Incoming? Chris Mempham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Anel having a "bad" season so far may due to the step up in quality opposition and lack of quality in front of him. With a consistent back 4 or 5 and a some quality to go with Vinnie, he'll get back to his prior "good" form. We need help in all areas this JTW but to me the midfield is where we lose every game. Even against Brentford, who were under strength we looked outclassed in the middle. We all know the players who need replacing, just hope we bring in replacements that can make us compete in midfield. Surely, there has to be some European or African player ready to burst onto the scene.
Agree with you. Defenders have had too much to do because of our inadequate midfield this season. It's a very difficult task to stay up if the midfield isn't competitive.

I personally don't think he's over the glandular fever and add a new born into the mix then it doesn't surprise me. I'm sure it took Brooks ages to get over glandular fever and start to show his ability again...

You never get over glandular fever. The strain stays in your body for life.

Getting fatigued quicker and reduced energy can sometimes never get back to previous levels.. and if it does can take months if not years.

Their are many professional athletes who have had their careers deminished because of it.

We do seem to like a Brentford centre back, or is this instance an ex one. He was very highly rated at Brentford. Is he left or right footed/sided?
That's a bad sign, JOC and Egan weren't really rated at all by Brentford fans so I'd be suspicious of one they liked.

1. We are now playing in a more competitive league.

2. Our success since the arrival of Wilder has been using a back 4 instead of a back 5.

3. Players who enjoyed attacking and scored goals are fining life harder.

4. Anel, JLT and Bogle get fewer chances to attack and score goas, like they did in the Championship!

5. Our weaker, less settled midfield has not helped.

Mepham last 4 seasons

2019/20 (Prem) - 12 out of 38 games played
2020/21 (Champ) - 24 out of 46 games played
2021/22 (Champ) - 22 out of 46 games played
2022/23 (Prem) - 26 out of 38 games played

Total: 84 games played out of possible 168 (50%)

The above includes games when came on as sub for a few minutes here and there too.. actual number of games starting is much lower.

Not all
Mepham last 4 seasons

The above includes games when came on as sub for a few minutes here and there too.. actual number of games starting is much lower.
missed due to injury. Bournmouth have a good squad and constantly invest.

Mepham last 4 seasons

It doesn't matter, he is British and replacing a forrinner

#wildersbrexitblades

if chris is thinking on the lines of playing a back 4 next season maybe he sees mepham as the ideal partner for trusty 🤔

Brentford have just signed a Spurs LB on Loan, possibly meaning they expect to make a squad spot available soon for other moves ??

Obviously doesn’t mean the opposite but you never know

Mepham is decent enough replacing Egan.

That’s a really good point. We can’t know what we’ll get from Egan, and I’d be happy enough if this was his replacement.

I’m less convinced about him replacing Anel. But it could also signal the very end of the attacking centre halves in a back 3.

Back
Top Bottom