Incoming? Sam Curtis & Ivo Grbic - Both Confirmed.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1706193324094.png

We'll hear the words from the man himself when the press conference is released later today.

Pointless signings but hey ho we are gearing up for the Championship

Pointless? Even is Wes wasn't having his issues, him, Davis and Ammisah aren't enough. We've needed an upgrade for years. Hence, Verrips, Olsen, Henderson and Ramsdale. I'd say strengthening there is, basically, essential.

Last edited:
Getting a goalkeeper was priority in this window, so I'm happy. Just wish it would've been done before the season.

Why are they pointless? Baldock possibly leaving in the summer as well as being injured at the moment and Wes is shite. So we’ve signed a back up for Bogle and a new first choice keeper
Well we will see.

Signed a 4 year deal. Earning £5,666pw and also club buying him a house in Dore, they've took out a mortgage on it, paying back £732p/m on the mortgage, house is valued at 389k.

In his medical they found out he was 5 inches smaller than what was said by his former club, and this was the hold up. He agreed to grow his hair to make up the 5 inches as his former club wouldn't budge on the fee and we were buying him based on his accurate height.
Where can I get a mortgage for £389k and only pay £732p/m!!!!!????????
Quick as you like!

I was told, by someone in the profession, that in the world of football intermediaries, Sheffield United, have the reputation of being one of the most disorganised and worst clubs to deal with, in any transfer negotiations.

That’s not hard to believe tbh 😉
Probably isn't - especially if you really, really want to believe it! 🤔

View attachment 178059

Donation made since I speculated and said "probably getting their signing videos released tonight" on Tuesday and that's ruffled a few feathers. Plus, why not, great cause and I owe them a bloody lot.

Be surprised if Sam's isn't released today with Ivo's following tomorrow so they both get their own day in the blades social media spotlight.

If I can speculate once more, I think Oli's interview may have had something to do with the media teams schedule. Either that or things are looking tricky with other deals and we're announcing these as late as possible in the JTW to avoid hysteria that we've done hardly anything running up to deadline day. Hopefully not!
Well done for the donation. Your ITK status is maintained.

Two non-standard deals really these aren't they. Curtis deal had the compensation element to resolve, Grbic presumably needs work permit and international clearance etc.

Pointless signings but hey ho we are gearing up for the Championship
Curtis is a signing for the future, unless he can do an Andre Brooks and force his way in, then keep his place. He's been tracked by loads of clubs.

Grbic i know nothing about*. He's a full international for Croatia though and has been the #2 GK for one of the best teams in Europe. Kept out by Oblak, one of the best GKs in the World.

*I know loads about Wes Foderingham though :rolleyes:

Wasn't in Atlético's squad last night so that bodes well. Everything points to him having signed days ago, we'll just be waiting on the visionary auteurs in the social media department to reshoot the signing video for the 15th time with very slightly different lighting and fewer gerbils.

[INT: Bramall Lane press conference room. WES is sat at a desk, smiling, pen in hand. A paper aeroplane labelled CONTRACT floats gently towards him. WES fumbles it. It continues on its journey. Camera pans round to follow it as we see GRBIC pouncing, cat-like, to catch it in mid-air. "U Wanna Be Me" by Nas plays, drowning out the howl of anguish from WES as the words GRBIC 2029 appear onscreen ]

Wasn't in Atlético's squad last night so that bodes well. Everything points to him having signed days ago, we'll just be waiting on the visionary auteurs in the social media department to reshoot the signing video for the 15th time with very slightly different lighting and fewer gerbils.
Nope.
Their new GK was on the bench

[INT: Bramall Lane press conference room. WES is sat at a desk, smiling, pen in hand. A paper aeroplane labelled CONTRACT floats gently towards him. WES fumbles it. It continues on its journey. Camera pans round to follow it as we see GRBIC pouncing, cat-like, to catch it in mid-air. "U Wanna Be Me" by Nas plays, drowning out the howl of anguish from WES as the words GRBIC 2029 appear onscreen ]
May I visit your world occasionally, please ?

Back
Top Bottom