Outgoing? Chris Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Brave from a seemingly genuine Sky reporter to tweet that and make himself look like a dickhead. Fair play.

Even the WBA replying to those tweets are laughing.

Yes....yes of course Rob.

I would think its a bigger task for you to manage to get yourself dressed in a morning and cross a road safely, than it is for WBA to get Wilder, if thats ths sort of total bollox your mind can conceive.

Please dont tell me that this fella gets paid for coming out with this sort of steaming shit. If so, im obviously in the wrong industry.

Next week....Rob's latest big exclusive rumour. Wilder to be appointed new WBA boss with a backroom team of Elvis (asst manager), Lord Lucan (sports physio), and Shergar (Kit Horse).

Similar ploy as last season with Sunderland.

Announce (deserved) new contract for CW and assurances re: finances/budget in next few days. I don't blame him and would do the same. It that's what it takes to reward him then so be it.

Last edited:
Don’t think for a second that he’ll go - he’s been all over tv recently and seems excited for the challenge

But we’re only a year on from people laughing at the Sunderland links and wilders admitted he nearly walked last year

McCabe and the price need to put their selfishness aside and do the right thing for the club. A little direction wouldn’t go amiss

I would hope that CW and his backroom team all had inbuilt substantial pay rises and bonuses in their last contracts, qnd therefore they should have done very well out of their success at United.

If they have, then great, im happy for them and they deserve a big pay rise.. If hypothetically, they had this pay rise in their existing contracts and still wanted pay rises / new contracts so soon after they were happy to sign the previous ones, then i would hope that the club tell them to sod off.

Even Lord Wilder himself can't just click his fingers and demand a new contract whenever he thinks he deserves one. Maybe im old-fashioned in that i think a contract should mean something - both ways.

I think there's some mileage in this.
Wilder has clearly grown tired of the boardroom struggles at the lane and is beginning to fall out of love with the club. That's obvious.
The chance to join a smaller club and make it bigger than United is one he may not be able to pass up.
Ignore the fact that they can't hold onto their most prized asset because money is an issue. Ignore the fact that purse strings will be tightened as they approach a second season in the championship. And certainly ignore the fact that the ultimate dream for pretty much all of Wilder's life is to manage the blades in the top flight.

He's as good as gone & quite frankly we should start planning for life with a new manager.

Truth is we need to get used to the idea that one of the best managers in the country is coveted by other clubs. Bound to happen, and only a matter of time before one of the big dogs comes calling.

Wilder has clearly grown tired of the boardroom struggles at the lane and is beginning to fall out of love with the club. That's obvious.
The chance to join a smaller club and make it bigger than United is one he may not be able to pass up.
Ignore the fact that they can't hold onto their most prized asset because money is an issue. Ignore the fact that purse strings will be tightened as they approach a second season in the championship. And certainly ignore the fact that the ultimate dream for pretty much all of Wilder's life is to manage the blades in the top flight.

He's as good as gone & quite frankly we should start planning for life with a new manager.
Very funny.

Ooh you’re going to get some bites off that from people who don’t read the full thing :D

Local journalist in Midlands confirmed WBA are serious in their attempt

Not going to happen surely?

So Chris Wilder will walk away from a crack at the top flight to go to a club that might never do it again?

After all the singing and dancing after the Ipswich game and after all the singing and dancing on the pitch at Stoke?

I am sure WBA would love him, and I am sure many other clubs would, but this is his boyhood dream and he has done it.

Sky also say other Championship clubs and one PL club lining Wilder up. Not surprising teams with ambition are circling whilst Laurel & Hardy are embarrassing themselves in court. There would never be a better time to go in for Wilder.

For a start I think there's not a chance

But my dream job, and any blades dream job, would be to manage us in the prem.
If Chris left us for fucking WEST BROM I'd question his mentality nevermind anything else. We've all known about this court case for over a year.

I'd work under Harold Shipman if it meant managing us.

This would be the most “Sheffield United” thing ever but come on seriously?

He’s not joining West fuckin Brom

Hope this is a reaction to missing out on some targets and an effort to bring things to a head with laurel and hardy running the club into the ground.

I’d vomit if he left - we wouldn’t stand a prayer of staying up.

Finally, the cunning plans of Mark the Pitsmoor Pig are bearing fruit.

Just put a tenner on Billy Sharp to be our player manager for next season

It would seriously be like a death in the family if he left now, before the start of the season. I don't think for a minute he'd go, unless boardroom antics made it impossible for him to stay, and that, I'm afraid, is not impossible by any means.

e9d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom