been a foul and a second yellow and the push on McAtee when he didnā€™t play the ball could have been a penā€¦well aside from all this baggage(!) keeper punches it onto Foden, hits bar and goes out for a goal kick then not long after Doku hits the post and it rolls nicely into the keeperā€™s arms. The sort of luck you get at the top in spades.

I appreciate on a weekend we had a goal disallowed and a penalty missed it probably wrong timing (!) but I just sat their thinking ā€œyou jammy gits!ā€ šŸ¤£

That said, absolutely no issue Doku kicking the guy in the chest yet when Jebbo gets a paper think flick on the City player in the semi itā€™s stonewall pen, even without the Oscar awarded for best acting in the reaction. It just seems like we play to a different set of rules, like the high threshold only gets applied to smaller teams and the bigger ones not so much.

Last edited:
Why on Earth would you watch MotD and expect intelligent, unbiased analysis. It's like watching the one show and expecting a breakdown of the budget.

so does Ian Wright though he was not wanting to say negatives but you could tell he was sad at our predicament.

Back
Top Bottom