Outgoing? Clarke

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wardy1889

Reaction score
Heard a little rumour could be on his way back to Bury, anybody heard anything?

They're skint and can't say there is a player that stands out from Monday to make it a cash plus player bid. Not sure this is a goer and especially not until we get a replacement in.

They're skint and can't say there is a player that stands out from Monday to make it a cash plus player bid. Not sure this is a goer and especially not until we get a replacement in.

Agreed but there is a rumour that a couple of their young players are interesting PREM clubs

Heard a little rumour could be on his way back to Bury, anybody heard anything?

We were in the main stand on Monday, close to the Bury hospitality area. At about kick off, Trig Jnr (TY) pointed out somebody wearing in said area wearing a Sheff U coat, making his way to his seat, quickly followed by "Oh, it's Leon Clarke....." As far as we could see he was the only one of ours in there, so that may or may not have been siginificant.

He had a hot drink in a plastic cup, could that be the deal clincher :)

I was surprised at how many players they had who have played at a higher level, or who have been half decent, Vaughan, Tom Soares, Neil Danns, Kelvin Utuhu, Tubby Kay, who can't come cheap.

Personally I'd still like to keep him around. There's no doubt he's been hit and miss, but he gives us something different to our other strikers.

On paper him & Sharp are our best strikers, although they haven't formed a great partnership they have at times shown glimpses of what they can do together.

Besides anyone who averages a goal every 2 games (near enough before he came here anyway) is surely worth having in the squad.

I'd be disappointed to see him leave before the end of this season.

He still has plenty to offer and if anything happened to Sharp we'd desperately need him.

We should only consider letting him leave if we sign another quality striker like Bogle or Ched. Otherwise it'd be madness.

We were in the main stand on Monday, close to the Bury hospitality area. At about kick off, Trig Jnr (TY) pointed out somebody wearing in said area wearing a Sheff U coat, making his way to his seat, quickly followed by "Oh, it's Leon Clarke....." As far as we could see he was the only one of ours in there, so that may or may not have been siginificant.
Reed was also in that section, sat on the back row near the radio guys.

The good thing about Wilder's transfer policy is we won't pay huge wages in League One. That means the likes of Hussey, Wilson and Clarke are obtainable for most League One clubs - be that now or at the end of the season. A small price to pay for Leon's three year deal?

I saw the "Outgoing" bit, then the "Clarke" bit, then some wee came out!! making way for someone that can play next to Billy and score!?!?
See ya!

If he was to go and it's a big if, surely Wilder would already have another striker to bring in to replace him.

Agree with the more recent posters - I'm sure CW would only consider letting Clarke go if he has another >6', physical striker lined-up. I'd be less confident if it were NC or NA in charge but surely CW wouldn't make such an error.

CW has repeatedly tried to make the LC/BS combo work but it just doesn't. I'm not sure whether LC will be satisfied to be a sub considering his age - I wouldn't if I were him. If he is, I'd be tempted to keep him.

The recalling of McNulty I don't get, given CW shipped him out so quickly - I'd be surprised (& disappointed) if he's still at the club at the end of the month though.

The one thing about Wilder is that if he makes a poor purchase he is prepared to 'ditch' them pretty quickly and move on.I like this attitude,we don't have the time to wait for players to contribute,we are on a fast track and those that can't do the business will go !!

On paper, a perfectly understandable signing.

On the green green grass ..................

Writing on the wall here. Surprised if it turns out to be Jan TW rather than in the summer though.

Dress it up how you want though, thus far he's been gash and we need better.

UTB

Agree with the more recent posters - I'm sure CW would only consider letting Clarke go if he has another >6', physical striker lined-up. I'd be less confident if it were NC or NA in charge but surely CW wouldn't make such an error.

CW has repeatedly tried to make the LC/BS combo work but it just doesn't. I'm not sure whether LC will be satisfied to be a sub considering his age - I wouldn't if I were him. If he is, I'd be tempted to keep him.

The recalling of McNulty I don't get, given CW shipped him out so quickly - I'd be surprised (& disappointed) if he's still at the club at the end of the month though.
I think he made it quite clear - McNulty asked for the loan move initially ( wasn't shipped out) and due to the loan rules he wants the extra cover for injuries / drops in form etc. Don't see what is to be disappointed about

I'd be disappointed to see him leave before the end of this season.

He still has plenty to offer and if anything happened to Sharp we'd desperately need him.

We should only consider letting him leave if we sign another quality striker like Bogle or Ched. Otherwise it'd be madness.

But would it be "bonky madness"?

I think he made it quite clear - McNulty asked for the loan move initially ( wasn't shipped out) and due to the loan rules he wants the extra cover for injuries / drops in form etc. Don't see what is to be disappointed about

Disappointed as I don't rate McNulty at all and his wages will be preventing a better player coming in - awful first touch, unable to hold the ball up and generally not good enough as proven at both clubs he's played for in L1. I notice you avoid mentioning that the loan termination was mutually agreeable i.e. Bradford did't want him.

Does he actually think he's got a better chance of getting game time at Utd than Bradford - he's 5th choice (at best), (6th if CW brings in another) if that is the reason he asked to go out on loan?

Disappointed as I don't rate McNulty at all and his wages will be preventing a better player coming in - awful first touch, unable to hold the ball up and generally not good enough as proven at both clubs he's played for in L1. I notice you avoid mentioning that the loan termination was mutually agreeable i.e. Bradford did't want him.

Does he actually think he's got a better chance of getting game time at Utd than Bradford - he's 5th choice (at best), (6th if CW brings in another) if that is the reason he asked to go out on loan?
He was leading scorer the only year he had a decent amount of games for us and how many has he started for Bradford? I haven't heard CW mention Bradford terminated the agreement - I'm happy to let CW make the decisions either way, he's earned it. Personally I've not seen this awful first touch when I've seen him play - UTB's

He was leading scorer the only year he had a decent amount of games for us and how many has he started for Bradford? I haven't heard CW mention Bradford terminated the agreement - I'm happy to let CW make the decisions either way, he's earned it. Personally I've not seen this awful first touch when I've seen him play - UTB's

I think I read he started just 5 games for Bradford - as he was fit you have to ask yourself why is that.

Happy to agree to disagree with you about him but I think considering him for the team (or squad) moving forward would be a backwards step

I think I read he started just 5 games for Bradford - as he was fit you have to ask yourself why is that.

Happy to agree to disagree with you about him but I think considering him for the team (or squad) moving forward would be a backwards step
i think mcnultys on his way but another way of looking at it is if hes with us he cant be scoring for bradford one of our promotion rivals maybe this is chrissys logic behind bringing him back

Mcnultys awful just look at the Bradford fans responses to him being recalled they couldn't be happier and there only striker is James Hanson

The more the merrier, I say. If Billy Sharp, Matty Done and Caolan Lavery all get the norovirus then we'll need both Leon and McNuts. They aren't everyone's cup of tea but they'd still be a more promising pairing than a lot of clubs in our division could put together.

Mcnultys awful just look at the Bradford fans responses to him being recalled they couldn't be happier and there only striker is James Hanson
You should look through our own forum regarding players like Coutts and Freeman and how happy we were to get rid of them - let's see if CW can can him producing, if not he will no doubt move him on...

Does anyone know what Clarkes' injury is and timescale of it?

Back
Top Bottom