Player Suggestion Premiership Squad

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Biggest question in my mind is what wonders can the current recruitment team/Hecky/Board can unearth with money in the bank. If Anel, Macca and Doyle are anything to go by we all need to calm down an trust the process. The one player we've actually spent money on, since Hecky took over full time, has been an absolute diamond. Judge the actions, not the rumours.

Absolute musts

Talking first 11 not squad players

GK
LCB
CM
LCM
ST

£100m investment needed
GK
LCB - Keiran Clarke
CM - Haris Belkebla
LCM
ST - Teemu Pukki

All on frees, we don't have to spend hundreds of millions and jeopardise the future of the club. Sure we could recruit better players than the above, but if we keep the ones we've got, then add 3 quality fee based transfers, perhaps spending £30m in total, it's not a bad compromise.

Certainly think we need to lower our expectations a bit and focus more on preparation and continuity.

Is Van Hecke out of contract at Brighton this summer? He’s a good young CB who played really well at Blackburn last year and I think we were briefly rumoured to be interested last summer.

Correction they’ve apparently triggered a one year option in his deal but still could be one to look at and might not be extortionate with him only having one year on his deal.

GK
LCB - Keiran Clarke
CM - Haris Belkebla
LCM
ST - Teemu Pukki

All on frees, we don't have to spend hundreds of millions and jeopardise the future of the club. Sure we could recruit better players than the above, but if we keep the ones we've got, then add 3 quality fee based transfers, perhaps spending £30m in total, it's not a bad compromise.

Certainly think we need to lower our expectations a bit and focus more on preparation and continuity.
What ever the question, Pukki is not the answer.

Clarke too injury prone, but ok as back up

Belkebla good shout but 29yo never played in PL

200w.gif
Not enough??

nahh weve just earnt c. £250m with promotion over next 2 seasons, guaranteed! we go again.
minus £100 million of wages
minus debts
minus signing on fees
minus agent fees
minus running costs
minus maintenance and improvement work
minus anything we do with the training ground, Academy, stadium or hotel

minus £100 million of wages - Within the PL £250m
minus debts - New owner
minus signing on fees- Within the PL £250m
minus agent fees- Within the PL £250m
minus running costs - Business as usual
minus maintenance and improvement work - BAU
minus anything we do with the training ground, Academy, stadium or hotel - New owner/fu(k the hotel until established in PL

minus £100 million of wages - Within the PL £250m
minus debts - New owner
minus signing on fees- Within the PL £250m
minus agent fees- Within the PL £250m
minus running costs - Business as usual
minus maintenance and improvement work - BAU
minus anything we do with the training ground, Academy, stadium or hotel - New owner/fu(k the hotel until established in PL

Suggest you read the article linked in this thread - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/pinch-the-accountant-on-the-riches.95656/#post-4529902 - Might temper expectations somewhat.

Why the F would get go to Sunderland given there's no guarantee they will go up plus aren't Birmingham now apparently loaded with the new owner?

Sunderland are extremely aggressive in terms of giving young players minutes, I believe that they have the youngest average starting XI by a country mile, perhaps he wants playing time?

How about this....

OUT:
Berge - £9m
Jebbison - £5m

IN:
Trafford - £7m
Holgate - Loan
Manning - Free
Doyle - £9m
O'Brien - £6.5m
Smallbone - £3.5m
McAtee - Loan
Traore - £5m
Hamulic - £2m

Net: £19m

Trafford
Anel Egan Holgate
Baldock Doyle O'Brien Manning
Ndiaye McAtee
McBurnie

I might have just sorted it for us there

Doyle in the same ballpark as O'Brien for one. Jebbison and Berge for pointless sums is another.

What do you think we could get for Jebbison and Berge?

Do you think Forest would sell OBrien for much less than the 7m they paid?

