Does Wilder last the season?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’d put good money on Chris Wilder not even lasting the season. The blokes washed up. Anyone want to take the bet?
Believe it when (if) it happens ... this club is so faffing slow at everything it does ..... grrrrrgh

It appears that mentality equates to "live in the past... never modernise... never innovate... never look forwards, only back", and many fans are happy to accept only looking in the pool of people with a previous association to the club because bladey bladeness
Aye, muck n’ nettles. Only in Sheffield is perennial shitness worn as a badge of honour.

This time next season is when his second spell will begin to be judged - unless there's a takeover and the new owner doesn't fancy him. Even if it's not going great he might well be safe as it tends to cost money to sack and hire managers. The OP lacks basic logic.

Last edited:
Aye, muck n’ nettles. Only in Sheffield is perennial shitness worn as a badge of honour.

The inverse of that is thinking that foreign, expensive and fancy sounding equates to inventive and innovative and inevitable progress. The Emperor's new clothes regimes of Slav, Weir, Adkins and Robson caught a lot of people in that particular trap.

That's one thing I say to anyone about supporting this club, it's never boring.

Look at this century alone.

FA Cup semi final, League Cup semi final with giant killings along the way. Sadly the season ended with a play off final defeat.

Promotion to the Premier League and relegation on the final day through an ex player scoring against us. We went down with the highest points for a relegated team (oh, the irony!).

More play off final woes followed by relegation to League One.

Six years in League One with more play off woes, then a League Cup semi final and FA Cup semi final where we had a good day out at Wembley and we pushed Hull all the way. A standing ovation that will live on in my memory.

Automatic promotion to the Championship with a boyhood Blade in charge and one as captain, where we destroyed the league and went up as champions. 10,000 away fans at Stadium MK for a match to remember.

The Boxing Day massacre and Duffy became an instant legend. Brooks' cheeky little nutmeg added to the enjoyment on a debut to remember.

Promotion to the Premier League as runners up where we were the talk of the league due to our unique system. Even Pigs were admitting that we played great football and that they admired Wilder.

We managed to stay up playing fearless football, finishing 9th and just missing out on a European place. We were the talk of the Premier League and everyone's second favourite team. People actually talking about what amazing football we played. Added to that we were undefeated home and away against every London team, and only Liverpool and Man City did the double over us.

Relegation in a sorry season where the lack of depth and quality in the squad caught up with us and bit us on the arse, and we looked back and realised we'd wasted millions on crap.

After this more play off heart break with a penalty shoot-out loss after a heavily injury ravaged squad (don't get me started), beat Florist at the Shitty Ground.

The next season the shining star Ndiaye stole the show in a promotion campaign littered with sub average performances in arguably the weakest Championship in years. But added to that was another trip to Wembley for another FA Cup semi final where we lost to arguably the best club in the world, but didn't embarass or disgrace ourselves.

And here we are in so far what will go down as the worst season in not only Sheffield United's history, but in the history of the Premier League, where breaking Derby's record is no longer a joke but a reality.

However, the story of this season remains to be told. I expect it to end in relegation but how many points we gain is yet to be determined.

Some fans of other clubs would give anything just to tick half of these boxes.

It's certainly never boring.

Good post, though Leicester and Southampton also did the double over us (in both PL seasons under Wilder) and Newcastle in just the first season.

Good post, though Leicester and Southampton also did the double over us (in both PL seasons under Wilder) and Newcastle in just the first season.
My bad, I thought we took points off everyone except for Liverpool and City in the first season.

I’d put good money on Chris Wilder not even lasting the season. The blokes washed up. Anyone want to take the bet?
He might be better employed in one of the catering outlets doing the washing up.
Another recipe for disaster in my eyes that says plenty about the shortcomings of the decision makers.
Whoever they are🙄

Back
Top Bottom