Outgoing? Osborn

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Luke Freeman...who has a 50/50 chance of being a Premier League footballer again come 7.30pm on Saturday.
Not relevant as to whether he was a “value for money” signing for United though.

Luke Freeman...who has a 50/50 chance of being a Premier League footballer again come 7.30pm on Saturday.
Ben Osborn… who was part of a squad that finished second and gained automatic promotion to the Premier League.

Sorry, I really don’t see what your point is there.

If we have Ben Osborn as part of a Premier league squad we might as well stick an R next to us now and save ourselves the embarrassment of having to watch him chase shadows like some demented puppy.

I'm sure he's a nice bloke and all that but he's absolutely not a premier league footballer. He's barely a championship footballer and if it wasn't for Brewster he'd probably go down as out worst value for money signing under Wilder

In an ideal world we’d sign 8 or 9 players that will improve the starting 11 and bench, then release players like Osborn and maybe even Norwood and Robinson.

But in the real world, it’s unlikely we’ll have the budget to make wholesale changes. So that will mean keeping players like Osborn because we’re going to need cover for injuries and suspensions.

If Osborn is starting every week then we’re fucked, but as a squad player providing cover and some appearances off the bench, then I’m happy to give him another contract.

Ben Osborn… who was part of a squad that finished second and gained automatic promotion to the Premier League.

Sorry, I really don’t see what your point is there.
My point was that Luke Freeman was a complete flop at the Lane but in one of those quirks of fate he's got a decent chance of being a top flight footballer again when I suspect most of us would have thought that ship had sailed.

My recollection is that Ozzy was the Forest fans POTY and Wilders recruitment MO was to sign other clubs POTY. Enda was Portsmouth POT. Think there was another player but can’t remember who.
anyway I have always liked him. He is not in my view a LWB. Too small. Not the most skilful player but always plenty of energy, good engine and really good at closing down and getting ball back. Ideal to bring on when our midfield getting overrun or running out of steam. I’d keep him.

Both he and Fleck play left side midfield, if we do not bring another in then Osborn has to stay.

Between Os, Fleck, Lowe and Robinson our left is a shadow of what our right can be.

I think we'll upgrade on Fleck and Lowe. As mentioned we can't afford to strengthen them all and none of the others can cover multiple positions.
I'd keep him, but he does frustrate the hell out of me at times.

Sheffield United man makes contract pledge as he looks to repay faith ahead of new season​

Ben Osborn has pledged to repay the faith shown in him by Sheffield United after admitting he was “50/50” over whether he would be offered a new deal at Bramall Lane.

Both he and Fleck play left side midfield, if we do not bring another in then Osborn has to stay.
Ozzy is a reasonable LWB. It's his position. Might as well substitute Jebbo for Ozzy as LCM. Both ideas are pointless.

Ozzie's best position is on the bench I'm afraid,I like him but he's just one of those players that doesn't seem to have a natural position in the side but can come on and cover a few positions and if course has loads of energy and commitment.

Ozzys problem is he is made to play all over the damn place. Especially on the right. No idea what Heck expects but its unfair on Ozzy. We don't need to waste scarce resources on a LWB. Ozzy is ok. Lowe as cover until RND is back.
What you going to do with Larouchi.

What you going to do with Larouchi.
Having never seen him play I have absolutely no idea. Hopefully he will prove to be good enough to merit a first team match day squad. I'd never heard of him like 99.9% of Blades supporters so the only people with the vaguest notion as to what happens to him are those that scouted and signed him. WIKI has him as a LB, a position we don't do. Maybe the plan is to develop him as a LWB. He's only 5'9" so LCB isn't really an option.Maybe he'll work out or be crap. No idea.

I still stand by the fact his best position is as a left winger or left side attacking midfielder.

Too small to play in the heart of midfield or defence but let him concentrate on only attacking and he would chip in with goals I'm sure

I think this lad deserves some praise after some of the shit he’s had recently. From myself included for doubting him.

Great start to the season and today in particular i thought he was great!!
Very reliable, never hides and full of energy. Credit to him and Bash for being senior squad players coming into the team to do a job with a minimum of fuss, in positions that are not their favourite.

Credit where it’s due. He’s played well first two games, especially against Florist as RWB.

I said a couple of weeks ago rwb was his best position for us ( based on previous performances) and was met with a hysterical onslaught

He did well tonight and I'd have no problems leaving him there
To be fair, you could mention Osborn playing in any position and you will be met with an hysterical onslaught. He is a solid pro....but, I think there are people who are just more Osbourne, than Osborn, in life...

He wouldn't be in my ideal XI but he's shown tonight why he merits a squad number.

Very little came down his side. He was very harshly booked (as was Hamer when you consider what their lad did on Hamer).

Look at us, inverted wing backs 😉

Did well.

I’m giving him some credit after reflecting on last night. He’s not & never has been a PL player but he was the only senior player last night who showed a bit of professionalism and pride. Ok it didn’t amount to much but at least the effort was there, and that’s the very bare minimum we should be able to expect from all of them.

I’m giving him some credit after reflecting on last night. He’s not & never has been a PL player but he was the only senior player last night who showed a bit of professionalism and pride. Ok it didn’t amount to much but at least the effort was there, and that’s the very bare minimum we should be able to expect from all of them.

Osborn probably one of a few players that always does their fucking job. He doesn't go hiding either, always full of energy nipping at players and closing them down. A shame no other twat goes and helps him out.

Back
Top Bottom