JTW positions required

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

GK is a funny one.

Could just be looking to get younger at the position? Wes is 32 next month, Davies isn't exactly getting younger either, sure keepers can play for a heck of a lot longer than outfield players, but if they've done something like seen someone in the lower leagues who's rapidly improving that we can buy and loan back (or loan them Amissah instead) then I wouldn't hate the move.

Either that, or maybe they have a loan move for Amissah lined up independently and just need a free agent veteran stop gap until the end of the season as cover? But yeah, seems funny on paper, just thinking of possible reasons

These are the positions briefed in to agencies to offer proposals on.

Maybe GK is more of a longer term idea. Should we get promoted, I doubt we go into the new season with just Wes and Davies. Alternatively if we stay down, I'd have thought Wes and Davies would be fine again.

Bit of an odd one, I agree with BushBlade

I’d be genuinely surprised if we sign anyone.

LCB we’ve needed for some time. But we now have Clark, Robinson hopefully not far off and then ideally Norrington-Davies in the new year.

GK I just don’t see the need unless Davies is going somewhere as he sees a chance to become Wales no 1.

Strikers you have Billy, Iliman, McBurnie, Jebbison, Brewster, Osula, Khadra. I can appreciate that some of those are immediately injured but come January you’d hope Jebbo might be close to a return. I can see however that there is not an immediate McBurnie alternative for 1st Jan so that link to the stocky Brighton lad does not surprise me.

LCB we’ve needed for some time. But we now have Clark, Robinson hopefully not far off and then ideally Norrington-Davies in the new year.

GK I just don’t see the need unless Davies is going somewhere as he sees a chance to become Wales no 1.

Strikers you have Billy, Iliman, McBurnie, Jebbison, Brewster, Osula, Khadra. I can appreciate that some of those are immediately injured but come January you’d hope Jebbo might be close to a return. I can see however that there is not an immediate McBurnie alternative for 1st Jan so that link to the stocky Brighton lad does not surprise me.

I think Hecky will want to get a striker of some form in on loan, for a few reasons:-
  • The last 2 promotion campaigns, JTW strikers have helped get us over the line
  • The number of playoff campaigns we've entered with nobody fit to play up front (including last season)
  • Objectively at that list, you've got McB and Brewster who are prone to injury, Billy who hasn't scored yet this season, Jebbo and Osula 2 kids etc etc. It's always good to be greedy when looking at striker numbers.
  • If we can bring someone in, and McB and Brewster can come back to full fitness, the possibility arises of Jebbison going out on loan.

A striker is an absolute must IMO. We got a few contracted but only 2 having a positive impact.

McBurnie and Iliman are our only reliable(ish) strikers but McBurnie has a tendency to pick up injuries and be out for a couple of weeks.

Billy might pick up some form, but is it a season too far in his career (as it has been for the last 5 years 😂) ? I’d not be gambling on him returning to last seasons form.

Brewster - when the hammy keeps going, it’ll keep going. He’ll be injured more than he plays before leaving on a free. Massive shame as he was starting to look a player.

Khadra - not a striker but we seem to be trying him as one, albeit very sparingly. To my eye he’s being coached into a new position and this will take time.

Jebbo/Osula - won’t be available until next season ? If the window doesn’t go to plan I’d bring Osula back on deadline day as an extra body, but leading the line in the Championship ? Not convinced at the moment.

Maybe even bring a new striker in and recall Osula on 1st Jan.

Ditto.

We might loan another but I suspect that would mean that Khadra goes back.

I'd say the only position we really need is CM, but you could argue we have Norwood, Fleck, Doyle, Osborn, Berge, Coulibaly, Arblaster, Brooks so maybe not

I can't imagine we have any money. The fact the pitch apparently came out of transfer funds makes me think not.

The biggest surprise is a CM is not on the list. That would mean either Berge is definitely not leaving until summer or they already have a replacement lined up (Kone?)

Madine and Hogan freshened up the strike force and weighed in with some important goals during the promotion season so I'm not surprised to see another striker being sought. It would be a worry if McB or Ndiaye were missing for any length of time.

GK is a strange one - I'd have throught the current set-up would be sufficient until summer and a decision then be taken depending on which division Utd are in

Interesting. From the little I've seen of him, he obviously has ability but does appear very raw and it would be a gamble if he was expected to push for starts immediately

Definitely needs some coaching and development. I think Hecky and co. could provide that in abundance. Think he's missing a trick, personally.

I think the striker department could be a worry. I see N’Diaye as a number 10 floating behind the main striker BTW.

Sharp - Can't be relied to play 3 games a week 90 minutes like last season.

McBurnie - Decent when fit but struggles with fitness and injuries to play 46 games a season.

Brewster and Jebbison - Injured for at least a few more months.

Osula - Not playing much at Derby and for his development he's best staying out on loan for the full season.

Definitely needs some coaching and development. I think Hecky and co. could provide that in abundance. Think he's missing a trick, personally.
I think he likes the option of a loan to Udinese, Chateauroux and Beerschot perhaps aren't as much as a draw. Although I've heard he's got Kerala United pyjamas and the 2023 calendar.

With RND out until late Feb / March and Brewster's injury probably keeping him out for a similar timeframe, I can now see why we might be targeting LCB and CF.

Personally, I think CM is where we need someone most.

Could be an interesting window. Can see us trying our best to retain what we have.. and recruit players who are close to if not already PL standard albeit, either loans to get over the line or permanents who can kick on in the PL

Could be an interesting window. Can see us trying our best to retain what we have.. and recruit players who are close to if not already PL standard albeit, either loans to get over the line or permanents who can kick on in the PL
Some suggestions of players who might be a bit out of favour from their clubs but potential loan?

Caveat, I’ll be way off with some, but any suggestions? Have to be out of favour enough for their club to let them move on, but good enough to possibly contribute.

Reiss Nelson (Arsenal)
Pellestri (Man U)
Skipp, Sarr (Spurs)
Nakamba, Archer (Villa)
Ritchie, Anderson (Newcastle)
Mendy (Leicester)
Ferguson (Brighton)
Ghoddos (Brentford)
Riedewald, Hughes (Palace)
Colback (Forest)
Rothwell, Pearson, Dembélé, Brooks (Bournemouth)

Riedewald is a left footed defensive midfielder and is about 1m92. Anyone know much of him? Profile fits a lot of what we need. He’s 26.

If Bournemouth want Brooks or Dembélé to get games then especially for Brooks, somewhere familiar might not be a bad placement for 6 months.

Any thoughts or additions to the list?

Bring Osula back from Derby and get the contracts sorted, we should have enough with the players coming back to get this wrapped up, then spend for the prem👍

Having watford just signed some brazillian as well ( through udinese ) ?

Not sure a kid who hasn't broken into the Derby side is the answer to what we need.
We need cover, nothing more.
We have Mcburnie, Sharp, Illiman, Jebbison and Khadra, Osula would just take Brewsters space on the bench.

With strikers fit he wouldn't make the bench. Better for him to play and try and make himself a starter at level below
But, as your were happy to point out..... he can't get into the team, he isn't playing that much, only 1 90min game so far. Few mins v Burton, 16mins v Wendy I believe and a couple more appearances, scoring twice, so is it worth him being there???
And who would you bring in that, if it was perm, would be good enough for the prem, and cheap enough for us to afford????

Back
Top Bottom