Doyle could be quite variable - but I think closer to 9m than 15m. I'm thinking buy back clauses would be a significant factor with the fees for any City players

Doyle in the same ballpark as O'Brien for one. Jebbison and Berge for pointless sums is another.

If you think £15m is pointless to this football club you've not been paying attention to the six or seven months of our history..

We also have shag all budget and those two players are far from irreplaceable.

How about this....

OUT:
Berge - £9m
Jebbison - £5m

IN:
Trafford - £7m
Holgate - Loan
Manning - Free
Doyle - £9m
O'Brien - £6.5m
Smallbone - £3.5m
McAtee - Loan
Traore - £5m
Hamulic - £2m

Trafford
Anel Egan Holgate
Ndiaye McAtee
McBurnie

You play too much FM.

Berge for 9m is a joke. He STILL has 12 months, very minimum should be 15, if we are looking at 'cutting our loses'. Just don't want January to roll around and clubs can talk to him about moving on a free.

Jebbison for 5m aswell. He's a young England U21 international. That's got the 'English tax' on it & honestly, I'd rather give him regular minutes this season and a contract extension.

I don't think we can get all the players listed but, I like most of your suggestions. Trafford looked very good at Bolton last year. I reckon City would do 5m but with a buyback inserted, like they have for Lavia and others. God, it would be great to have both Doyle and McAtee back in some capacity as well

How about this....

OUT:
Berge - £9m
Jebbison - £5m

IN:
Trafford - £7m
Holgate - Loan
Manning - Free
Doyle - £9m
O'Brien - £6.5m
Smallbone - £3.5m
McAtee - Loan
Traore - £5m
Hamulic - £2m

Trafford
Anel Egan Holgate
Ndiaye McAtee
McBurnie

You couldn’t really complain at that to be fair. As much as I’d like to keep hold of berge

It Certainly seems like He is willing to play out his contract and leave for free next season.

So if you could sell him and get a fee which allowed you to bring it a promising keeper and Doyle for example. I think that would be an understable LT move.

The side also looks to me a lot stronger than 2 years ago. and importantly so is the bench - Norwood/rnd/Robinson + new signings is much improved.

You play too much FM.

Berge for 9m is a joke. He STILL has 12 months, very minimum should be 15, if we are looking at 'cutting our loses'. Just don't want January to roll around and clubs can talk to him about moving on a free.

Jebbison for 5m aswell. He's a young England U21 international. That's got the 'English tax' on it & honestly, I'd rather give him regular minutes this season and a contract extension.

I don't think we can get all the players listed but, I like most of your suggestions. Trafford looked very good at Bolton last year. I reckon City would do 5m but with a buyback inserted, like they have for Lavia and others. God, it would be great to have both Doyle and McAtee back in some capacity as well
Well, we can see if anyone wants to pay 15m for Berge...... but they won't. Unless West Ham feel generous after getting the Rice money. It appeared that no one even bid as much as 10m in January. Way I see it, we can get someone who will match and maybe better his contribution. Then its just a case of do we want 9m or not?

I'd rather give Jebbison a new contract, but he won't sign one. If we keep him solely for his use this season and accept losing him on a free/tribunal, it's quite a stupid gamble on a very unproven player. And he's replaceable. Again, would we rather have 5m or not? Not to mention the sell on clause

Well, we can see if anyone wants to pay 15m for Berge...... but they won't. Unless West Ham feel generous after getting the Rice money. It appeared that no one even bid as much as 10m in January. Way I see it, we can get someone who will match and maybe better his contribution. Then its just a case of do we want 9m or not?

I'd rather give Jebbison a new contract, but he won't sign one. If we keep him solely for his use this season and accept losing him on a free/tribunal, it's quite a stupid gamble on a very unproven player. And he's replaceable. Again, would we rather have 5m or not? Not to mention the sell on clause

How do we know jebbo wont sign a new contract? Its been reported berge and Ndaiye want to test the market…

Not seen anything suggesting jebbo wants out to be fair

Back
Top Bottom