Is this all a ploy????

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I heard an interesting theory that got me thinking 🤔. The story goes that the Prince wants to get relegated as it is actually easier to sell us as a championship team at a lower price with the condition that if we get promoted back to the Premier league then the price goes up (a bit like the Dozy deal). So the Prince leaves at the end of next season regardless, either selling a championship club or pocketing more if we go up and the new owners are in place for the 25/26 season. Expect little to no investment in the team next season.

If I sold my house, could I get more money on it if the new owner upgraded it to a five bedroom detached as it would be worth more?

I heard an interesting theory that got me thinking 🤔. The story goes that the Prince wants to get relegated as it is actually easier to sell us as a championship team at a lower price with the condition that if we get promoted back to the Premier league then the price goes up (a bit like the Dozy deal). So the Prince leaves at the end of next season regardless, either selling a championship club or pocketing more if we go up and the new owners are in place for the 25/26 season. Expect little to no investment in the team next season.
You can't be serious! Are you having a laugh!

We won't be top 10
We cannot possibly know when we have no idea of what the squad will look like.
However there will be several of the current squad still around with experience and already seen youngsters. Add in several new signings and top ten is realistic.

We cannot possibly know when we have no idea of what the squad will look like.
However there will be several of the current squad still around with experience and already seen youngsters. Add in several new signings and top ten is realistic.

No, we can’t “know” what will happen.

But we can speculate based on trends and recent events.
So, on the basis that we will continue to have little by way of funds to replace all the players leaving in the summer out of contract, added to those who will be sold and return to parent clubs it means we will need to bring in a lot of players just to make a squad.
I therefore point you to the record of the club in the last 2-3 years in its transfer business, most specifically when having very little transfer budget.
In short-
1- we fail big time in the foreign market.
2- We over rely on loans which delays arrivals every year
3- Wages wise we aren’t a big player and struggle to draw the successful players
4- we are often bringing in the managers 3rd, 4th, 5th choice players taking an age to “get them over the line.
5- We over hype young players who (blaster aside) have done nothing yet to suggest they will have a big career at any club with lofty intentions of top end league status in either the championship or premier league.

On that basis I foresee a repeat of the start of the current season, with an underprepared team already devoid of confidence getting done over by clubs we would have expected to get results from. Manager struggling to get consistency in selection and the slide to continue.

Bottom half is the most likely result, any better and the manager will have worked miracles again with the little assistance expected from board level.

No, we can’t “know” what will happen.

But we can speculate based on trends and recent events.
So, on the basis that we will continue to have little by way of funds to replace all the players leaving in the summer out of contract, added to those who will be sold and return to parent clubs it means we will need to bring in a lot of players just to make a squad.
I therefore point you to the record of the club in the last 2-3 years in its transfer business, most specifically when having very little transfer budget.
In short-
1- we fail big time in the foreign market.
2- We over rely on loans which delays arrivals every year
3- Wages wise we aren’t a big player and struggle to draw the successful players
4- we are often bringing in the managers 3rd, 4th, 5th choice players taking an age to “get them over the line.
5- We over hype young players who (blaster aside) have done nothing yet to suggest they will have a big career at any club with lofty intentions of top end league status in either the championship or premier league.

On that basis I foresee a repeat of the start of the current season, with an underprepared team already devoid of confidence getting done over by clubs we would have expected to get results from. Manager struggling to get consistency in selection and the slide to continue.

Bottom half is the most likely result, any better and the manager will have worked miracles again with the little assistance expected from board level.
Apart from the loans, I think many of the current squad of c30 will still be here, but as you say several are as yet not Championship level(but may be once the season is underway).
Our track record in the previous 2/3 years with transfers was pretty good.
No doubt there will be loans and one or two may come late on, but I really don’t see us struggling in the bottom half next season.

Apart from the loans, I think many of the current squad of c30 will still be here, but as you say several are as yet not Championship level(but may be once the season is underway).
Our track record in the previous 2/3 years with transfers was pretty good.
No doubt there will be loans and one or two may come late on, but I really don’t see us struggling in the bottom half next season.

If they are still here then that doesn’t fill me with much confidence of any improvement in fortunes either.
It only takes 4/5 to leave…Say Egan, McB, Robbo, Baldock…Norwood…wouldn’t be out of the question. 2 arguably past it, one can’t stay fit and isn’t looking likely, one hasn’t had a great time here and may fancy a change the other may still get a gig in the Prem when fully fit.
McAtee, BBD, Archer going as their loan (Archer is effectively a loan) ends and no chance of returning.
Many can’t string a run of games together and get in the side due to there literally being nobody else.
Defensively weak.
Immobile in midfield, slow in possession.
Lacking mobility and finishers up front.
But worst of all quite possibly the worst keeper I have ever seen in a blades shirt.

I do t see your enthusiasm

If they are still here then that doesn’t fill me with much confidence of any improvement in fortunes either.
It only takes 4/5 to leave…Say Egan, McB, Robbo, Baldock…Norwood…wouldn’t be out of the question. 2 arguably past it, one can’t stay fit and isn’t looking likely, one hasn’t had a great time here and may fancy a change the other may still get a gig in the Prem when fully fit.
McAtee, BBD, Archer going as their loan (Archer is effectively a loan) ends and no chance of returning.
Many can’t string a run of games together and get in the side due to there literally being nobody else.
Defensively weak.
Immobile in midfield, slow in possession.
Lacking mobility and finishers up front.
But worst of all quite possibly the worst keeper I have ever seen in a blades shirt.

I do t see your enthusiasm
I think you are judging players based on being outclassed in the PL and now lacking confidence.
Apart from the top 3/4 teams in next year’s Championship we will not be out classed with what is left and 5/6 decent incomers.
Getting promoted in the next three years may be a bit more tricky.
Let’s continue these exchanges next September.

Back
Top Bottom